There were some features of this hotel that we really liked. The architecture was fabulous and the rooms were spacious and quiet. We never heard the other guests.
The staff seemed bored, and spent a lot of time either on the phone or chatting with coworkers. No one explained the parking (which was more expensive than we were told it would be), we never found the breakfast buffet, nor were there any signs or hotel maps indicating where it would be. Thank goodness for Sammy's Grill on the main level, it was really good food and inexpensive considering the location, and Sammy was a wonderful character.
There were items we found sub-par. My daughters room had a broken lock which had obviously been tampered with, and there was only only one tiny garbage pail under the coffee area, none in the bathroom! In one of our rooms the sheets were cheap and scratchy, admittedly they were replaced quickly when requested. The extra blanket didn't fit the bed, way too small, which I thought was odd. The ice machines on at least 2 floors were broken, there may have been more, but we stopped looking once we found one that worked. The most disturbing aspect was that there was NO security for the guests. Anyone could walk in off the street and used the elevators to the guest room floors. Also be aware of the tax structure, you are being taxed by 3 different entities. Expect that over $30 per night per room should be added to your room budget.
On the plus side, it was easy to get in and out of the city from this location. We were within walking distance of good restaurants, some shopping and many of the tourist attractions. Cleveland has some very interesting spots to explore. With some reservations I would recommend this hotel for it's location, quiet environment and historical nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio