Spent a weekend in Cleveland with some friends. Friends are from eastern PA we're from IL so it was just kind of a meeting point. Cleveland itself has a whole lot of nothing going on downtown except panhandlers. Really lots of closed businesses and panhandlers. There are signs all over in the area around the hotel where the restaurants & things are that say "it's okay" not to give these people money and how they're not homeless. Super cool! (joking)
This hotel has potential. Location wise it's probably very convenient if you're there for baseball or basketball. Pretty much walking distance to Hard Rock & Tower City. We did the walk to the Rock & Roll HOF. Far, but doable. The staff was very friendly. But the rooms were just not up to par.
So it is nice to have a mini fridge. I'm not a fan of sleep number beds, but if you like them then you could like the beds at this place. It was nice to have real opening windows. I personally didn't notice a lot of noise.
Problem is this place is just dirty. Gross really. Hair all over in our bathroom. Duvet/comforter thing on one bed had really gross stains. Our curtains were gross. Shower curtain had something growing on it. Coffee pot was disgusting. Walls had stuff on them especially by the light switch. I'd say a recent guest in our room had pizza in the room. I'll attach photos to this review (hair was hard to photograph well). This place just needs some real housekeeping.
Also the restaurant was closed both nights for dinner. They did have free cold cut sandwiches for those that wanted food. Odd.
My only word to the wise would be to be careful parking. This place has no self-parking and I'm not a big valet fan (especially at places like this that warn it could take a while to get your car). We parked in the surface lot on the same side of the street the first night. Pulled in, guy told us how much, we paid. Next day we get to our car and it has a note telling us that if we don't remove our car by 2pm we owe them $28 more?! Of course it's now after 2pm because, well why not? We weren't really planning on driving anywhere earlier. Except the guy didn't tell us that the night before and it's kind of hard to know you need to move your car when you're not in it! I mean who checks for notes that are telling you to move? Guy told us we were fine to leave our car there until the next day. Had he told us to be gone by 2 we would have. After arguing we gave him the cash we were willing to give and they finally let us leave. Total tourist trap. Period.
On the other hand the garage directly next door to the hotel (between the hotel and the crazy lot) charged our friends once when they parked, for 2 nights. We parked there the 2nd night and had to pay the one night charge and were free to leave without paying again.
Not somewhere I'd stay again unless I knew they'd started to actually clean the place.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel Cleveland Gateway
- Radisson Hotel Gateway
- Radisson Cleveland
- Cleveland Radisson
- Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Plaza Hotel Cleveland – Gateway, a newly renovated boutique style hotel, is located in the heart of the Gateway District, a step away from Q-Arena and Progressive Field. Take in some of Cleveland’s finest dining, entertainment and shopping in the new “hip” East 4th Street district… all just a short walk from our door. You’ll love our “Yes, I Can” hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.