“Go for the ambience!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Crop Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,570 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West 25th Street
“Go for the ambience!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The friendliest person there was the water man who filled up every moment he got... Our waiter was not that friendly and never really checked on us.. I wanted to eat my dessert with a cappuccino but he forgot it and charged me for it.. So I told him and he says "Oh...and a bad word i can't post on tripadvisor... sorry I forgot!!" And walked away! Uhmmmmm okay then!!! Didn't like hearing that language!!! Loved loved the ambience and food was good (a bit salty).. I wish this kind of place had a better service (some do!) so the customers can feel like their money was well spent at the end :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Anaheim, California
“Bank on the Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Crop is set inside a 1930's bank, with a ceiling that soars far overhead and murals above and on the walls. But as stunning as the decor is, it's the food that will bring you back. I live in California, but I've stopped at Crop on my way from the Cleveland airport to my destination an hour away just to dine @ Crop, alone at a table with my Ipad. I've also been there with a private event where more than 100 people were served ... and whether I was solo or part of a group, the service has been excellent.

Can we jump right to dessert? Because that's what brought me back, and I'm in a bit of a funk because I'm not finding the "Pretzel Unlogic" dessert on the menu right now. I hope it's just on vacation and planning to return in the fall ... it's a sort of pie type dessert, with chocolate cream, pretzel crust, malted whipped cream, and pretzel tuile. One of the best desserts I've ever had ... I mean, I came to Cleveland for that dessert!!

The neighborhood near the restaurant is a bit dicey, but there's valet parking. Besides the Pretzel Unlogic, you can, of course, have entrees and drinks and the usual. I like to choose the chef's special, but I've also enjoyed perfectly grilled salmon. A good selection of artisanal beers on draft are available too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“The place to be seen in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Cavernous does not begin to describe the size of this restaurant. Memorable does not adequately describe the food. Impeccable is not good enough to describe the service. Yes, it's that good. And yes, you will need reservations.

With everyone in one big dining room (in a beautiful old bank lobby) this is a superb place for people watching. You might see a few professional athletes. You might sit next to a local politician. We've seen chefs from other restaurant sitting on the other side of the room. Try to get a table in the slightly raised area on the North side of the room. From there you can see the bar, the kitchen and every table in the place. AND, everyone can see you. Lots of Cleveland's finest looking couples are here every night.

Try the Balsamic Popcorn as an appetizer. The daily Big Pile of Crop pasta special is always a good value and very inventive. EXCELLENT WINE LIST by the glass.

I would search out any new restaurants that Steve Schimoler wants to open!

canton
“Crop Rocks in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Located in a very cool area of Cleveland and in a beautifully restored building. We enjoyed the ambiance even though it is a huge open restaurant. We did not have any problems with acoustics. We were with a large group and everyone's food was delicious. The entree's our table had included long bone veal chop, filet, walleye, and pasta. Many of us shared a wedge salad and the kitchen was kind enough to split them all in the back and bring everyone out their share. The drinks are prepared nicely, not skimpy.

We really enjoyed Crop and will return

“Can you hear me now?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This restaurant is located in an old bank with a high ceiling perhaps accounting for acoustics that were challenging to carry on a normal conversation. However, the menu had something for everyone and our meals (4) were excellently prepared and tasteful. The service was also excellent. Would have easily given a 5 rating except for the noise level.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere