“There's No Missing The Blue Door!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brownstone Inn Downtown

Brownstone Inn Downtown
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Brownstone Inn Downtown
3649 Prospect Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115-2703   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Providence RI
“There's No Missing The Blue Door!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

There is no missing the inn from the street with it's distinctively blue door.

The Brownstone Inn is simply the place to be when staying in Cleveland. It's charm and comfort coupled with it's exquisite privacy, and a simply splendid breakfast which is a treat each morning was made to order. I had the delight and pleasure of spending four nights and five days at the inn. Apart from my time spent browsing through downtown, located directly down the street, or visiting the marvelous Cleveland Museum of Art open free to the public, the highlight of my stay was simply enjoying my time in my lavishly furnished and profusely art decorated room.

All in all I consider my stay there a wonderful experience. Robin Yates the owner knows full well I will be back again. Thank you Robin Yates for a memory made to order and the pleasant company thoughout the weekend.

• Liked — Comfort, Privacy, Breakfast, Hospitality, Cleanliness, Accesible Internet, Knowledable owner
  • Disliked — Lack of close walking distance food establisments and or convience stores and such.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

The Brownstone Inn Downtown in Cleveland, never ceases to please. We love staying because it feels like home. Thanks to Robin!

• Liked — the service
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

I have stayed at The Brownstone Inn several times - in fact every time that I go to Cleveland. It's so warm and so "other worldly". It's like you're in a different time - a better time. The rooms are charming and the beds are cozy. The Inn is full of antiques and art- such a nice change from a boring sterile hotel...

• Liked — the atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at the Brownstone Inn.
It was a great value and a great place to stay. It has lots of character and Robin Yates, the innkeeper is a great host and serves a wonderful breakfast. If I ever have reason to go back to Cleveland I would for sure stay here again.

• Liked — The character of the building
  • Disliked — there was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We just got back from the Brownstone Inn's cottage and really LOVED it! Note- this is a completely separate building from the main B&B, and you're on your own for breakfast, unlike the main B&B. We found the cottage to be more than a cottage- actually a small house with a large deck that includes an outdoor glasstop table and chairs. The best part is the great view of Lake Erie! I enjoyed my morning coffee indoors in the kitchen with the same view through the French doors. There are two nice-sized bedrooms with queen beds, and one twin in the little TV room off the back. The house has one full bath, but plenty of mirrors and outlets in the rooms for doing hair and makeup outside of the bath. The location was fantastic- we walked to a restaurant in Ohio City, and drove to the West Side Market within 10 minutes. Downtown is about a 5-minute drive away, and we drove to Edgewater State Park in about the same time. Do not expect a modern, wall-to-wall carpet hotel experience; this is an older, renovated home that is clean and has all the extras you need- plates, utensils, iron & board, pots, pans, etc. We enjoyed this unique home and its eclectic decor, and were sorry to have to leave!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

I found the Brownstone Inn while doing a Google search for alternatives to the impersonal hotels of Cleveland. I could not have been happier with the place or with the innkeeper - Robin Yates. I traveled there with my 15 year old nephew because we were on a mission to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before connecting with other family members for the holidays.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we arrived later than anticipated and learned that Robin had upgraded our rooms at no extra charge because we were the only two guests at the time due to a previous cancellation.

We also found that the house was amazing and decorated beautifully. Our rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. The place was spotlessly clean. The beds were great with wonderful sheets and mattresses with duvets - personally it was among the best sleeping I've had while traveling in recent memory. Free WiFi was also a great plus as I needed to stay connected to my work while on the road. Robin served a wonderful and healthy breakfast and provided a wealth of information about Cleveland before we set off for the day. He's an ardent supporter of the city and shared a lot of interesting facts.

I would highly recommend the Brownstone Inn to anyone who wants a refreshing change of pace while traveling.

Stayed December 2007
pittsburgh, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2007

The Brownstone Inn in Cleveland, Ohio is a city treasure. The house was built in 1874 and the inn keeper Robin Yates has invested much time and energy into your visual perception of the late 19th century. The inn majestically sits on Prospect Avenue and boasts 14 foot ceilings, but maintains an air of casual hospitality. Robin is a great host in Cleveland and has suggestions for any type of stay. I have primarily stayed in the inn on business trips but have come back for a week end stay to relax and enjoy the city. From Pittsburgh it is only a few hour drive to Cleveland. For a business stay it is great; a refrigerator is available for yogurt or leftovers. I would recommend this inn for both leisure and business stays, I feel like I am coming home at night after I leave the office.

Stayed October 2007

Been to Brownstone Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!