Cleveland's Holiday Inn Express Downtown is a terrific hotel in a terrific location. The hotel is unusual for a Holiday Inn Express, in that it is a historic bank building that has been handsomely remade. The lobby is like a massive bank-building corridor from another era, all pale marble - not your conventional hotel lobby. The elevators are small, befitting the historic structure. But while you are often aware that this is a historic office building, hotel comforts are not neglected. Our room was HUGE. It was ENORMOUS. Also, it was sparkling clean and the beds were very comfy, the bathroom was spacious, and the wireless was wicked fast. When we were coming in to our room after dinner, in the hall we heard the people next door to us partying very loudly. We could hear every scream and shout in the hall, but once we got inside our room and closed our door, it was absolutely silent. It was like no one was next door at all. (I gather the same is not true of the rooms that share a communicating door, but we did not have that issue.)
Also wonderful is that this hotel is right in the midst of Cleveland's hopping downtown - a two-minute walk to the Arcade, and very near Town City Center. If you are doing anything in downtown Cleveland - going to a concert or the casino, for instance - this is an excellent location.
Next, I want to emphasize how terrific the staff is - patiently and kindly explaining to us things like how to find the parking lot and how to get around town. When we had a minor problem with our room, the problem was rectified swiftly and to our satisfaction.
Finally, kudos to Intercontinental Hotel Group for making this great building into a hotel, rather than shoving it into a landfill and building a boring new structure. We love this hotel and are already planning our next Cleveland trip around a stay here.
In sum, the Holiday Inn Express Downtown is an unusual place to stay, but still convenient, comfortable and a great price. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio