“Good Location.......Will I stay there again?? NO!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
“Good Location.......Will I stay there again?? NO!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

My family and I made a reservation for one night at this hotel. Although it wasn't the worst hotel we have stayed in, it wasn't the greatest either. We had a two bedroom/two bathroom suite which was extremely roomy. However, what we found in the room left a lot to be desired. The room number was 361. The bathrooms had hair in the toilets and on the floor. A "changing room" that was off of the second bedroom had a cracked window which was repaired with "clear packaging tape". Thank goodness we did not have any small children traveling with us. We could have had a tragedy on our hands. The room was very dusty too. I found a wrist band from a night club and this was all found within 3 minutes of being in the room.

The hotel had a shuttle. We inquired to see how late the shuttle ran and we were told by the front desk that it only goes to Cleveland Clinic. We looked in the guest service booklet and it said that the shuttle goes ANYWHERE within a five mile radius. I have read other reviews on this hotel and travelers have said that the shuttle took them to the mall, restaurants, etc. Strange isnt it?

The complimentary breakfast was so-so. The potatoes and eggs were cold and it is extremely limited. But then again it is complimentary so I guess I cannot complain but so much right? We had to park in a parking garage across the street because the hotel's parking garage was undergoing "renovations". However, whenever we attempted to park in the hotel garage, we were told that we needed a card from the front desk. Once we got the card, then we could park in the garage. Very bizarre. Its sad that the hotel is nice, but with all of the inconsistencies, I would not advise staying there and I know that my family and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

It's definitely not the Ritz, but the price should tell you that.
Booking the hotel for my third pilgrimage to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with my mom and two cousins. We reserved a 1BR suite with a pullout couch, cot, and kitchenette for $130 a night--not a bad deal at all for four!
The parking garage IS comically small. So don't drive your Hummer. But anyone who has ever used city parking should expect it. More importantly, the parking is free and you're right downtown.
This hotel is right across the street from the football stadium. There isn't a ton of foot traffic when the Browns aren't playing. But take a right out of the hotel, and you'll run into a delightful little alley with about six bars and restaurants...all within a two minute walk. That was a great surprise!
Our hotel front desk person hooked us up with a great cabdriver to take us to Michael Symon's Lolita restaurant, which is about ten minutes away. He gave us his cell phone number, we called him when we were finishing our entrees, and he was back within 15 minutes. We like it.
The rooms are kind of dated looking, but the beds are very comfortable and everything was very clean. Despite the fact that the kitchenette was fake brown wood formica, it was really great to have a full size refrigerator in the room, plus a microwave, stove, full sink and oven! The restaurant sells some basic groceries in the lobby.
Don't book your honeymoon here. But if you're in town to see the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, a concert, or a game, this hotel is a great value and a reliable place to lay your head.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

There is inadequate parking at this hotel. At the hotel there is only room to park about 30 cars once this fills up you have to park at garages across the street or about two blocks away. If there is a game going on parking and traffic is horrible. The hotel staff are unfriendly and unhelpfull. The carpet in the room is dirty. On the upside the hotel is close to great food and bars. There are much better hotels in the city for business travel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

THis hotel is right across form Quicken loans arena, and close to Progessive field. Also close to 4th Street which has great restaurants and entertainment. The hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Everything was clean but basic. The room was clean and comfortable except for the bed. Bed was hard and uncomfortable . I have to say I would stay there again because location,staff and price. Try Zocalo Mexican Grill . IT's right around the corner on 4tha dn has absolutely fabulous food . Wasn't expecting to find such good food at a Mexican resaturant especially in Cleveland.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

Front desk staff terrific, friendly and helpful. My room, facing Prospect St on the 4th floor was comfortable, large and quiet. Basic and a bit dated but fine. Unlike most Residence Inn's - no stove - just two burners. Colleagues who were down the hall on the same floor had a problem with noise from the club across the street so ask about that when checking in. Neighborhood is dicey at best, but close to sports arenas, and 4th St dining. I choose Residence Inn when traveling because they are pet friendly and even with the dog I did not feel comfortable walking alone after dark. During my stay, hotel seemed to be overrun with long term guests who monopolized the common areas. Don't know if that is the norm. I tried not to let them bother me. Use of gym next door was included in stay. Your choices for downtown Cleveland are limited and for a stay of more than a few days - this might be your best bet.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Marriott is a reliable brand... they mostly all have a very similar look and feel. Boy were we surprised at this Marriott! Very unique and special place. This is a renovated hotel built around an interior shopping arcade. Most of the shops were closed on the weekend that we were there, but it was still fun to look down onto them.

The location can't be beat - very close to baseball stadium, fireworks, and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

We asked for a room with 2 king beds. We got the biggest hotel room that I've ever seen! It was so big that it almost seemed silly. We figured that it was an artifact of the renovation - where they couldn't fit multiple room in this space, they decided to go with one gigantic room.

Only critique is the underground parking garage was a very tight fit for our mid-size SUV.

Also, very clean!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Just spent Halloween weekend in Cleveland with my boyfriend to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted to see a Cavs game and decided to make a weekend of it. This hotel was a perfect choice given its location... right across the street from Quicken Arena and very close to a bunch of great restaurants. We also walked down to City Tower a few blocks away to do some shopping. Like many downtown areas almost everything was closed-up for the weekend but we still found plenty to do, see and eat.

The staff at the hotel was incredible. Since it was our anniversary they upgraded our room to a jacuzzi suite with a private rooftop balcony, something we didn't even ask for but really appreciated. And they gave us little Trick-or-Treat bags when we checked in, which I thought was fun and unexpected. Beyond the upgrade and freebies, everyone working at the hotel was so nice and accommodating. The room was really cool and unique with a huge skylight, but it wasn't the cleanest or most updated room I've ever stayed in. The rate was good (about $107) so I can't complain. This is an extended-stay property which doesn't always get the same TLC as a traditional hotel. The continental breakfast, which is free, was good and saved us from having to go find something else in the morning.

Beware of the underground parking though... scarce and REALLY tight. I'm stunned to have made it out of there without any door-dings or scratches. Anyways, we are already planning to stay at this hotel again when we go to see the Cavs play. Definitely a good experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!