“Great Time, Great Room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Rochester, New York
“Great Time, Great Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I go on weekend vacations around the northeast. We found The Radisson in downtown Cleveland to be a great room and a great location. We went to the Rock and Roll hall of fame but we will be back for the baseball games walking distance from the hotel. Cleveland was clean and pleasant. The service was great, the room was large and clean. Fridge and microwave are nice for midnight snacks. Walking distance to a whole street of restaurants and taverns. Definitely a place to add to our regular weekend vacation spots.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Gateway. I am pleased that our location reached your expectations and that our staff's service was great. i will share your comments with my staff during our next meeting. Once again thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Gateway and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Leo Phillippi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Visited Cleveland to see the Texas Rangers play vs the Cleveland Indians. Selected the Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway due to it was walking distance to Progressive Field. We loved that we did not have to worry about parking or safety, only one block walk to Progressive field. The hotel is within walking distance of everything in the heart of downtown, Cleveland. Quicken Loans Arena, Horseshoe Casino, lots of restaurants and bars, all within a short walk from the hotel. Felt safe walking everywhere, even after dark, lots of other folks out walking within the few blocks around the hotel and Cleveland police officers were out and visible just about everywhere.
We spent 2 nights, hotel was nice, rooms were very clean and quiet, nice water pressure in shower, had a good breakfast and the valet service was excellent (they were prompt, polite and very attentive to help). We selected a package that included valet parking and breakfast. The only issue we encountered, was having one elevator out of service all weekend, made for a lot of floor stops and some extended waiting for the elevator to come when called. Overall, positive stay for a decent price, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Cleveland and was satisfied with our hotel. I will share your comments with my staff on your overall satisfaction. Once again thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Gateway and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you're in Cleveland attending an Indians or Cavaliers game - this is certainly the place to stay. You can roll out of bed and walk on over to either venue within a matter of minutes (like we did - we took a nap, and woke up at 6:40, and still made it to Progressive Field in time for the National Anthem and first pitch at 7:05pm.)

The hotel is old, and not the cleanest, but, as another traveler mentioned - nothing to really gross my wife out. Our room had a "Sleep Number" bed which was actually the first time I've experienced an adjustable sleeping surface. Kinda neat.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better - out of 8 floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and had a pleasent stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff to help fine tune our operation. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the near future when you return to cleveland.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I'll break this hotel down into two parts: location and hotel.

Hotel:
As stated very average, which isn't necessarily bad, in my opinion. The room (I had a 2 queen bed room) and bathroom were of good size. The room wasn't super clean, but nothing that had me grossed out. The rooms have sleep number beds, which I didn't care for at all. The remote, probably from overuse, wasn't too responsive, and I would just prefer to have a regular bed.

I also selected the room package with the breakfast. Never inquired how much it cost if I didn't preselect it, but for 10 bucks, it was worth it. Again, nothing spectacular (see a trend?), but it was buffet style with eggs, potatoes, sausage/bacon, french toast and a waffle maker. It also had cereal and toast. One problem? Small room they have you in...especially on Saturday morning, we had to wait.

Location:
Right in downtown, perfect. If you're here for sporting events, it might not get better than this. A 5 minute walk from the Indians' stadium, Progressive Field, and the Cavs' arena. You're about a mile or so walk from the Browns' stadium (and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). You're also located near a bunch of bars/restaurants.

So, in summary, I enjoyed my stay. It was little pricey (avg. 174/night), but that was probably due to the Yankees being in town, it was the weekend, and the Browns were home. I also didn't book it that far in advance, not sure if that would have helped.

If you're coming here for a sporting event weekend, I'd definitely recommend it...and if I come back, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe as for a room that doesn't face the front of the hotel, it got a little noisey post-game w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest Thank you for you recent review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and will utilize them to help fine tune our operation. I am pleased that you had enjoyed stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here August 9th & 10th 2012. Had a phone charger and Garmin stolen out of a duffle bag that was closed and had items piled on top of it. There was no safe in our room, though the other couple we travelled with had one in their room. NO reponse from the hotel itself and only received a generic "received your email" response from Radisson. Would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and stayed here using points earned from a business trip. Staff was excellent and the room was very spacious suite. . My mistake in not asking for a room on a higher floor. Our view was of the HVAC units on the roof of the first floor. On this particular trip it didn't really matter so we kept the room. Within walking distance of where the Cavaliers, Indians and Browns play. We were in town to see the Rock and Roll HOF which would have been quite a hike. Found a pay lot just west of the HOF for $5 per day. Used the hotel's valet parking and I was impressed with the service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that our staff was accomodating and embraced a yes I can service attribute to you during your stay. We pride ourselves on going the exttra step to accomodate our guest's needs and to provide excellent service to all of our guest's. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure them that they have been recognized for their efforts. Once again thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future during your next visit to Cleveland.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is VERY nice. The rooms are really spacious, clean and comfortable, even having an adjustable bed. The price is ridiculous - as in ridiculously cheap!!!! The location is perfect to everything, and they also provide free internet. My only regret is that we didnt stay longer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RadissonCleve, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our hotel. We our continuing to update our facility to make it better for our guests and try to keep our lodging affordable in the downtown marketplace. I will share your comments with our staff and let them know how pleased you were. Once again thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Leo Phillippi

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway? Share your experiences!