“Stay here if you get a deal” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Madison
“Stay here if you get a deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We spent 2 lovely nights at this Radisson. We got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame package and were pleased with it, but found the following night a bit pricy for the location. It WAS a Cavs home game, though, and the arena is right across the street. The Indians stadium is another block past that.

The room was quite large, though, and the sleep number beds very comfortable. The bathroom had been recently redone and was spotless. Our only complaint was that the shower curtain didn't quite reach the tub edge, but we worked with it. The fridge and microwave were a nice touch, and we liked the desk and side chairs as well.

The wireless was excellent, and the valet had our car waiting the morning that we left, before I even asked for it. The continental breakfast is very good, and you can order a freshly cooked breakfast delivered to you in the Library/breakfast room. It's a little loud in there in the morning, though, so if you prefer quiet, you might want to go the room service route.

You are 3 blocks from the Tower Center and all that it offers, including a great Cleveland Visitors Center. All the transit is based there too, so you can get anywhere that you want to go in the city or to or from the airport. The trendy restaurants of 4th Street are 2 blocks away.

I would definitely stay at the Radisson again, if it was in the budget for my trip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Youngstown, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

My purpose for staying at this hotel was it's location - a stone's throw from Quicken Loans Arena where I was heading for a concert plus it's close proximity to bars and restaurants.
The clerks at the front desk were very nice.
My room was as clean as I'd expect it to be and so was the bathroom.
I agree that the bathrooms are on the small side and was glad I was traveling alone. I did like the brightness of the bathroom and appreciated the lighted makeup mirror.

The room I was in [second floor facing Huron Ave] was noisy. I could hear music and traffic on the street below and I could also hear the people in the next room flushing the toilet and turning on the shower. It wasn't a problem though because I was awake at the time.

I definitely didn't care for the sleep number beds.
No microfridge in the room but they did provide a 'one cup' coffeemaker and bottled water.

Because of the other complaints about the valet service, I opted to park in the garage across the street which was not a good move. I arrived at 3:30PM and they had already started charging the "Event Rate" of $15. I was told I'd probably be charged more on the way out if I was spending the night. The only way they'd let me leave was to make the 6 cars behind me back up which was a bit risky with the amount of traffic. I told the attendant to forget it and paid the money. I was charged another $6 the next morning.
It obviously depends on the day of the week but the people I saw using the valet service had no problems whatsover and their wait times were quit short.

Because of the convenient location I'd definitely stay at this hotel again but only at a decent rate.

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Checking in, I somehow had two reservations booked under my name through Expedia. The night clerk kept saying "To be honest" with me when telling me the problem. She wasn't happy about it. I finally said "You're saying how honest you are so much it sounds like your lieing." And of course front desk clerks lie all the time, saying they are sold out of the room you want when they aren't. It's part of the job and we all know that. Yes, the only room we have left smells like cigarrette smoke and ketchup. So she had me call Expedia. I did. Expedia called the clerk. They said it was all taken care of. After that she was very nice. But before that call, she was really quite pissed at me.

We wound up with two free breakfasts. But really, it was a Hampton Inn level breakfast, and I was surprised that anyone would pay for it.

Really though, this was Expedia's fault.

The next morning, I realized that one of our two room keys that didn't work. I brought it back to the front desk and told the deskclerk (different person). It was recharged. I went upstairs. It didn't work. I came back down. They replaced the key. I asked for late checkout (1 PM instead of 11 AM). He said "Absolutely not." You would think that after several errors on his part, he would have been slightly more accomodating.

One bad clerk experience--chalk it up to a bad hire or a bad day. Two bad clerk experiences--there's a problem.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I was finally able to take my 11 yr old nephew on a road trip. He had previously stayed at the Radisson Gateway with his parents. He loves the sleep number beds. Me, not so much but it's just a personal preference. We did not use the available valet parking and in hindsight probably should have. But it was an adventure every evening finding the cheapest parking lot in the vicinity. There was some savings by parking the car myself though. The hotel staff was very helpful and able to get us directions when asked. We took advantage of the daily breakfast buffet which was very good and well worth the cost. The rooms were a little smaller than I expected. However, we were there to sightsee, not spend our time in the hotel. The cleaning staff was good and thorough. The last night of our stay was set aside to enjoy room service. My nephew had never experienced having dinner delivered to a hotel room before. It was one of his favorite parts of the trip. Easy ordering and quick delivery of a delicious meal. Would have liked more variety on the menu though. The onion rings were awesome! Overall, we had a fabulous stay and would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Reno, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

