“OK for a couple of nights” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Austin, Texas
“OK for a couple of nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Convenient downtown location. Lots of food nearby. travel from airport was 35 plus tip. Hotel is average business hotel but bathrooms are small. You step over the commode to get into the shower. Hotel was clean but has minor issues. Tub surface was peeling off, discoloration around bathroom vent.

Hotel has small restaurant. Food was not good for breakfast but edible and cheap. Suggest finding a diner close by as an alternative if you have time.

For comparison, this is just a notch below your average courtyard.

Room Tip: Avoid 509. too close to elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your travel review, we appreciate the guest comments. We utilize our customer feedback to consistently improve our level of service. We will make note of the room and be certain maintenance repairs the tub issues. In regards to the restaurant, we are starting construction and plan to open another restaurant at the hotel by October 2013.

G.M- Juan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
dayton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm currently sitting in the hotel room surprised that a call about a hair found IN THE BED was met with relative indifference.

I got what sounded like an insincere apology and was told that housekeeping must have missed it and that there were blankets in the drawer. Then silence. Well, I'm concerned the sheets may have not been changed, I explain. Can someone bring us sheets and remake the bed? I'm put on hold. When the staffer returns she says housekeeping has left (I don't doubt this, it is a little after 1 a.m.). So now I'm silent. She then apologizes again and says, but we can move you to another room. She doesn't sound at all sorry. Plus, it's after 1 a.m. so we decide to stay put. The hair was gross for sure but I'm also bothered by the clerk's tone, which sounds as if she could care less about the situation. Oh, the sleep number bed didn't work, either and the bed is really uncomfortable! There was no offer of a complimentary breakfast or anything. Perhaps we should've just changed rooms but it was so late.
I'm also listening to music blaring from somewhere outside. There must be a club next door.

Location was great - we went to the NKOTB concert at quickens. Literally across the street.

Room was ok - nothing to write home about UNTIL I DISCOVERED THE HAIR when I pulled back the comforter.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. it was my first stay and I initially thought this would be a go-to because of the location but the cavalier attitude of the staffer really turned me off the place. I know hotels with such a great location don't care about the complaint of one guest but I'll try my hand elsewhere next time I'm in Cleveland.

Room Tip: We're on the second floor and all I can see is the wall of a building next door and a rooftop. A...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and we apologize in regards to the bed issues. Unfortunately, we do not staff a housekeeping employee at 1am. Still, no reason for the error in our quality. PLease contact Ray Vallee at our hotel ray.vallee@radisson.com. We will make it right for 100% guest satisfaction. It is important for our guests to 100% satisfied.

Juan- G.M
Sharon, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First of all, we love this hotel. Go to the Tribe games a lot and always stay here. Always a
nice room and comfortable bed. However, last time we stayed, (second floor, just above the entrance) we woke up to the sounds of loud shouting outside at 2:50 a.m. A crowd of 8-10 people were in a shouting match. Not fighting, not in unison, just LOUD. After a full 5 minutes, called the front desk and they said they were on the phone with the police. Took police 10 minutes to arrive with an ambulance (?) and by then just one person was left shouting. They talked him into getting into the ambulance (after about 15 minutes of profanity shouting on his part) and shortly thereafter, he came back out. No handcuffs, no patrol cars, nothing. Huh? After he finally left (half hour by this time when all was said and done) went back to bed and then two people (maybe him again?) came on our floor and were shouting profanity out in the hall. They finally decided they were (a) either on the wrong floor or (b) in the wrong hotel and left. If I or my husband had been the nervous type, we would have been freaked out. I know the hotel didn't have any control over the issue beings it was outside, but our full-pay hotel stay was really a sleepless night. Told desk clerk in the morning and he said he had a lot of complaints. It really is a nice place to stay, however, I'd forgo the breakfast (which is a great selection including waffles etc.) but I'm not a fan of instant micro-eggs and sausage, and I'd opt for one of the coffee shops within walking distance. You can get the room minus breakfast for a cheaper rate. Also, if you want a quiet night, don't get the room right above the entrance.

Room Tip: room away from entrance/street noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it very much. Yes, the downtown Cleveland nightlife is always exciting, even sometimes past 2am. We do our best to control our hotel environment when too much noise happens in our street area. We look forward to your next visit; GO TRIBE!

with hospitality,
The RAD Team
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Sleep Number beds are not a good idea for a hotel setting as they get too much use and wear out. It took us a long time to get the control to wake up and then it would only decrease the comfort level (A call to the front desk was no help and I am still waiting for the return phone call that I was promised). Our first night's sleep was not very good as the support system of this bed is so much different than a standard mattress. The second night was as good as I have had in other hotels.

We were in town to visit Horseshoe Casino and it is just a short walk and easily accessible. This hotel is very near Progressive Field and Quicken Arena. Lots of spots to eat and grab a drink. Close to the nightlife on 4th Street too.

Valet was $20 a night but worth it as it comes with in and out privileges (we did not have to use it as the city has free trolleys to get around to attractions).

Would definitely return to this hotel, especially if they replace the beds.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here one night when having tests at University Hospital. Made the decision to stay so we wouldn't have to fight traffic coming into Cleveland for the early Dr. appointment. Worked out very well. Loved the sleep-number beds in the room and the had a great night's sleep. Morning commute to the hospital was effortless.
No continental breakfast, but they will pack you a grab and go bag with protein bar and water.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Niles, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff was the most helpful and friendly I have ever seen at a hotel. The prices were very reasonable, and the hotel is in a great location (walking distance to several fun attractions). My wife and I will be visiting Cleveland again in the future, and this will certainly be the hotel we stay in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Nick B, we appreciate the business and thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are in the heart of downtown action for the city of Cleveland. We look forward to your next visit.

all the best,
The Rad Team!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel looks quite old with lifts taking couple of minutes to reach eight floors. However, I really liked the staff. All of them were very cordial and willing to help. The breakfast was regular. The rooms were a bit small. It is just a few minutes walk away from Public Square. Has good choices of restaurants around.Those sleep number beds were very good.

I will stay again just for those friendly people in there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We appreciate your business and thank you for sharing your guest opinion. We are an ideal choice and centrally located within downtown Cleveland; the central area for business, sports, dining and entertainment. All in walking distance to the hotel.

sincerely,
The RAD Team

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!