I struggle with this review. Generally a place is either just terrible or fantastic, occasionally terrible with great staff or a mix. This place isn't bad at all. It's clean, quiet and the beds are comfortable - generally the most important for a good nights sleep.
The staff from the front desk to the on-duty manager were fantastic.(I never asked to speak to a manager, she took it on herself to call me, which I appreciate).
So - the problem here is room design. The rooms are your typical design, walk in the door, bathroom off to the side and a big room with bed, TV and dresser at the foot of bed and a chair next to the bed. What's wrong is there is NO desk next to that TV/small dresser. There is a big open wall with a lamp and cord running along the wall. The exterior wall where you generally have a window and a chair or something has a narrow built in closet and a little alcove with a waist high table in it. This is your desk. So you have a desk chair and a tall table where, as I type for 10 minutes, my arms hurt from typing so high up.
Terrible terrible design, whomever designed this should not be designing hotel rooms. It is going to be a terrible 2 days here trying to work in this room. I will add however, they did actually add a box on the night stand with extra outlets and USB ports - kudos for that.
Staff A+++. Room design, pitiful. If you are a business traveler and need to actually work comfortably while in Cleveland. Avoid this hotel. If it's a leisure trip, go for it - I recommend.
I would give them 5 stars just for the friendly staff but as a business traveler who needs to spend some time working in my room the next 2 days it's 1 star, I pulled it up to a 2 to be nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate in comfortable and convenient hotels in Cleveland, Ohio at the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown, located 13 miles from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. This hotel in downtown Cleveland is perfectly situated near the greatest attractions that Cleveland has to offer. Visit the Playhouse Square Theater District, or catch a Cleveland Browns or Indians game during your visit. Enjoy a day of fun at The Greater Cleveland Aquarium, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Horseshoe Casino or visit Cleveland's financial district, all within walking distance from the hotel.Start your day right with our free hot breakfast and unwind in the evening at our lobby bar, open Monday through Saturday from 5.00pm to 11.00pm. Stay connected in our 24-hour business center and enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access in every guest room. The fitness center features cardio and weight equipment to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle. The Suite Shop is available 24-hours for snacks and beverages. Among downtown Cleveland hotels, you’ll find the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown is close to it all but far from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio