“Nice rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Nice rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here to go to a Cleveland Cavs game at the Quicken Arena. This hotel has nice rooms. The valet parking is nice to have but plan on adding an extra $20 to your bill. The hotel is right next to the Quicken Arena and the new Horseshoe Casino. If you plan on going to the Casino I would recommend you get the "players package" (I think that is what it is called). You get a $50 voucher for the casino when you book it that way, its a bit more but worth it when you get the voucher and your parking paid for. Great place to stay in Cleveland. The front desk and valet are very friendly and helpful as well. They also have sleep number beds if you like that kind of thing, I don't know what my sleep number is so I was either sleeping on a brick or it was so soft I was sinking into the bed. You can also go downstairs to a morning breakfast buffet that is also I included in the "players package" but I think it is $9.99 if you don't get the package. They also have options for room service as well. It was a bit pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate the guest comments. A good choice and recommendation to others seeking stay packages. You definitely receive more value for the price! Also, great choice to go for a win at the casino. Our team works very hard to always showcase the best in hospitality. You mentioning the central location of the hotel is valid, you can walk to everything for your entertainment needs- basketball, baseball, rock hall museum, casino, restaurant and bars. Everything is on our block or within 3 blocks of the hotel.

The Radisson Gateway Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fleetwood, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great staff, comfortable room with sleep number beds and chocolate on pillow at night, easily accessed fitness room, who could ask for more? Valet who parked our car helpful in recommending things to do in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the business; we appreciate you staying with us and mention the positive feedback for all guests to read. We look forward to your next visit to downtown Cleveland.

sincerely,
The Radisson Gateway Team
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My stay was punctuated by pleasant surprises all the way through. Sleep Number beds in the rooms, helpful suggestions from proud local staff, and beautiful accomodations. The location may just be the best in Cleveland, across from the Baseball Stadium, QL Arena, and plenty of local nightlife/restaurants. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A short hop, skip and step to the QL arena, decent "free" breakfast but the coffee strong and bitter, convenient $20 valet parking but they didn't warm up the engine for us, free Internet. I didn't enjoy the $1.70 charge for each local call made due to lost cell phone. I would definitely stay here again due to convenient location.

• Stayed March 2013
RadissonCleve, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the travel review. We appreciate your business and value the guest feedback. Mentioning the close area to all the local attraction is helpful to all individuals seeking a hotel in downtown Cleveland. We very close to all the main attractions within downtown, 1 block from Progressive Field, 3 blocks from the casino and directly across the street from the Q arena. We look forward to your next visit to downtown.

The RAD Team!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my second time staying in this hotel, I stayed once about 5 years ago and remembered it being great so we came back. We went to a basketball game so in my opinion this was the only option as it's directly across the street. I accidentally booked my reservation for the wrong day and the staff there was so easy to work with about switching the date at no extra charge. When we checked in, everyone was nice and apologetic for the wait. The room itself was the only disappointment and unfortunately that's the only thing that should matter when staying in a hotel? Our TV remote only worked if you pushed the buttons really hard, I assume it was just a battery issue and we weren't going to be watching much TV so that wasn't a big deal but when we used the buttons on the actual monitor, you had to push crazy hard to change the channel on there as well, and there are like 4 hotel information channels you have to scoot past before you can get to anything.
I was particularly excited for the sleep number beds and when we laid down to go to sleep the remote wasn't working, so I called the front desk. She told me to hold the button really hard and it eventually started to go down. The problem I had was that it went down too far and I couldn't get it back up so it was like sleeping on a deflated air mattress. This room was not for someone with arthritis or anything haha.
I totally could have looked past both of those if it weren't for the fact that the hotel itself is just extremely noisy. Both my brother and I tossed and turned all night--every thing was so loud it woke us up, and we're not light sleepers. Every time the heat kicked on, every time the room above us used any water in their bathroom, even the general traffic from outside. Maybe I'm just getting to an age where I can't sleep well outside of my own bed but this was by far my worst sleep episode haha. It made our drive back home really tough. But I slept like a sack of potatoes in my own bed the next night!

Like I said--the staff is fantastic, it's a perfect location, I'll probably stay here again, I think we just were the unlucky ones who were dealt a not-so-great room for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you look for specials, you can get a decent room with breakfast and free valet parking here for under 150.00. The hotel is right across from the Q Arena and very close to Progressive Field. In fact, the House of Blues is just around the corner and Nautica is quite close, too. We like to head up to Cleveland early before a game, park and check in, then go off for dinner. After the game, we can bar hop till we drop and walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the travel review, we appreciate your feedback. Your opinion matter to our hotel, we strive for superior guest service. The comments written are spot on! We are the ideal location to the Q arena, Progressive Field and several other entertainment venues. Just stay, park and your on your way to play in downtown Cleveland.

Juan- G.M
On The Road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying at this property due to some of the reviews on here from other travelers - but WOW I was so impressed with this property!

I parked at a meter to check in because I was headed out for a work meeting shortly after check in. Parking at the property is a bit of challenge - you either pay $20 for valet or you pay $7.50... OR $10 (if there is an event going on). If you pay for Valet you can come and go....with tipping the valet.... but otherwise, you are going to pay in and out of the garage across the street... OR next door. The garage across the street is cheaper for DAYTIME parking, but you cannot park in that garage overnight. So if you are parking and staying on foot for the duration of your stay - you have to park in the garage next to the hotel.

The rooms are very nice - simple, clean, and with a local flavor in the art.

The shower is the brightest hotel shower I have ever been in - it has reflective lighting in the ceiling just outside the shower that really lights up the shower by reflecting off the white ceiling.

The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with towels and amenities.

I loved the reading lights on the lamps - the alarm clock was great (iPod Dock). And then they have the Sleep Beats feature which has great sleepy music stored in the clock, and plays with just the touch of a button!

The rooms are equipped with Sleep Number beds. This is the second property I have visited that was equipped with Sleep Number beds- and I have to say, while they are extremely comfortable.... the remote never seems to work properly. You have to put every ounce of force in to the button to get the darned thing to adjust! If ALL Sleep Number beds work this way, I would never own one!

The high speed internet access was great, and very easy to access. The speed was fantastic - and it didn't disconnect once.

I would definitely stay here again, and would suggest it to others!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a room with a great view... you really won't find it here. The hotel isn...