“awesome location, ucc member discount” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Canton, Ohio
“awesome location, ucc member discount”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is absolutely awesome. I have stayed here many a time & will continue to do so.

First, the location is impeccable. You can even drive right up & have valet take your car for $20. Across the street is the Q, Progressive Field, and up the street are great restaurants & pubs. My favorite is to walk right up the sidewalk to the Winking Lizard. You are simply minutes from Tower City, the Wolstein Center, and the House of Blues, literally in the heart of town.

And yet, when you get into your hotel room, it is as quiet as can be. Large rooms provide plenty of space & sleep number beds offer quality sleep. The only downside here? No pool. But what do you expect? You're in the middle of a great city.

One more quality item to mention: if you are a member of the United Church of christ, mention that to the front desk for a discount. Since the UCC national offices are attached to the building, they offer this fantastic opportunity to take a little more off your bill. And join their upgrade club--free.

Great place to stay; highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Kim, thank you for the travel review. We appreciate the opinion and look forward to your next visit and earning a loyal customer. You wrote it all! We are in the heart of all the action the city of Cleveland offers; great for business stays with easy location to access meetings; walking to the best in entertainment, sports, dine, music, sites, etc...

The RAD team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was a great Valentine's day get-away. Staying in Cleveland but it felt like Cancun. Clean rooms, extremely friendly service and we even got room service which was delicious. For the price we paid, it was the perfect small retreat. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for the nice travel review. We are an ideal hotel, in the heart of downtown that features the best location for business and entertainment. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to downtown Cleveland.

Radisson Hotel Team
Youngstown, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here this past weekend for a valentine's day getaway. Getting there was no problem, the only fall back is it's surrounded by one-way streets. We circled around a few times trying to figure out where to park because there was 3 different parking decks: one behind the building, one next door and another across the street. We finally asked a cop and he directed us to the one next door which costs $10, their valet is $20. Check in was smooth, I can't remember the young woman behind the counter but she was so nice! They withheld $50 from his debit card for the weekend, which we weren't expecting. They said it would be put back onto his car when we checked out Sunday. The room was typical; flat screen, big bed, nice bathroom. They had a nice ipod radio! However, I was expecting a view, I looked out the window and it was nothing more than an office building. A few things I didn't like, there were just sheers, not drapes, that you could open and close. The drapes were tied back and didn't move. Once the sun peeked through the window it was BRIGHT the entire morning. The layout of the bathroom was strange, you had to get behind the door and in front of the toilet before you could shut the door. The walls of the hotel were extremely thin, I heard my boyfriend shuffling down the hallway among other people in the hotel talking loudly. We stepped out that night, not even 3 hours after we checked in and we were told we would have to pay $10 AGAIN for parking! We explained we weren't going to be gone long and the parking attendants insisted it would be another $10, unless we did self parking behind the building for $10. Valet wasn't looking too shabby at this point. We returned for there to be nobody working valet and we self-parked behind the building.
It's now Saturday morning and I know that check out was at 11, so why I heard house-keeping banging on every door is beyond me. My boyfriend went downstairs to get us breakfast, which is about $7.95 - $10.00, the very least they can do is toss us a bone and give us a complimentary breakfast (which may be advertised IDK) after we already paid $200+. He was told since he didn't directly book with the website he wasn't allowed to get breakfast. We showered and left for the day. Upon returning, traffic was backed up in every direction, there had to be something going on at the Q because parking now spiked to $20, we caved and got valet. That night we went downstairs to leave and there was a commotion of people in the lobby. Apparently, one of the guests called ahead for her car in valet and about an hour had past and her car was no where to be found. She called the cops, only to have another guest bring to our attention that other keys and cars were missing. They have this cabinet where they keep the keys, it was WIDE OPEN and it's location is right by the door entrance which was never locked. So if nobody is watching the keys and cars are missing, what does one conclude? We checked and our keys were still there, thank god, and asked where they park the cars. We walked to the parking deck behind the building and asked one of the attendants where they park cars for the Radisson. He gave us a blank stare and said "oh it could be anywhere, you just have to look". Are you kidding me?! We looked for the better part of a half an hour, only to find out that our tag and the parking space did not match. We went back to the hotel to share this lovely news with the woman behind the counter, she had just started her shift I did feel bad because she had no idea what was going on, she was on the phone with her supervisor and promised us everything would be taken care of and there would be no charge because of the issues.
Sunday morning rolls around and we're packing our things, my boyfriend turned the keys in early so he could get the withheld $50 back on his card, they told him it could take 3-5 business days. That contradicts what the other person said, but whatever! It's about 10:00 and I'm getting dressed, instead of the housekeepers knocking on the door announcing themselves they waltz right in! She apologized which meant jack at this point. We gather our things and as we're waiting for the elevator we hear the housekeepers chatting unprofessionally saying "Motherf*** this" and "motherf*** that". The valet promptly gets our car and we get the hell outta dodge!
I wouldn't recommend this hotel because the level of professionalism is somewhat skewed for what I would expect a big hotel chain to have. We were originally staying at the Hampton around the corner, but caught a better deal with this hotel. Apparently, you get what you pay for and after coughing up $250 for a mediocre stay, I would NEVER do it again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for comment, it is unfortunate to read your remarks in regards to our hotel. We always seek to give the best in customer service for all our guests. On the issue concerning valet, the cars were located, it was a failure on our part for a busy weekend in downtown Cleveland.
We are glad you enjoyed the area, the downtown district has several entertainment options, when it is busy in downtown, driving can be tricky as the police close many streets to one-way traffic. If you stay in the district on an upcoming trip, always call the hotel ahead to be certain you can find the easiest route into downtown to make your travels as smooth as possible to your location.

sincerely,
Juan G.M
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for one night on my birthday this past Valentine's Day. We had dinner downtown and decided to just stay since we'd be drinking. I picked the Radisson because I had points for a free night.

