“Boutiuque Hotel from a Chain! A hidden gem.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Boutiuque Hotel from a Chain! A hidden gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I was expecting a typical downtown chain hotel quality and service. Instead, I found this hotel to be more like a boutique hotel. Smallish in size, great decor, well appointed spacious room, great bed (Sleep Number) and top notch staff. Great location across from the Q Arena. The only down side is that street noise can be loud when arena events let out. The next time I go to Cleveland I'm staying here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Solon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay in the Radisson in downtown Cleveland and loved the convenience to wonderful restaurants on East 4th Street, entertainment at the Q and the amenities that were offered to me. The Hotel staff was courteous and extremely helpful in finding entertainment in downtown Cleveland. Their parking valet went out of his way to be helpful and the front desk staff was extremely professional. I look forward to the next opportunity to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I didn't have a chance to read the reviews of the Radisson until after rooms were booked. After reading the reviews, I was having second thoughts about the booking, but decided to give the place a try; the price was right and the location was great. The front desk person as friendly, answered our question with a smile and laugh. The rooms were nice, clean; while not the most updated, still nice. Breakfast was included in the small dining area (about nine tables), eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries, cereal; good start to the day. We did not use the valet service, but parked next door for a reasonable price. The Raddisson is only a block from the baseball park, across the street from the Cav's home. he Rock-n-Roll Hall is about a 20-30 minute walk (pass cool buildings)Several restuarnts within walking distance. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I'm originally from the Cleveland area, graduated from Cleveland State during the Sweet 16 era, currently living in Florida when my wife, whom I've met and married in Florida decided to come to my "home" for a week long visit. Thought it would be fun for us to stay downtown since she's never been here. You can't imagine how disappointed I am to be staying at the Radisson (I use this term loosely) and this being her first visit here. The room was filty, even the iron board cover. My wife brought this point up to the desk clerk about the cover, when she said "it might just be burnt". And that makes it so much better?!?!?! We even made a point to have the room cleaned, which after we had been traveling all day, to come back and find that it was left in the same shape as when we left, hence some clean towels and a new ironing board cover. I NEVER did meet ONE courteous desk clerk the entire stay. Even gave my wife a hard time about only allowing "one courtesy cup of coffee" instead of two. I do have to give props to the "Valet Parking" attendants. They were excellent and courteous, very quick to get the car for us. Outside of this, I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed here recently on a business trip and while I liked the convenient location, that was about the only positive! The room was outdated and not very clean. On top of that, the bed was a sleep number bed which was broken and couldnt change to any other setting which made for a pretty uncomfortable nights sleep.

The AC unit in the room was extremely loud and woke me up several times when it turned on overnight.

On top of everything else, after taking my shower and getting ready in the bathroom, a millipede scooted across the floor which I then had to kill and dispose of. I couldnt get out of that room fast enough!

I will not be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We spent 2 lovely nights at this Radisson. We got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame package and were pleased with it, but found the following night a bit pricy for the location. It WAS a Cavs home game, though, and the arena is right across the street. The Indians stadium is another block past that.

The room was quite large, though, and the sleep number beds very comfortable. The bathroom had been recently redone and was spotless. Our only complaint was that the shower curtain didn't quite reach the tub edge, but we worked with it. The fridge and microwave were a nice touch, and we liked the desk and side chairs as well.

The wireless was excellent, and the valet had our car waiting the morning that we left, before I even asked for it. The continental breakfast is very good, and you can order a freshly cooked breakfast delivered to you in the Library/breakfast room. It's a little loud in there in the morning, though, so if you prefer quiet, you might want to go the room service route.

You are 3 blocks from the Tower Center and all that it offers, including a great Cleveland Visitors Center. All the transit is based there too, so you can get anywhere that you want to go in the city or to or from the airport. The trendy restaurants of 4th Street are 2 blocks away.

I would definitely stay at the Radisson again, if it was in the budget for my trip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Youngstown, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

My purpose for staying at this hotel was it's location - a stone's throw from Quicken Loans Arena where I was heading for a concert plus it's close proximity to bars and restaurants.
The clerks at the front desk were very nice.
My room was as clean as I'd expect it to be and so was the bathroom.
I agree that the bathrooms are on the small side and was glad I was traveling alone. I did like the brightness of the bathroom and appreciated the lighted makeup mirror.

The room I was in [second floor facing Huron Ave] was noisy. I could hear music and traffic on the street below and I could also hear the people in the next room flushing the toilet and turning on the shower. It wasn't a problem though because I was awake at the time.

I definitely didn't care for the sleep number beds.
No microfridge in the room but they did provide a 'one cup' coffeemaker and bottled water.

Because of the other complaints about the valet service, I opted to park in the garage across the street which was not a good move. I arrived at 3:30PM and they had already started charging the "Event Rate" of $15. I was told I'd probably be charged more on the way out if I was spending the night. The only way they'd let me leave was to make the 6 cars behind me back up which was a bit risky with the amount of traffic. I told the attendant to forget it and paid the money. I was charged another $6 the next morning.
It obviously depends on the day of the week but the people I saw using the valet service had no problems whatsover and their wait times were quit short.

Because of the convenient location I'd definitely stay at this hotel again but only at a decent rate.

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!