“High ceilings, wood floors” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Baltimore, Maryland
“High ceilings, wood floors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a very interesting hotel, in a refurbished building. I stayed in two different rooms two different stays, and had some family stay in a third room. Each of the rooms had the wood floors, very high ceilings, and tall curtains. Although none of the rooms had extraordinary views, the rooms were very pleasant, especially for the cost of the hotel. The layout of the hotel is a little confusing - self parking is just off-site, but valet is easy. The check-in area is a little strange, neither obviously accessible, but not overly confusing, either. Breakfast is on the second floor, and the room service food is from off-site restaurants. All in all, they're doing a good job with a great location of a hotel. Euclid Avenue is now mainly accessible by public transportation, so expect to be a little confused if you're going the wrong way on the street. Turning around or looping back around if you've driven past is a little difficult.
Good value, and great location!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Wyandotte, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

First of all, I am an employee of a Holiday Inn Full service hotel in the downriver michigan area. I have woked at hotels for about 3 years, but have only been at this holidy inn for about 6 months.
so naturally, as an employee, I recieved a discounted rate for my stay when I visited Cleveland last weekend. I stayed 5/31/14 to 6/2/14. This was partially a stay to impress my girlfriend and to take her out to the great resturants down there. I had planned this trip for months. ( about 3) and as I am not rich, I dont plan on making alot of trips this year, this was about it, I wanted it to be great. I called to ask if upgrades might be available the day i arrive, I calld to see what ammenities they had, I called to see how far they were from certain places, I called ablout everything. I was prepared. Also, because I didnt have a vehicle I needed to be extra prepared. upon arrival I announced that I had just called (for the 100th time) the night prior to make sure that my upgrade was approved and the Front desk associate stated that I was not allowed to get an upgrade and that my reservation was not changed to a king suite, but instead it was changed to a 2 queen bedroom. ( how rommantic ) blah! I was so upset. i had been traveling for hours and I just wanted something to go right. The guy at he front desk proceeded to argue with me because I am an employee (was I not paying still??) (umm, yes, yes I was paying....) and therefore as an employee I should know that these things are not allowed and that we are to recieve "whatever is available. If anything is at all" .....!!!! you mean I travel down here for maybe nothing?? first of all, the guy didnt knw if I was a front desk agent who knew the ins and outs of the business or if I was just a bathroom or lobby attendant who just knows how to mop floors.... and he treated me like I was an idiot, and made me feel so stupid for not knowing the fine print that I was never told about. anyways, accepted the 2 queen room because I had no choice.
went to my room, and I was in tears. I wanted this to be a romantic, nice weekend in, at the very least, a room with only one bed... I was finding every littl thing wrong with the room, i mean, stupid things, like a wrinkle in the bed, a misquito flying around, anything. then, a knock on the door.... The OTHER front desk associate that was there listening in on the whole thing, was at my door. Her name I believe was sherry. I will be calling to find out exactly what her name was and talking to her manager about her. She was so nice!! she apologized for the rude man, who btw never apologized, sympothized with the situation and proceeded to tell me that she looked at my reservation which tells you how many times i called and it was accessed by other associates. she could see that I was telling the truth and that I had been planning it for a while. She then pulled new keys from her pocket like a majic trick! I was glowing! she upgraded us to a suite, (which btw, if you didnt catch it earlier, the rude guy told m they were out of....suprise!!) we went to our new room. It was GREAT! BTW, all there rooms have harwood floors, very very comfy beds and very clean ...EVERYTHING! the room was emaculate ! the hotel staff from then on were so helpful and kind and customer service oriented. Plus, they had a billiards room with pool and arcade, a huge breakfast area with great breakfast and they were always wiling to help! I want to recommend that everyone stay here. I have been to alot of hotels and I have never seen a hotel as clean, efficient and with great customer service as this one! 12 out of 10 stars! I will definatley be back! Thank you so much for making my year and giving me a bar for every hotel I ever stay at to have to rise up to ! And Sherry Should get a raise !! I mean, she should be a manager or something, she knew exactly what to say and when to say it, she was so polite and so sincere, so happy and very helpful. If not for her, even with the upgrade, I would not come back... she made it all work! thank you !

Casper, WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I can not say enough nice things about the hotel. Great staff, clean hotel, comfortable beds, very modern rooms, good breakfast, and perfect location. All of these attributes make this hotel the best in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
North Olmsted, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Compared to other downtown jacuzzi rooms, this one is moderately priced. As another reviewer said, we didn't have the greatest view from our room, but I didn't care. The room was clean and spacious, included a fridge and a microwave along with the jacuzzi, and the actual spa was very clean as well. (I always examine them before I get in--I've heard of hotels taking short cuts in that area!) Great proximity to downtown--we went to a show at the House of Blues, which is just a few steps away. Good customer service as well. I look forward to staying again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There was a time that a stay in downtown Cleveland was not something that I'd look forward to- times have changed. This is a really interesting facility in the middle of a beautifully restored Cleveland downtown area. The rooms are comfortable and interesting - hardwood flooring, high ceilings - you'd never believe you were in a Holiday Inn. The cost is a little steep but worth it when you consider the location and the charm of the hotel. Every one of the staff that I had contact with went out of their way to be welcoming and helpful. Front desk staff, executive lounge staff - all were really friendly and helpful. The hotel does not have a restaurant but they are located a few steps away from 4th Avenue - many choices of very excellent restaurants, including restaurants owen by Aaron Sanchez and Michael Simon of Food Network fame. I'm actually thinking about going back to spend a weekend in Cleveland -it's that good!

Room Tip: The parking lot for the hotel is around the corner on the opposite side of the street - it's ver...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice hotel. I read that this was not your usual Holiday Inn Express and was a little skeptical. then to our surprise it was different. I would not call it high end but it was very unique for this style of hotel. Our room was a corner room and had lots of space, As others have noted the high ceilings and classic wood floors give it a comfortable feel. As the title of mty review says we visited the rock n roll hall of fame and the hotel is located nearby if a 20 minute walk through a nice part of the city is not to much for you.
parking does cost a few bucks but you can exit and enter as many times as you would like.We never needed a car because there were lots of resturants and entertainment within a few minutes walk.
the front desk is a little diffferent as you walk down this long hall and then there they are.
They were very profesional and made check in pleasent.All in all we really enjoyed the fact that this is a step above most Holiday inn express as it has a personality

MamaSmitty
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were in Cleveland to eat at Lola and wanted a hotel that was within walking distance not only to the restaurant but other things to do. While this hotel is only considered a 2 1/2 on some travel sites, we think it is a hidden gem. From the moment we walked in we were greeting by friendly staff. Shelly at the front desk was fantastic! Our room was clean, with a comfortable bed and amazing view of Terminal Tower which was red, white & blue for the holiday weekend. The hardwood floors were not only unique but also took out the "ick" factor of hotel carpets! I also loved that they had both soft & firm pillows on the bed and Bath & Body bath products. Their breakfast - which is included in the price of the room- was delicious. They offered hot selections that were actually hot! - biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs & sausage, pancakes, as well as several "cold" items - toaster waffles, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cinnamon rolls - definitely something for any taste. We were on the 12th floor and had no problems with waiting on elevators. It is within walking distance of all the action on 4th Street as well as the Horseshoe Casino & Play House Square. Definitely money well spent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!