I am quite familiar with Cleveland and came back to visit friends this past July. I had my rental in valet and stayed for a weekend. I did use my debit card and was fully aware of all that went with it. They put a hold on the card upfront. The valet gives you a card stating that due to recent thefts in parking lots, items in plain view are discouraged, Noting that, I took everything with me EXCEPT for the CDs in the stereo and two CDs left under the visor; I forgot them. When it came to check out, I asked if my room service would also be charged to my debit card and would it be in addition to the hold placed on my card. The staff treated me like I was the dumbest thing on the planet - I needed to know so that I can keep track of my money. I finally left in frustration because I couldn't get a straight answer. Halfway down 71S towards Columbus, I flipped the visor and found out that my CDs were gone! They were not in plain view and they were Enya & Meatloaf CDs - what typical person would want those ???? The ones in the stereo were not taken ... when I explained this to to Management, they blew it off, saying that their valet staff denied doing it. I was so angry that they finally said that they would refund my room service charges and lift the hold on my card the next business day. They criticized me for using my debit card if I was to complain about the holds. I wasn't complaining about the holds - I only wanted to know the amounts so that I can spend accordingly. I also know how it works because I generally stay in Lakewood, OH when I come back - and I never had a problem with the Days Inn in Lakewood.

The only nice thing I have to say is that the bed was a king size and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Schererville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Spent a weekend in Cleveland with some friends. Friends are from eastern PA we're from IL so it was just kind of a meeting point. Cleveland itself has a whole lot of nothing going on downtown except panhandlers. Really lots of closed businesses and panhandlers. There are signs all over in the area around the hotel where the restaurants & things are that say "it's okay" not to give these people money and how they're not homeless. Super cool! (joking)
This hotel has potential. Location wise it's probably very convenient if you're there for baseball or basketball. Pretty much walking distance to Hard Rock & Tower City. We did the walk to the Rock & Roll HOF. Far, but doable. The staff was very friendly. But the rooms were just not up to par.
So it is nice to have a mini fridge. I'm not a fan of sleep number beds, but if you like them then you could like the beds at this place. It was nice to have real opening windows. I personally didn't notice a lot of noise.
Problem is this place is just dirty. Gross really. Hair all over in our bathroom. Duvet/comforter thing on one bed had really gross stains. Our curtains were gross. Shower curtain had something growing on it. Coffee pot was disgusting. Walls had stuff on them especially by the light switch. I'd say a recent guest in our room had pizza in the room. I'll attach photos to this review (hair was hard to photograph well). This place just needs some real housekeeping.
Also the restaurant was closed both nights for dinner. They did have free cold cut sandwiches for those that wanted food. Odd.
My only word to the wise would be to be careful parking. This place has no self-parking and I'm not a big valet fan (especially at places like this that warn it could take a while to get your car). We parked in the surface lot on the same side of the street the first night. Pulled in, guy told us how much, we paid. Next day we get to our car and it has a note telling us that if we don't remove our car by 2pm we owe them $28 more?! Of course it's now after 2pm because, well why not? We weren't really planning on driving anywhere earlier. Except the guy didn't tell us that the night before and it's kind of hard to know you need to move your car when you're not in it! I mean who checks for notes that are telling you to move? Guy told us we were fine to leave our car there until the next day. Had he told us to be gone by 2 we would have. After arguing we gave him the cash we were willing to give and they finally let us leave. Total tourist trap. Period.
On the other hand the garage directly next door to the hotel (between the hotel and the crazy lot) charged our friends once when they parked, for 2 nights. We parked there the 2nd night and had to pay the one night charge and were free to leave without paying again.
Not somewhere I'd stay again unless I knew they'd started to actually clean the place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Hotel staff was friendly and this place is close to all the sports location. If you go to Fourth St. as stated you can find plenty of food. I did not care for he sleep number bed, plus the hotel was loud. People slamming doors. The toilets are the power flush type and we heard them most of the night. Walls appear to be thin. Room was Ok however their was a small amount of hair in the tub
Hotel was just ok I got a great price so I id not mind it as much. I will check other hotels if I return, but if the price is great I would not rule this one out.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!