“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Monroe Township
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here with my friend who used her points so obviously the price was right. We found the staff to be very courteous and helpful. Our room was very clean. It is an older building but the room itself has been modernized so we had no complaints. The free breakfast was enjoyable and very filling. They also have a cocktail/meet and greet every evening at 6:30. There was ample food that you didn't really have to worry about dinner if you didn't want to go out. It's within walking distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and just down the street from their casino for those who enjoy gambling. There was a fee for parking onsite but worth it and the area felt safe. The bed was very comfy and shower was nice. It could have had a little better lighting around the sink for we women folk applying makeup. Nice kitchenette.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Hotel is rundown, aged, seedy in places with aged furniture, carpets and furnishings.Housekeeping was a nightmare. Did not restock needed items, ran the dishwasher for one (1) fork! Loads of dirty topes left in the hallways. Garbage left on the floor of the room as well as hallways for days. Free breakfast was only ok. Please get toasters that actually work.

While attitude of staff was pleasant, so what? it's a hotel - so it should be. Good location downtown if you don't mind walking past the omnipresent smell of stale urine. I would not stay here again. Definitely not worth price paid. Mgt is at fault for not creating and enforcing higher quality standards. They tried to make up for the overall rundown condition and poor housekeeping by offering points that were accepted, but after a while excuses can't make up for the overall port condition and experience.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Maclamb23,

Thank you for being our guest. My sincerest appologies for not enjoying your stay. We constantly strive to maintain our hotel. I am glad that you advised us of these issues and accepted Rewards points as compensation. If you would like further compensation, please contact me directly as I would like to discuss your stay and personally help you. Thank you.
CAPE CORAL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I checked in for one night for our anniversary. I had stayed there a year prior for my bachelorette party and it was great, so we thought we would get away for a night. It is located right next to East 4th St with lots of bars and restaurants. It is also right next to the casino and stadium. It is a safe area!

We checked in and were asked what the occasion was for. A half hour later, we had a bottle of wine and chocolates delivered for our anniversary! What a nice surprise by a friendly staff member! The room is very large with a living room and kitchen. It had great views and we were very pleased! They have weekday happy hour and free hot breakfast also.

This is a great place to stay in downtown Cleveland! We visited the great Lakes Brewery which was not even a 5 minute drive. We would recommend this hotel to anyone going to downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a great downtown hotel. The suites were large and I felt like I was staying in an apartment. There is a full kitchen with a dishwasher, disposal, and full size refrigerator. There are also, plates, glasses, and flatware. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was nice. There was a couch, chair, flat screen TV, and a table with 2 chairs. It had recently been remodeled and you can tell by the nice floors and carpeting. There is a free breakfast buffet every morning and there is a free evening cocktail time with food on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. The food provided is enough for a meal, so we did not have to spend money at a restaurant. There is also complimentary beer and wine from 6 - 7:30. It was very nice and well attended. You do have to pay $18 a day for parking in an underground garage attached to the property. It is walking distance to the arena, baseball and football stadiums, and to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Norway, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was in Cleveland on business and stayed at this hotel with two collegues. So the positives first.... Hotel is in a great location. The baseball stadium is in walking distance along with many bars, shopping and restaurants. Nice downtown! I loved the architecture of the building - it had alot of character. The staff was very pleasant.
The room was spacious - I was in room 411 which had a Queen bed with a fireplace, kitchen, etc. The negatives - I could not get the room to cool down. It was like sleeping in a sauna. Also the phone in the room didn't work so I could not call the front desk to let them know and at midnight I was in no mood to take the elevator down four floors in my nightgown! Along with that the bed was not that comfortable nor were the pillow selections. Hence, I got very little sleep!
The next morning I went to plug in the hairdryer and curling iron and found that the GFI outlet in the bathroom did not work. I tried to reset it but it did not work.
The parking in the garage was narrow - just be aware.
Complimentary breakfast on the second floor was okay... nothing great but not terrible.
I would definately travel back to Cleveland as I loved the downtown area and would like to do some more exploring. However, I probably would not go back to the Residence Inn as there are lots of other options downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Awful. Stained carpets and items on the carpet so you KNOW it was not cleaned well. Stains on the 'clean' towels that are provided. The beds are old and mattress saggy, very-very dated and old. Basically I canceled my second night reservation and am leaving-there is NO way I can stay in this dump 2 nights. Avoid.\
Staff at the desk was pleasant-that was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were delighted with our stay at the Residence inn Cleveland Downtown. We arrived at 7:30 p.m. after a long drive from Toronto and we were immediately impressed with the excellent service from Arlene at reception. From there, it only got better as we entered our massive studio suite on the fifth floor. It was about three times the size of an average hotel room with a full kitchen.

The breakfast each day was fairly comprehensive and we soon learned that all employees were a pleasure to deal with. Parking at $18 a day is getting up there but it is a downtown location and if you are in Cleveland to see a ball game or one of the other local pro teams then you can't complain with where you're situated. If you like a beer check out the Winking Lizard or Flannery's Irish Pub. Both are nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Steve R, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Jimmy Comms,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent stay in Cleveland. I am very glad you enjoyed our unique hotel in downtown Cleveland. We hope to see you again during future visits and are here to help if there is anything you need. Thanks again.

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!