“Fine accomodations, helpful, courteous and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #23 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
South Orange, New Jersey
“Fine accomodations, helpful, courteous and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My stay was punctuated by pleasant surprises all the way through. Sleep Number beds in the rooms, helpful suggestions from proud local staff, and beautiful accomodations. The location may just be the best in Cleveland, across from the Baseball Stadium, QL Arena, and plenty of local nightlife/restaurants. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A short hop, skip and step to the QL arena, decent "free" breakfast but the coffee strong and bitter, convenient $20 valet parking but they didn't warm up the engine for us, free Internet. I didn't enjoy the $1.70 charge for each local call made due to lost cell phone. I would definitely stay here again due to convenient location.

• Stayed March 2013
RadissonCleve, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the travel review. We appreciate your business and value the guest feedback. Mentioning the close area to all the local attraction is helpful to all individuals seeking a hotel in downtown Cleveland. We very close to all the main attractions within downtown, 1 block from Progressive Field, 3 blocks from the casino and directly across the street from the Q arena. We look forward to your next visit to downtown.

The RAD Team!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my second time staying in this hotel, I stayed once about 5 years ago and remembered it being great so we came back. We went to a basketball game so in my opinion this was the only option as it's directly across the street. I accidentally booked my reservation for the wrong day and the staff there was so easy to work with about switching the date at no extra charge. When we checked in, everyone was nice and apologetic for the wait. The room itself was the only disappointment and unfortunately that's the only thing that should matter when staying in a hotel? Our TV remote only worked if you pushed the buttons really hard, I assume it was just a battery issue and we weren't going to be watching much TV so that wasn't a big deal but when we used the buttons on the actual monitor, you had to push crazy hard to change the channel on there as well, and there are like 4 hotel information channels you have to scoot past before you can get to anything.
I was particularly excited for the sleep number beds and when we laid down to go to sleep the remote wasn't working, so I called the front desk. She told me to hold the button really hard and it eventually started to go down. The problem I had was that it went down too far and I couldn't get it back up so it was like sleeping on a deflated air mattress. This room was not for someone with arthritis or anything haha.
I totally could have looked past both of those if it weren't for the fact that the hotel itself is just extremely noisy. Both my brother and I tossed and turned all night--every thing was so loud it woke us up, and we're not light sleepers. Every time the heat kicked on, every time the room above us used any water in their bathroom, even the general traffic from outside. Maybe I'm just getting to an age where I can't sleep well outside of my own bed but this was by far my worst sleep episode haha. It made our drive back home really tough. But I slept like a sack of potatoes in my own bed the next night!

Like I said--the staff is fantastic, it's a perfect location, I'll probably stay here again, I think we just were the unlucky ones who were dealt a not-so-great room for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you look for specials, you can get a decent room with breakfast and free valet parking here for under 150.00. The hotel is right across from the Q Arena and very close to Progressive Field. In fact, the House of Blues is just around the corner and Nautica is quite close, too. We like to head up to Cleveland early before a game, park and check in, then go off for dinner. After the game, we can bar hop till we drop and walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the travel review, we appreciate your feedback. Your opinion matter to our hotel, we strive for superior guest service. The comments written are spot on! We are the ideal location to the Q arena, Progressive Field and several other entertainment venues. Just stay, park and your on your way to play in downtown Cleveland.

Juan- G.M
On The Road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying at this property due to some of the reviews on here from other travelers - but WOW I was so impressed with this property!

I parked at a meter to check in because I was headed out for a work meeting shortly after check in. Parking at the property is a bit of challenge - you either pay $20 for valet or you pay $7.50... OR $10 (if there is an event going on). If you pay for Valet you can come and go....with tipping the valet.... but otherwise, you are going to pay in and out of the garage across the street... OR next door. The garage across the street is cheaper for DAYTIME parking, but you cannot park in that garage overnight. So if you are parking and staying on foot for the duration of your stay - you have to park in the garage next to the hotel.

The rooms are very nice - simple, clean, and with a local flavor in the art.

The shower is the brightest hotel shower I have ever been in - it has reflective lighting in the ceiling just outside the shower that really lights up the shower by reflecting off the white ceiling.

The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with towels and amenities.

I loved the reading lights on the lamps - the alarm clock was great (iPod Dock). And then they have the Sleep Beats feature which has great sleepy music stored in the clock, and plays with just the touch of a button!

The rooms are equipped with Sleep Number beds. This is the second property I have visited that was equipped with Sleep Number beds- and I have to say, while they are extremely comfortable.... the remote never seems to work properly. You have to put every ounce of force in to the button to get the darned thing to adjust! If ALL Sleep Number beds work this way, I would never own one!

The high speed internet access was great, and very easy to access. The speed was fantastic - and it didn't disconnect once.

I would definitely stay here again, and would suggest it to others!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a room with a great view... you really won't find it here. The hotel isn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your travel review, we appreciate the feedback for all travelers to read. Your comments on parking are spot on; we always reccommend and want our guests to park valet, if you plan on going in/out while driving in the city.
We look forward to seeing on your next visit to the city of Cleveland.

sincerely,
Juan- G.M
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is absolutely awesome. I have stayed here many a time & will continue to do so.

First, the location is impeccable. You can even drive right up & have valet take your car for $20. Across the street is the Q, Progressive Field, and up the street are great restaurants & pubs. My favorite is to walk right up the sidewalk to the Winking Lizard. You are simply minutes from Tower City, the Wolstein Center, and the House of Blues, literally in the heart of town.

And yet, when you get into your hotel room, it is as quiet as can be. Large rooms provide plenty of space & sleep number beds offer quality sleep. The only downside here? No pool. But what do you expect? You're in the middle of a great city.

One more quality item to mention: if you are a member of the United Church of christ, mention that to the front desk for a discount. Since the UCC national offices are attached to the building, they offer this fantastic opportunity to take a little more off your bill. And join their upgrade club--free.

Great place to stay; highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Kim, thank you for the travel review. We appreciate the opinion and look forward to your next visit and earning a loyal customer. You wrote it all! We are in the heart of all the action the city of Cleveland offers; great for business stays with easy location to access meetings; walking to the best in entertainment, sports, dine, music, sites, etc...

The RAD team
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was a great Valentine's day get-away. Staying in Cleveland but it felt like Cancun. Clean rooms, extremely friendly service and we even got room service which was delicious. For the price we paid, it was the perfect small retreat. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for the nice travel review. We are an ideal hotel, in the heart of downtown that features the best location for business and entertainment. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to downtown Cleveland.

Radisson Hotel Team

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!