“Cozy room, GREAT location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Cozy room, GREAT location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My fiance and I only stayed at this hotel one night but it was a great stay! We had a fireplace suite, which made the room both comfortable and cozy! It was a cute addition to the room. The hotel staff were all very friendly and personable. The location of the hotel is key. It is less then a block away from E. 4th Street which has a ton of restaurants and bars. Also, very close to the casino and right across the street from the Quicken Loans Arena. The location really makes this hotel great. Also, it's a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere long-term. The rooms have fully equipped kitchens with everything you would need from pots & pans to dishes & silverware. Try this hotel, I'm sure you'll love it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wellington, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Any parking in downtown cleveland can be difficult, but the staff told us exactly what to do. The overflow parking garage was fine and very close to the hotel. The rooms were great, clean, and nicely remodeled. Of course, it's a large hotel, so expect a little walk to your room. If you want a room close to the elevator, just let them know. Wonderful staff. Very good breakfast buffet with restaurant style seating. It's location is near everything, so plenty of sightseeing available. We had dinner at flannerys. Recommend sitting outside if weather permits as it's rather noisy inside. Their Guinness mushrooms rock! Had lunch at the tilted kilt. Great service all around!

Was thrilled to see the structure and unique features of the hotel kept and showcased so well!

Room Tip: Being a downtown hotel don't expected it to have panoramic views out of the windows. The archit...
Germantown MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Awesome location to walk to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (15minutes), Progressive Field and the arena. There are great restaurants all within one block and the casino is 2 blocks away. The hotel is lovely with high ceilings and a beautiful breakfast room. The room was well decorated, the appliances need updating, but it was quite and comfortable. We had a Toyota Highlander and parked in garage with ease. I saw some larger pickup trucks struggling to make the turns, so you may wish to leave the big vehicle at home.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is one of THE SINGLE BEST hotels I've ever stayed in. The LOCATION of this gem is absolutely perfect: it is within walking distance to everything you want to do in this part of Cleveland. Stayed here for 3 nights in mid August, 2013 to attend a convention (check out my review on the Renaissance Hotel in Cleveland). Less than 100 yards to Jacobs Field or the basketball arena (I know I know - it's not The Jake anymore, but it'll always be The Jake!) Less than 100 yards to the Casino and mall. If you are staying in this part of Cleveland, this hotel is ALL you need.
Old world glamour in a building that is over 100 years old. You can almost see the ladies in their tight corsets and full-length dresses walking with their parasol, escorted by the gent with his derby and chaps. I found the history of this building to be very interesting; throughout the hotel are large old pieces of furniture that most certainly are original to the building; gorgeous pieces!
Our room was VERY big; small, but full kitchen, king size bed, workstation and comfy couch. Full size closet near the bath for a longer stay, and gorgeous ceiling-high windows! Our window view was not super, but we didn't spend much time looking out the window - we spent more time looking at the interior walkway outside our door. The Arcade, as it is known, has a few stores and not much else, but what makes it so neat is being able to see the entire Arcade from outside your room door. You can walk on the balcony-type walkway down thru the Arcade - I just thought it was VERY cool.
The hotel still has bits and pieces of the old meshed with the new. There is a media center for the quick email check next to a pool table in the Billiard Parlor. The lobby has rich, wide, dark-stained wood trim, and super comfy sofas and chairs. The Staff is terrific! They get you what you need, and even though they are always there, you don't really notice them. They are superb at staying out of your way so you can enjoy your stay!
The parking lot for this hotel is the one and ONLY thing that was sort of ugh. It's trapped under the building next door, tight squeeze in and tight squeeze out. It's not very big, either, so don't bring the crew cab 4X4 when you come.
We had the option not to get fresh towels or linens (save the Environment!) and we chose to get fresh towels, but use the same linens. As with all Residence Inn's, we could have ordered food to be delivered, but since this was a business trip, most of my meals were taken care of. You get a full, buffet breakfast in the morning included in the cost of your room, too. Yum!
The hotel is a few steps from 4th Street, where there is an abundance of eateries - even the House of Blues is located here! 4th street is foot-traffic only.
I could write about this Residence Inn for another hour, but you need to check it out for yourself. I definitely will be back for a visit. Just a lovely, lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor has the balcony walkway around the arcade, and also the dining room for the full breakf...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We just checked out of the Residence Inn and I never write reviews for anything, however I must share what a wonderful experience we had at this establishment. This is the 3rd time my husband and I were visiting Cleveland and staying here and going forward I will never even consider another hotel. After our quick and delightful check in we walked into our room to find a hand written note welcoming us from housekeeping and leaving us a puzzle, crayons, drawing paper and ice cream for our son. We were staying with another couple and their son as well. We had made this clear from the time we made our reservation. Management called us and asked us if they could upgrade us for our comfort to a larger room. We were just delighted. Breakfast was delightful as well as the team preparing it. Every person we came into contact with at the hotel was friendlier than the next! I would not have changed one aspect of our stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I were pleased with our recent overnight stay at the Residence Inn in downtown Cleveland. We got a Studio King Suite, which was spacious, with a full kitchen, fridge, microwave, and stove. The living room had a desk, sofa, and chair with ottoman.

There was a fireplace, which I tried for novelty (it being summer), but I don't like ventless gas, as they burn without exhausting to the outside, leaving a burned gas smell. This one was no different.

The king-sized bed was comfortable, and the flat screen LG TV was well positioned, with a swivel so I could point it toward the living room and watch TV on CC after my wife went to bed.

The bathroom area had a sink and big counter outside the bathroom itself, with a nice tub and shower inside the bathroom.

Our room had big windows with a crappy view of the roof area, backed by some neighborhood construction project.

The room did not smell like anything. What a relief. It did not smell of mildew. It did not smell like air freshener. It did not smell damp. It did not smell like we had just descended into the Glades of purgatory.

The best part of the hotel, and the reason it ranks 5 stars, is that the staff was simply great. I joked at the front desk, "I didn't realize people in Cleveland were this nice." The young woman working the desk let us check in at 1:30 in the afternoon, without hesitation, and she and everyone else I encountered were genuine and helpful, without reservation.

People in Cleveland were nicer than they are in other cities. Really. Several people expressed surprise that we were vacationing in Ohio. We were on our way to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. And I would not hesitate to stop in Cleveland again and stay at the Residence Inn.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown when we saw the Cleveland Indians play. The hotel itself is built around a small older mall. It took some walking to get to our room but we had a wonderful space. There are multiple restaurants nearby within walking distance which were excellent.
The check-in process was difficult. It was a weekend and there was a late checkout, many folks were checking in before walking to the Indians game. Not to mention, the management had housekeeping staff call off sick. My compliments to the management staff though. They provided cold refreshments to everyone waiting and worked hard to get everyone rooms in a very efficient manner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!