“Great location, nice rooms, great customer service makes up for some inconveniences” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway

Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Cleveland - Gateway for one night in June on a work trip. The hotel is within a very short walk of Progressive Field and Quicken Loans Arena, as well as a number of restaurants and bars. The rooms are nice - if memory serves, Radisson lists it as a three-star hotel, but it feels a bit nicer than that, even. My only complaints were about the sleep-number bed which didn't seem to work very well (apparently I wasn't the only one having this issue from reading other reviews) and a particularly annoying sound which reminded of a giant air conditioner turning on and off somewhere in the hotel, which made going to sleep rather difficult (the latter was a much, much bigger issue than the former). Additionally, though I'm a Gold level member, no welcome bonus was offered to me and in order for me to get the 35% points bonus, I had to bring it up with the front desk staff. However, the general manager of the hotel, Scott, more than made up for the problems by issuing me with 34,000 points (enough for a free night at this hotel). That's a good way to treat an unhappy customer and a good way to ensure that I'll stay at this hotel again when business takes me to Cleveland next time!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending with/around "-15". I stayed in 215.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Regarding the "sleep number beds" we have had numerous problems with them and they are being replaced. The entire hotel will have all new beds by July 9 ( only 2 floors left as of today!). Hope to see you come back again soon! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
ramonathebona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stay was disappointing at best. First, after several days I gave up on connecting to the internet so if you are here on business, you better have your own connection. I had many attempts and there were even several networks, none of which worked. When trying to call the front desk the morning we were going to check out… as one last attempt… they did not answer.
Hotel website claims that you get complementary pass to the local gym, not true. The pass costs money and the women at desk was unapologetic claiming that the website needs updating and that the gym that used to be complementary is now closed.
Another problem was with the bathroom. The tub would not drain and you end up standing in 2 inches of water. My husband tried to fix it but it still would not drain, that is gross.
The restaurant was expensive but when you wake in the AM and you want bfast it really is your only option. When you book thru expedia or bookit or whatever, you do not get a coupon and you have to pay for the food. Husband had the breakfast buffet which was pretty good but 12 bucks. I ordered English muffin which came frozen in the middle and warm on the outside. I had to explain to the young girl how to serve it and after a few failed attempts; I had to go toast it myself. I had asked the waitress about the wireless and she claimed that it doesn’t really work and you have to try a bunch of them but mostly, they don’t work and again, unapologetic.
You should also know that its $22 a day for valet… if I could do it again, I would have parked around the block which I think was at least ½ the cost.
Lastly, watch your step. The hotel elevator was oiled one evening and caused me to slip in walking in to the elevator, wrenching my back to catch my fall.
The only positive things were the location, bed and TV, also… room was quiet . The hotel is close to a lot of the action, short walks to restaurants and even to the waterfront.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do take the opinions of our guests very seriously and use the feedback in our efforts to improve. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a comfortable stay at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast buffet was not extravagant but it was quite adequate, offering scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, etc. Staff members were friendly and helpful, and we were able to check out late so that we could visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before packing our luggage back into the car. Cleveland was easy to drive when we were there on the weekend, but we did take a cab or two to avoid parking issues, and the cab drivers were helpful and friendly too! Cleveland Rocks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We truly appreciate your kind words about the hotel, staff and the city in general. Thank you for writing us.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here for a night to attend Indians games. Only a block away from the stadium which was convinient. Only have valet parking - we parked in the parking garage next door which was cheaper. Basic room - clean, nice - a little overpriced considering the night before we'd stayed 100 yards from PNC Park in Pittsburgh in a suite for less cost. Friendly front desk staff. We got a discount coupon for the hotel bar where we ate a great dinner that evening. Sleep number beds - nice and comfy! Also close to downtown and Tower City.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing us. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. Thank you for staying with us!
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at hotel for a visit to Cleveland for a conference at convention centre. The hotel is in Downtown so very convenient to good restaurants in town. It is nice walk to the convention centre. There are much closer hotels but I like the walk to and from. Opposite sports arena so I couldn't get dropped off at door on my check in as roads closed. Free breakfast and wifi. Clean and tidy. Service average. I asked reception staff to book a car for airport pick-up the day before. When I went down, time came no car. Asked reception staff who rang car and they had no booking. Lucky driver around the corner. But the man who checked me out and solved the car problem was great, he did my on- line check in including helping me pay for baggage. He made my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully your travels will bring you back our way again soon.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Hotel after a concert at house of blues. It was very short walk by the way. Very reasonably priced for what they had to offer. They have sleep number beds in the room which was a little heaven. The room was very up to date. The only downfall was there was no fridge in the room. On sight restaurant was delish also!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for referring to us as a "clean hotel", our housekeeping team is a great, hardworking group and I know they will appreciate your kind words!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

A hotel in downtown Cleveland, truly strategic for visiting the city.
We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, room service, and the warmth of the bar staff!
Well done keep it up!
Hotel recommended for those who want to explore on foot throughout the city, near the sports stadiums of basebal and football, close to the city center and a short walk from the Hard Rock Museum!
very high quality of the food! ate a salad Casar outstanding!

Room Tip: it is better to ask for a room not facing the street, the noise of the car feel even with the window...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
scott s, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. Your kind words about the staff are truly appreciated. We hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!