“My Second Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brownstone Inn Downtown

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Brownstone Inn Downtown
Save Saved
You added Brownstone Inn Downtown to your Saves list
3649 Prospect Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115-2703   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Christchurch
“My Second Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have lost count of the number of times I have stayed at the Brownstone Inn but every time it is just like coming home to my other home. All the way from New Zealand and I am exhausted by the time I arrive. Coffee is always ready...and good coffee.
Robin is his usual lovely self. Such a sweet man and so helpful. I can't begin to list the things he has done to help me out.
This time my mission was to purchase a car for my daughter and what do you know, Robin knew a great mechanic just around the corner who could check it out for me.
I consider I am so lucky to have this lovely place to stay. I have to add that I love the beds. I have stayed in lots of different rooms and the beds are so comfortable.
I was a little concerned this time as it was my first winter visit to Cleveland. There was snow the night I arrived. The house and my room were toasty warm.
If you are a woman travelling alone, this is a great place to stay. You feel very safe.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good but if you are fussy and need to have your own bathroom then you need...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Cleveland has riches. Robin Yates and his Brownstone Inn provide a unique and rich Cleveland history over breakfast with a nice mix of b&b like minded travelers.
Step back in history through the blue doors. There is nothing perfunctory. Cleveland history is alive and thriving through Robin's stories. 5 star hospitality .... Comfortable bed and pillows. We'll be back. Cleveland meets all our cultural, aesthetic and environmental proclivities.

• Stayed November 2013
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and just yesterday booked our next stay for a trip to Cleveland in October. Everything is great about this fantastic historic landmark! Love the hospitality, the ambiance, the comfy beds and clean amenities- Robin makes a fantastic breakfast to boot! We always look forward to our Cleveland visits when we know we can stay at The Brownstone Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dickerson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful stay in late May 2013 during a first-time visit to Cleveland. The Brownstone Inn is charming, as is the innkeeper, Robin Yates. He is a wealth of information about the city, its history, all it has to offer, and is a true ambassador for Cleveland. Our trip was so enriched by his stories and suggestions about activities, restaurants, etc. We planned certain activities before setting out for Cleveland -- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Indians baseball, the art museum, West Side Market, etc., but were so glad we left some gaps in our plan and could take advantage of some of Robin's suggestions; e.g., the submarine tour, the zoo rainforest, the conservatory/greenhouse at Rockefeller Park, Sweet Moses ice cream (sensational, never had better). We plan a return visit for some of what we missed and to repeat some favorites, including the Inn. Cleveland -- who knew. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I recently spent the weekend in Cleveland for the Jazzfest. I had seen an article for this B and B, and was able to reserve a room. Robin was extremely personable,and recommended different activities for this first time Cleveland visitor. He served a great breakfast, friendly guests. A historic B and B is not for everyone, but if you enjoy this sort of place; this one is excellent! I will return without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My recent stay in Cleveland was enhanced by staying at the Brownstone Inn. The inn is a wonderful period building which is worth a visit in and of itself. Robin, the owner, is wonderfully knowledgeable about the city's history as well as its present. His recommendations for things to see and do while were excellent as well. He's friendly and eager to help with any queries or circumstances (my flight was cancelled, but he was there with a smile when I arrived a day late to help me get settled in). If I return to Cleveland, I'll stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Brownstone Inn for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The historic building is beautiful and full of relics of Cleveland's past. The owner, Robin, is knowledgeable about the history of the city and the building itself and gives a fascinating history lesson to those who are interested. He provided us with recommendations of city sites and tips for navigating the city.

Our room was comfortable, large, and full of character. Consistent with other reviews, the room hadn't been dusted in a while but the rest of the room was clean. We had brought a laptop with us; however, be forewarned that there are no three-pronged outlets in the room (as would be expected with an historic home) so we had to use an outlet in the kitchenette to charge our laptop. That also means that there are no televisions in case you were expecting one!

Overall, it was a great stay. It was a short 5 minute drive to the theaters downtown. There isn't much directly around the B&B; however, with public transit or a car, nothing is too far away.

Room Tip: Take the advice from other travelers and go for the rooms with the ensuite bathroom!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Brownstone Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!