“Nice hotel overall-good, central location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Evergreen, Colorado
“Nice hotel overall-good, central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spent several days here while on business in Cleveland and the Columbus areas. I was in and out quite a bit, and I utilized room service and their valet a lot as well. My company was able to secure a good price for this hotel and I was pleased overall with the quality of the hotel and the service. I did have a few issues with the room service food, but the item was removed from my bill when I discussed things with the desk. Crunchy eggs aren't good! I was glad that they had the room service option, however, as the weather was terrible and I didn't feel like venturing out into the city to eat.
Valet is convenient (around $22 per day) when you don't want to hassle with parking downtown.
I had problems with young students yelling and running up and down the hallways on my final night there. I called down to the front desk three times. By the third time, I asked them to just move me if the noise didn't stop (I had a 5am flight to catch the next morning and needed to get to sleep). They did get the group to disperse- impressive- and I really appreciated it. This was by 10pm. I've dealt with hotels that would say they were doing something about noise problems and never even attempted to...so I appreciated this.
I'll be back in Cleveland soon for business again and I'll stay here. I'd recommend this hotel to colleagues and friends.
The sleep-number bed was fairly comfortable, the pillows could be a bit softer, but they worked, the TV channels were great, the shower was nice and hot, and all was clean and updated.
I had a pretty view out of my window of the capitol lit up in red, white and blue at night. All was quiet other than the kids on my final evening.
I appreciated the automatic updated bill under my door in the morning as well to save me time.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my view of the capitol building in the evening.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was our third time here. The hotel is pretty clean and rooms are on the small side, but decent. Our biggest complaint is that each time we booked and confirmed a king bed, and each time we have been given 2 double beds. We have booked twice directly with the hotel, and once with a third party company. Despite our king bed confirmation, the front desk always says "sorry, none available" and they never offer a compensation or explanation for the screw up. We have recommended this hotel to others in the past due to great price and location, but my husband and I have decided to spend the extra $40 and stay at the Hyatt one block away the next time we stay downtown.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Really nice stay, got a better deal because it was a little off the main drag of downtown Cleveland. Despite the location it was still easy to walk everywhere. The only reason why I gave the overall stay less stars was because the slip for breakfast room service wasn't taken and as a result I had to call down and ask. The hotel was also under construction at the time and I wasn't able to have breakfast or dinner in the hotel as planned. Once the construction is done however it looks like it'll be a nice place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I surprised my 16 yr old with an overnight trip to see an NBA game in Cleveland for his Christmas present.
I was going all out and got seats in the second row off the court.
I secured a room at the Radisson Gateway a couple months in advance and just hoped that it would live up to what I hoped.
It more than did.
The package came with valet parking and breakfast in the morning. I thought the price was reasonable, so booked it.
I personally called to book the room letting the gal know this was a special weekend trip. She didn’t disappoint.
When we arrived the valet and desk clerk were very friendly and courteous.
We had a huge room that overlooked the street, the arena and the baseball park.
30 feet down the street was a nice sports bar with good food and across the street the entrance to the Quicken Loans Arena.
I never used the car again until we left the next morning.
Breakfast the next morning was hot and very good
We could not have had a better time and even though there was some internal re-construction going on, it was no bother.
I thought the hotel was great!
I will stay there again hopefully this summer to see an MLB game

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Some building/refurbishment work was underway at the time of my stay... the restaurant was being rebuilt. Also the lobby is looking a bit tired and in need of a makeover. But the staff were polite and helpful and we weren't troubled by the disturbance. This is a good business-style hotel with all the usual comforts. My room overlooked the impressive baseball stadium. Breakfast is really excellent with a mexican twist. And our hispanic waitress was lovely. Recommended.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

For the price this hotel offers an outstanding experience. We were pleased with all aspects of our stay. Especially noteworthy were the valets, all of whom worked hard, were friendly, and were unaffected by the bitter cold weather outside. Rooms were very comfortable and clean, breakfast was an exceptionally good buffet, and the hotel's location was close to downtown offices and shopping.

Room Tip: Seventh floor, front of the hotel is the place to be.
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Don't let my rating fool you. There really isn't anything wrong with this hotel. It is just plain to me. Living in and out of hotels I can easily compare brands. This Radisson is in a perfect location, right next to "The Q" and anything you need downtown. Staff was very nice and the property seemed pretty much up to date. But the rooms are lacking in some amenities that should be standard in my opinion. I love rooms with a micro-fridge and microwave. Unfortunately this property has neither (I think you can request a small fridge. Not sure). The doors slam very loud to. We all know that most people in hotels don't consider other guests and always slam their doors. So this can get old real quick. These rooms also have a "sleep number" bed. I didn't have any issues with it. But not sure if they really make a difference in a hotel, unless you already own one and know what your sleep number is. I would guess you would have to stay a while to get used to it to figure out what your true number would be. Anyway, ny no means is this a bad hotel. I just think they need to upgrade on some things.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!