I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown for three nights while visiting the Cleveland area. It is a decent choice when staying downtown, with one concern.
VALUE: The price was reasonable, but I booked through Priceline. That said, the posted rates are comparable to similar properties.
LOCATION: The hotel is conveniently located near major downtown attractions, such as Progressive Field and the restaurants on East 4th St., as well as rapid transit. I walked to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
SLEEP QUALITY: Just fine! Downtown Cleveland is not especially bustling, so outside noise was not a factor.
ROOMS: The hotel is located in an old bank building, so you hardly feel like you're in a typical HI Express. My room had a loft-like quality to it with very high ceilings. It was a nice change of pace.
CLEANLINESS: I am loathe to mention this, but I found small roach-like insects in my room on the day of my departure. However, the room seemed like it was cleaned thoroughly, so the source of the problem wasn't obvious. I mentioned it to the hotel staff as I checked out and they seemed alarmed, but I don't know how they followed up.
SERVICE: Good overall. When Priceline booked me in a smoking room, they graciously switched me to a non-smoking one even though they had no obligation to do so (and to a suite, no less!). Breakfast was standard HI Express fare, but was fully stocked.
I would gladly give this place another dot, but I'm always going to prefer a bad hotel without an insect problem, than a good one that does. That said, I would not object to giving this place another shot in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio