When you walk in, it feels like you have entered the set of Ghostbusters or entered a time machine at least (in a good way). The elevators were my favorite part (until we got to room).The building is a converted bank building and it is really beautiful when you walk in. I could go on about the architecture; so let me just say take a virtual tour and check it out. The rooms were impeccably clean. The rooms were very modern, which is a nice contrast to the lobby and exterior. Great tv, comfortable bed. The hardwood floors and high ceilings were beautiful. The windows seemed original to the building which was very cool. The only thing was that the bathroom didn't match up to how nice the rest of the room was. The counter top was very nice, but the tile and shower just didn't match up. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it kind of took away from how great the rest of the room really is.
As for the negative experiences shared by other guests, we (thankfully) did not have any such misfortune. I can see where noise in the hall was a problem if anyone came to their room late. But, that really isn't something the staff can do a great deal about. We just turned on the AC unit just in case and it was perfect for sleeping.
We stayed here for a concert at the House of Blues. This hotel is an easy, short walk to the venue. The hotel is near the 4th St. area which is full of bars, places to eat, etc. So, there were lots of people walking around after the concert. We felt safe walking around later in the evening (around 11) and the short walk back to the hotel was a great plus. I really cannot recommend this hotel enough for a House of Blues concert.
The parking for the hotel is next door in a parking garage ($14.00/day). It is actually about a half block from the hotel, but you can pull up front and unload and then go to the garage (it is a very short walk). Next time we go to Cleveland, we will be staying here.
Also, check out the Christmas Story house which is about 3 miles away. (Read some reviews on it...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio