A lovely hotel in a great location, but ultimately I felt I was taken for my money. The two key problems that led to this conclusion was a general lack of attention to detail, and a ridiculous pet policy that was not disclosed in my confirmation e-mail. The most obvious example of the lack of attention to detail is the pick up/drop off in from of the hotel. There was a lineup to use the space, and I had to circle the block a few times to park. When I eventually parked, an employee explained the parking system (their lot was full), but he did not even offer to help with the bags. Once inside, I was told to go to Standard Parking with an address. Neither name nor address was on the parking building and there were about ten lots around, but I was given no clear directions until after repeatedly circling the block (again), I parked illegally (pick-up/drop off was occupied again) and asked for clearer instructions. When I finally checked in I was told their was a $100 charge for my pet. And if any damage occurred, including urine stains, a $1300 charge was to be levied. While I understand the hotel needs to protect itself from irresponsible pet owners, I can hardly imagine our mini poodle - let alone a pack of rottweillers - doing $1300 of damage. They also said in the contract (which I wouldn't have signed if I hadn't arrived two hours before a baseball game, making it hard to find another pet friendly hotel on short notice nearby) that if the dog was too loud, we could be kicked out. Red Roof - need I mention, a comparatively downscale hotel - simply asks for your cell phone if you are out and the dog is making noise so they can contact you. I did not feel welcomed but felt ripped off. We did get a free breakfast - the type I'd expect at an Economy Inn. As a final note, the room we were given was right beside an elevator. Not returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Studio Suite with separate living room, sleeping area and full-size kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio