“"Are they serious?"” 1 of 5 stars

Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“"Are they serious?"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Where do I begin? Walked into the building and saw that the lobby was nice. Front desk mentioned that I was upgraded to "business class." Excited to see what the upgrade was, we entered the elevator and headed up to our room. Once the elevator started going up at a snails pace, I realized that our experience with this hotel was about to go south. Upon entering the room, we noticed how small and run down it looked. I looked over and said to my wife, "if this is an upgrade, I'd hate to see what the other rooms looked like." I sat on the bed and noticed a red stain, which could have been blood next too a hole in the sheets. Their was an old small armoire that was falling apart and was supposed to be the closet space cause their were no closets in the room. Bathroom was old looking and no water pressure coming out of the shower head. It was one bad thing after another. I paid almost $200 a night and felt ripped off at the end of it all. Valet parking is $22.00 a night and breakfast not included. This is my first review of a hotel and I've stood at many. I was compelled to want to let people know what they were getting themselves into. Pictures on their website are very deceiving. If it wasn't for the location to the ballpark, this hotel is somewhere u should stay away from. Pay a little more and check other hotels in the area. I wish I would've known better. I guess the manager of this hotel is going to follow up with this review and mention how sorry they feel that I had a bad experience and that they're doing everything possible to make things better for their guests. They might even ask me to give them another try. Please don't believe any if it cause they know the dump that this place is. I don't understand who's writing anything even halfway positive about this hotel. I don't know if I'll ever go back to Cleveland but if I do go back, I'll never stay here. Radisson....you should be ashamed!!"

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the bed, bathroom and lack of water pressure. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Burlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed night of July 4, 2014 and found it up to the Radisson standard generally, with a couple of bobbles I'd call "flukes", like a toilet that wouldn't stop running no matter what and one bed that was wonky on its base such that it tipped my son onto the floor when he climbed into it near midnight.

He slept to one side against the wall when we were only able to partially rebalance it. Not worth calling the desk at that hour!

Front staff were professional, pleasant and welcoming. The hotel was fully booked, so no price deals to be had, being it was INDEPENDENCE WEEKEND and the start of a two-game baseball series with the Indians meeting KC. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning included, so while the tab for the room overnight was knocking on the door of $200 after taxes and not including valet parking, the overall package was made acceptable by the proximity to the stadium across the street and the City Tap restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
scott s, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We are so very glad you enjoyed your visit. We always appreciate the feedback from our guests. Thank you again for staying with us.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had a 3 day training session with my employer and could walk to the training in about 7 minutes. Also great central location downtown - close to lots of restaurants and shopping although unfortunately had no time for shopping. The room was clean and the bed fantastic. Very quiet - I was on the 5th floor. The shower head was great - the bathroom fan was there but did not work and there was no switch for it...or at least I couldn't find the switch. Great A/C and quiet. I didn't have time to watch TV. I had breakfast room service twice and both times it was absolutely excellent. Hot food, delicious and right at the right time I requested. The WiFi was a bit confusing but the book in the room told the password so it was all good and very solid connection. I had no problems with it at all. Overall the stay was quick and I was working all day but it was a very comfortable room to come back to and met my needs perfectly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your very positive feedback The team will really appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Some family members and I were in Cleveland to visit a loved one in the hospital and we stayed at the Raddison because of it's proximity to the hospital. It's in a decent location near lots of restaurants and bars, but there were too many annoying issues for me to give this place a positive review. First off the shower head in our room was broken. It sprayed water all over the bathroom and the main flow of water sprayed right into the wall. We mentioned it to the front rest the next morning, but when we got back later that evening, it was not fixed, and remained broken for the remainder of our stay.

The second issue; on one of our days we came back in the evening after being out all day and there had been no maid service to our room. No new towels, no new soaps, and the beds weren't made. However there was a housekeeping cart left sitting on the hallway over night and was still there the next morning at 10 am.

Basically what I'm getting at is that there is not adult in charge here. If you just need a place for one night for a concert or a ball game, you might be okay, but if you need a relaxing place to rest at the end of a long stressful day of work, or in our case, a hospital visits, you'd be best going any where else.

Stayed June 2014
Please accept our apologies for what was obviously not the excellent experience we strive to deliver to our guests. No excuse for it however we do appreciate the honest feedback. it really helps us to improve our services.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Cleveland - Gateway for one night in June on a work trip. The hotel is within a very short walk of Progressive Field and Quicken Loans Arena, as well as a number of restaurants and bars. The rooms are nice - if memory serves, Radisson lists it as a three-star hotel, but it feels a bit nicer than that, even. My only complaints were about the sleep-number bed which didn't seem to work very well (apparently I wasn't the only one having this issue from reading other reviews) and a particularly annoying sound which reminded of a giant air conditioner turning on and off somewhere in the hotel, which made going to sleep rather difficult (the latter was a much, much bigger issue than the former). Additionally, though I'm a Gold level member, no welcome bonus was offered to me and in order for me to get the 35% points bonus, I had to bring it up with the front desk staff. However, the general manager of the hotel, Scott, more than made up for the problems by issuing me with 34,000 points (enough for a free night at this hotel). That's a good way to treat an unhappy customer and a good way to ensure that I'll stay at this hotel again when business takes me to Cleveland next time!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending with/around "-15". I stayed in 215.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. Regarding the "sleep number beds" we have had numerous problems with them and they are being replaced. The entire hotel will have all new beds by July 9 ( only 2 floors left as of today!). Hope to see you come back again soon! Take care!
ramonathebona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stay was disappointing at best. First, after several days I gave up on connecting to the internet so if you are here on business, you better have your own connection. I had many attempts and there were even several networks, none of which worked. When trying to call the front desk the morning we were going to check out… as one last attempt… they did not answer.
Hotel website claims that you get complementary pass to the local gym, not true. The pass costs money and the women at desk was unapologetic claiming that the website needs updating and that the gym that used to be complementary is now closed.
Another problem was with the bathroom. The tub would not drain and you end up standing in 2 inches of water. My husband tried to fix it but it still would not drain, that is gross.
The restaurant was expensive but when you wake in the AM and you want bfast it really is your only option. When you book thru expedia or bookit or whatever, you do not get a coupon and you have to pay for the food. Husband had the breakfast buffet which was pretty good but 12 bucks. I ordered English muffin which came frozen in the middle and warm on the outside. I had to explain to the young girl how to serve it and after a few failed attempts; I had to go toast it myself. I had asked the waitress about the wireless and she claimed that it doesn’t really work and you have to try a bunch of them but mostly, they don’t work and again, unapologetic.
You should also know that its $22 a day for valet… if I could do it again, I would have parked around the block which I think was at least ½ the cost.
Lastly, watch your step. The hotel elevator was oiled one evening and caused me to slip in walking in to the elevator, wrenching my back to catch my fall.
The only positive things were the location, bed and TV, also… room was quiet . The hotel is close to a lot of the action, short walks to restaurants and even to the waterfront.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do take the opinions of our guests very seriously and use the feedback in our efforts to improve. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a comfortable stay at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast buffet was not extravagant but it was quite adequate, offering scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, etc. Staff members were friendly and helpful, and we were able to check out late so that we could visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before packing our luggage back into the car. Cleveland was easy to drive when we were there on the weekend, but we did take a cab or two to avoid parking issues, and the cab drivers were helpful and friendly too! Cleveland Rocks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We truly appreciate your kind words about the hotel, staff and the city in general. Thank you for writing us.

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!