The hotel itself is in a very good location for many downtown attractions. Parking at the hotel is a flat 20.00 valet fee with in/out privledges. There is a parking lot right next door that is less expensive. Upon our departure we called down the 15 minutes ahead that they suggested and when we got to the lobby, they acted like we never called. The valet attendant looked upset that he wasn't notified. He literally RAN to get our cars. When I complained to the front desk they just looked at me. No response.

Our room was on the 7th floor and I would have said it was clean enough except for the bits of hair in the bathtub. (EEW) Typical room with a comfortable king bed, armoir, dresser, desk and flat screen TV. The drapes and carpeting are ugly as can be and the overall ambience is just not very welcoming.

I understood there was a small "gym facility" but we didn't see it. No pool/hot tub here either.

The hotel is definitely just adequate. There is a smallish "restaurant" of the lobby and they did have coffee and tea in the morning, next to the front desk with an assortment of complimentary newspapers.

I would definitely seek other options before paying to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the travel comments. We appreciate are guest feedback and always strive to provide the best in in guest service. We will use your comments to continue to improve our hotel.

Guest Services Team
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Poor check in service. Employee was playing with his tablet while i waited to be serviced at check in. Housekeeping ignored my dnd sign and entered my room at 8am. Hair on bathroom floor and tub. Room is in need if maintenance. I am still here and will talk with a manager.

• Stayed February 2013
RadissonCleve, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We apologize in reading your travel review. This is not the impression we would like to present to our guests. Thank you for taking the time in speaking with our manager on duty, we appreciated the immediate feedback and rectifying your concerns. We do hope you choose to stay with us in the future to show we have improved our level of service. We strive for excellence in guest service, this is goal of our hotel and the hotel staff.

Juan- G.M
Abingdon, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Not what I expected at all. From the moment we arrived we knew this may not be a wonderful experience. They have valet service that is 20.00 per day but you can park yourself at the lot across the street for 15.00. Front desk suggest calling down 15 minutes before you need car so they can retrieve it. Not sure who calls the valet as when we were leaving, we called down and when we got to get our car no one knew that we needed it.
Rooms are very plain. Ours had a cheap college dorm refrigerator propped up on a flea market find style table, not what I expected for the price we paid. Beds were awful sleep number beds. At least they should advertise that they use them and offer a normal mattress to guests that prefer old fashioned coil springs. We were put into a room few away from elevator, much appreciated. Just so happens that it was a special needs room for the disabled and the shower bench was permanently stained. The shower curtain was also noticeably old and soiled.
As for the break breakfast buffet they have 2 different pricing structures one was for 6.00 something and the other for around 10.00. We opted for the 6.00 and this consisted of a choice of
toast, poor quality danish, yogurt, cereal, juice/coffee and whole fruit. (only had apples available) For 10.00 you have the option of scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and hash browns. I just wonder why they charge for it here and at other local hotels this all would be complimentary. Folks check this out before booking as it can add up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards.
North Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been working in Cleveland as a consultant for the past few weeks...booking my hotels through Priceline and this was my first stay at the Radisson. I will not be staying here again. Valet parking is offered but, when I first pulled up to the hotel. on a Monday night, there was no place to park my car temporarily as the few places directly in front of the hotel were taken with cars covered with snow. It was not snowing and had not been for awhile so apparently these vehicles had been there for quite awhile. I saw the valet inside and he saw me...I looked at him and he looked at me...then I looked at him some more and he looked at me some more. You get the picture... I had to double-park my car and go inside to inquire about parking. No offer to help me with my luggage...he just continued to stand there. I ended up leaving my car double-parked, taking my luggage to my room myself and then parking at the nearby garage (less than half the price of the Radisson's "valet" parking).

The rooms are fine...decently furnished, clean and comfortable. The adjustable beds are sort of weird but okay. I had two double beds in my room and the adjustable remote did not work on one of the beds but I was my traveling alone so it wasn't a problem. The hotel did not seem to be busy at all but I was put in a room directly next to the elevators and directly above the front entrance. Seriously?! I know I booked on Priceline (and got a good deal) but this is the best, quietest room you can put me in?! Ordered room service for dinner my first night and it was very good and reasonably priced (for room service).

Came back to my room on my 2nd night around 7 p.m. and found that my room had not been cleaned. Needless to say, I was not happy. I called the front desk and the offered to send housekeeping immediately. I had been up at 6, worked all day and, again, needless to say, did not feel like sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes while someone did what they should have done during the nearly 11 hours my room was empty. The front desk clerk offered that I could come downstairs and have dinner and they would give me a $12 dinner credit. Seriously?! $12?! In a hotel restaurant?! That won't even cover a burger. She increased it to $20 so I did that. George, in the hotel restaurant, was wonderful and took fantastic care of me. Finally got back to my (now clean) room at 8:15 p.m.

Was leaving after 3 nights and called the front desk to request help with my luggage. Was told that they would send the valet right up...waited 10 minutes and no one showed up...made one trip to my car and came back for the second and still no valet...made the second trip by myself.

It was not terrible but I would not ever stay here again. There are too many other reasonably priced hotels in downtown Cleveland. I stayed at the Doubletree the prior three weeks and it was much, much better for the same price (at least on Priceline). The Doubletree is a bit off the beaten path (although close to my workplace) but there are a lot of other choices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!