“Great Location; Run Down Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
East Coast
“Great Location; Run Down Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I had high expectations based on seeing a bunch of 4 or 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor prior to my stay. I was disappointed. The location is great (for an event at Jacobs Field or Gund Arena), but the hotel was quite run down. Here is what I thought:

Location: Wonderful location. It is great for a baseball game at Jacobs Field or a basketball/concert at the Gund Arena (2 minute walk). It is about 15 blocks (15 minute walk) to the Warehouse District (great restaurants/bars) and about 5-10 blocks (10 minute walk) from the Financial/Shopping District at Public Square (Terminal Tower/Key Building). It is a 30+ minute walk to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and the Football stadium.

Rooms: The rooms were unimpressive. The bathrooms were somewhat dirty and surprisingly small. Really old TVs. Very thin walls (doors were slamming all night long). Everything seemed very cheap (like a Best Western). Not that there is anything so bad with a Best Western, but the Radisson tends to charge a significant premium over a Best Western. One really good thing - they have Sleep Number mattresses (adjusting firmness of beds). But, the bedding seemed slightly low quality.

Facilities: The lobby was nice. I went to the gym. There were three machines: the 1 treadmill was broken and the 1 stairmachine would not turn on. Oh well - I went running outside, but if you are looking for a gym, don't look here. There is free wireless internet and a the use of the one internet terminal in the lobby is free. There is a small restaurant in the lobby. Parking is $18/day (valet only).

Service: They answered your questions, but in no way wanted to go out of their way to help you. At check-in I asked about the room type I reserved (a slightly more expensive, bigger room), and was told that only the cheaper room type was available and "If I wanted a room" I had better take it. No one forced me to take the different room, but it was clear that the hotel had no intention of going out of its way to rectify the problem. I took the smaller room and did not say anything. Again, they were not in any way rude, but they generally did not care that much.

Overall: A very average hotel. It is not awful, but certainly not equivalent to the Key Marriott that I stayed at the last time I visited downtown Cleveland. It is probably a 2 1/2 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kutztown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

Stayed here with my 8-year old son during a road trip to see the Indians play. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, room was large and clean and we had a great view of the downtown fireworks. Short walk to Jacobs Field. Rate was $119 which included valet parking. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed July 2005
Hazard, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

Great hotel. The staff are excellent, they go out of their way to help you. The location was excellent, my husband and I went to Cleveland to catch a Cavs game and all we had to do is walk across the road. Since the traffing getting out of the game is awful this is an extra plus, you only have to walk across the street. The valet parking attendants are also exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2005
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

I've been pretty disappointed with the Radissons I've visited during the past year or so. I was expecting more of the "so-so-ness" this time around, but this Radisson was a VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE!

Parking attendant was very prompt and very helpful with information about area parking. Not a hard-sell at all. He simply explained the rates for several garages in the area and the Radisson rates. $18 a night at the hotel provides valet parking with unlimited in-and-out, so when compared with the garages in the area, it's worth it.

Check-in was painless & quick. No complaints. Had to do a late checkout - no problems. Even after I checked out they invited me to use the lobby area for my business for as long as needed.

The room was immaculate, and the bed was teriffic. I'm told ALL the rooms at this Radisson have Select Comfort ("Sleep Number") beds. I have back problems and purchased one of these beds for my home some time ago. Hotel beds are usually a painful part of my travels, so this was another nice surprise.

High speed is included in all rooms and in the lobby area and it worked flawlessly - no complicated setup process, no calls to tech support - it just worked!

Room service - Good food, quick service, and reasonably priced (for room service!).

There were only 2 areas that I found lacking:
1) No Bible in the room. (I'd forgotten to pack mine - shame on me!)
2) Water pressure in the shower was a little weak (I grade really hard on true water pressure - even a marginal hotel gets bonus points if it has killer water pressure!)

(There's no pool, but that's not an issue for me)

Overall, a great hotel that definitely gets a spot on my HIGHLY RECOMMENDED list.