“Good Stay - Great for games” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
ny, ny
“Good Stay - Great for games”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Good hotel. Old building, but clean big rooms. Walk to all stadiums, bars, restaurants, and museams - mass transit right outside.

Parking was fine in public garage around corner where hotel reserves spaces. Area gets desolate quick after the bars close and some interesting characters come out - but unless you plan on being walking around at 2 or 3am this wouldnt be an issue.

Compimentary breakfast was just fine, with plenty of seats and papers available in big room with windows overlooking the street. Free internet also big plus.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Sandusky, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

the hotel rooms were nice and spacious and it had a nice breakfast that was included. Everything other than that was horrible. i did not get into my room until 6pm. i arrived there at 4. the customer service was horrible. there credit card machine was down so they had to manually write all my info down. the next morning i received a call from the front desk informing me that they lost all my credit card info and needed me to bring my card back down. my room was supposed to be 109 plus tax. they ended up charging me over 200. i called they said they took care of it. when they actually double charged me again. the managers do not return phone calls and i'm still trying to get the extra $150 they charged my card 2 1/2 weeks later. i would never ever return.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express overnight on the 5th of April. We reserved the room on Hotwire for a VERY reasonable amount. We stayed in Cleveland because we went to the Charlie Sheen tour. We arrived in Cleveland about a half of an hour too late so we had to rush. Check in was quick and they called taxi for us while we dropped our belongings off at the room. The hotel is connected to the historic National City Bank so it has an old feel but no worries because it is up-to-date and I think they are in the process of renovating. We ended up in room 903. It was a corner room with 2 large windows. The floors were hardwood that appeared to be either new or resurfaced. It has been a while since my girlfriend didn't feel grossed out from walking on a hotels floor. There was also a separate area with a desk and nice sized closet. We didn't know this but there is also a couple of pool tables located on the way downstairs on the way down to the breakfast area. The complimentary breakfast was just OK but still pretty good. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a reasonable, clean, hotel that is in a good location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NW Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night after a Lake Erie Monsters game and had a horrible night.

The rooms were reasonably clean and the high ceilings are lovely but other than that this hotel was a huge let down and not worth $150 per night.

There was a party going on next door and even after multiple calls to security it did not quiet down. The partiers even rattled and banged on our door after one call to the front desk so we were actually scared to call again.

After a sleepless night I tried to address the issue with the front desk staff and was met with indifference, they were too disinterested to do anything. After pressing for information, I was given the manager's name and extension; however, trying to get in touch with her was a joke. I finally spoke with her only after sending an email to corporate. The manager listened to my complaint and promised to call back the next day, two weeks later, I'm still waiting.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone; downtown Cleveland has many more places from which to choose.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Cleveland for the past 2 years. We love the architecture, rooms are accommodating, staff is friendly. Location is downtown and walking distance to great eating spots.

Tip - ask for a King Size room on the top floor. Rooms are amazing.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late Oct. 2010. The in room coffee pot was dirty and we had to request blankets because there were no comforters on the beds. But the worst was being woken very early Sunday morning to the sound of a fire alarm and a man's voice repeating "Testing" over the speaker in the room! When we called the front desk, the operator told us it wasn't the hotel. When we checked out, we brought this up. No help (but the desk clerk did say it was the hotel's fire alarm test). Asked to speak with a manager, there wasn't one on duty. Called the manager and left a message, didn't receive a call back. Filled out an online survey. Got a call from the manager who said she would look into the matter and get back with us. Didn't hear back. Sent an email to customer care. Never heard back. Do not stay at this hotel if good customer service is important to you!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Ypsilanti, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

On my trip to Cleveland, I stayed at two hotels - Here and the Renaissance Hotel. The first night, I stayed at the renaissance because they offered a package with the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and it just looked nicer than all the other hotels. After checking in here, I wish I would've just sucked it up and stayed the extra night there, because $40 difference is not that much if I can stay in a place that's ten times better than here.

Ok, now I don't want you to think that I went into this expecting this to be an AMAZING hotel or something...I just thought it would be an average Holiday Inn Express experience. It was actually pretty weird...

The room that we got was weird...super huge and "spacious," but too much. I felt like the king sized bed was drowning in the open space of the room - toss a couple of couches in there!! Our windows looked directly into an office, which was sort of expected, but still awkward. And...there was a window in our shower that looked into the room? What? Very strange...However, the depth of the jacuzzi tub was nice. The other thing about the room was that the heater sounded like someone breaking down the door every half hour or so...SO loud!

Elevators were super scary! Very small, and we avoided the one in the middle left because of the terrifying sounds that were coming out of it - creaking, groaning, etc.

"Free internet" was pretty lame - couldn't hold a signal on my iPod touch at all, and the "business center" was an old computer in the breakfast area.

The service, however, was great! The woman at the front desk allowed us to check in SUPER early (11am/noon!), and helped us when we discovered that apparently no restaurants are open in Cleveland on Sunday (exaggeration, but still...) They were all generally helpful.

I don't know. If I were coming back to Cleveland, I would spend the extra $40 to stay somewhere else. I was disappointed in the room for how expensive it was. It's a $30 hotel room in downtown Cleveland, which means they can up the price to $140. Way overpriced for a dingy little place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!