“4 out of 5 stars” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Cleveland
“4 out of 5 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Really nice stay, got a better deal because it was a little off the main drag of downtown Cleveland. Despite the location it was still easy to walk everywhere. The only reason why I gave the overall stay less stars was because the slip for breakfast room service wasn't taken and as a result I had to call down and ask. The hotel was also under construction at the time and I wasn't able to have breakfast or dinner in the hotel as planned. Once the construction is done however it looks like it'll be a nice place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I surprised my 16 yr old with an overnight trip to see an NBA game in Cleveland for his Christmas present.
I was going all out and got seats in the second row off the court.
I secured a room at the Radisson Gateway a couple months in advance and just hoped that it would live up to what I hoped.
It more than did.
The package came with valet parking and breakfast in the morning. I thought the price was reasonable, so booked it.
I personally called to book the room letting the gal know this was a special weekend trip. She didn’t disappoint.
When we arrived the valet and desk clerk were very friendly and courteous.
We had a huge room that overlooked the street, the arena and the baseball park.
30 feet down the street was a nice sports bar with good food and across the street the entrance to the Quicken Loans Arena.
I never used the car again until we left the next morning.
Breakfast the next morning was hot and very good
We could not have had a better time and even though there was some internal re-construction going on, it was no bother.
I thought the hotel was great!
I will stay there again hopefully this summer to see an MLB game

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Some building/refurbishment work was underway at the time of my stay... the restaurant was being rebuilt. Also the lobby is looking a bit tired and in need of a makeover. But the staff were polite and helpful and we weren't troubled by the disturbance. This is a good business-style hotel with all the usual comforts. My room overlooked the impressive baseball stadium. Breakfast is really excellent with a mexican twist. And our hispanic waitress was lovely. Recommended.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

For the price this hotel offers an outstanding experience. We were pleased with all aspects of our stay. Especially noteworthy were the valets, all of whom worked hard, were friendly, and were unaffected by the bitter cold weather outside. Rooms were very comfortable and clean, breakfast was an exceptionally good buffet, and the hotel's location was close to downtown offices and shopping.

Room Tip: Seventh floor, front of the hotel is the place to be.
LAS VEGAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Don't let my rating fool you. There really isn't anything wrong with this hotel. It is just plain to me. Living in and out of hotels I can easily compare brands. This Radisson is in a perfect location, right next to "The Q" and anything you need downtown. Staff was very nice and the property seemed pretty much up to date. But the rooms are lacking in some amenities that should be standard in my opinion. I love rooms with a micro-fridge and microwave. Unfortunately this property has neither (I think you can request a small fridge. Not sure). The doors slam very loud to. We all know that most people in hotels don't consider other guests and always slam their doors. So this can get old real quick. These rooms also have a "sleep number" bed. I didn't have any issues with it. But not sure if they really make a difference in a hotel, unless you already own one and know what your sleep number is. I would guess you would have to stay a while to get used to it to figure out what your true number would be. Anyway, ny no means is this a bad hotel. I just think they need to upgrade on some things.

Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hotel was clean, the staff seemed to care less about its guests. Lots of standing around chatting, very free on the language. Even standing in line they were not in hurry to put their conversations on hold to assist me. Lots of snow and ice in front of the hotel, could have been cleared out by the staff versus socializing. Breakfast was good and the buffet was in expensive. I also could hear the elevators running all night from my room, luckily I sleep hard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

As an employee in the hospitality business, I don't give rave reviews often but my experience with the Radisson Cleveland downtown has been superb. I have been staying for extended period at this hotel and cannot say enough good about the experience. The staff has been extremely friendly and helpful (even if I wasn’t), the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the hotel/Radisson brand does little things that I appreciate (like loofa scrubs in showers for example). The hotel is extremely convenient for any downtown activities too – right across from the stadiums and in the central business district. Easy parking next door or valet, good staff there too. All in all, a great value, best rate I could find coupled with the best experience in hotel stays in Cleveland I have found. Again, I work for the hotel industry throughout the Midwest so I’m not shy for criticism if deserved.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!