The hotel is still under some renovation (September 2011), but what has been done so far is very successful. We had a corner room with huge windows and lots of light. There is a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, and sink), a big jetted tub, separate shower, big flat screen tv.
To merely say it is big does not do it justice, and it is attractive as well with wonderful hardwood floors and a very comfortable king bed.
The hotel does not have the usual lobby (at least not yet) and when I entered I was not sure I was in the right place, as it is a big space with other things like signs for restaurants in the building. However, there is a mezzanine on the second level that has tables and chairs and even two pool tables. It is here that they serve breakfast - plain and cheese omelettes, biscuits, pastries, toast, bagels, English muffins, cereal, coffees and teas, and juice, along with USA Today.
The elevators are small and not yet renovated, so they are a little banged up. But they are adequate to the task. There are washers and driers on each floor. There was no ice machine on our floor although it was shown on the in-room map. I think it just has not arrived, and we only had to go one floor to get ice.
This is about 3 blocks from Public Square, and just down the street from the theater district.
It is a real find in a downtown location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio