“Good value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Chicago
“Good value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I came in from Chicago for the Xmas Story 5k, it was walking distance from Tower City (mall) where the race started. This is my second time here and the service is good as is the free wifi and breakfast. The rooms are very clean. The valet company is not very professional nor customer friendly but move fast. My only real concern with this property is I've only been here twice and both times a hobo joined us in the breakfast area after using the bathroom, he wreaked.

• Stayed December 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
jsilva12,
We appreciate your review and return visit with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We hope you had a great time running in the Christmas Story 5k, and we're glad our accommodations, amenities, and location were perfectly suited for your travels. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have addressed your comments with our staff in order to heighten awareness and improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again.

614 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Found the Hampton Inn located in Downtown Cleveland, a super convient location. Was a 1/2 mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, very easy walk. Then we walked back to Hotel to freshen up and off to great places to eat less then 1/2 mile. Very clean, nice linens. Also, they have a super breakfast which is included with your night stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 704, which faced a beautiful Church. Considering it was snowing and 14 day until...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Judy C,
We're happy to hear from you, and thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. It's great to know our close proximity to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame added convenience to your stay, and you found our clean accommodations and complimentary breakfast to meet your satisfaction. Please plan to visit us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I chose this because it was within walking distance of my customer. I arrived on a very snowy night. The valet carefully explained the parking situation (valet only, $20, billed to room) and gave me a rather disappointed look when I handed him only a dollar tip. It was freezing outside and I didn't want to take the time to get change, but I felt bad for not being a little more generous. The next day, I bumped into another diner at breakfast (literally) and knocked some food out of his hands. I was about to mop up and the breakfast attendant smiled and said, "Ma'am, that's my job - I'll do it." I left my car at the Hampton all day and walked back from my meeting, again in a snowstorm. While waiting for my car, I handed a couple extra bucks to the guy who had parked my vehicle the night before. I explained I hadn't had any more singles. He gave me a broad smile and thanked me. I was pleased the hotel front desk let me store my bag all day, too.

Room Tip: I was in 1511. The high floor makes it quiet from a street-noise perspective, but the rooms numbered...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
professordoctormom,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad our staff's service and sincere hospitality made for a pleasant stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Overall the facilities are average. Room was clean, but hallways were dingy. Plus: It's near the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Minus: There are few restaurants open over the weekend and hotel directory of restaurants that deliver is inaccurate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Paul O,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. It's great to know our clean accommodations and close proximity to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us and we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Not too bad. but not top of the line either. The staff was very helpful. Fairly typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Fruit was fresh and good. Housekeeping was very good. I feel that I got my money's worth. Minor nits, like the elevators being slow and one not working. This hotel is very convenient to everything downtown. I'd really say this is not quite a "4" but definitely on the order of "3.75."

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
throckmortonSanaa,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as areas we can enhance guest satisfaction. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and found our helpful staff, clean accommodations, and convenient location well suited for your travels. We hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again.

St. Pete, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night so that we could visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday. Parking is valet only for $20, but we could keep the car with them through Sunday, and there was no problem having them bring it around so we could stow our luggage after checking out. The location was great...about four blocks to the Hall, and also walking distance to Progressive Field, First Energy Stadium, and a number of restaurants and lounges.

The check-in staff was friendly and helpful. The room was not huge, but definitely spacious enough. Everything was clean and looked well maintained. The king size bed was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was included. And the price was reasonable as well. I would certainly stay here again on any future visit to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelR86,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our location, accommodations, and service to meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Clarion, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Recently, we spent the weekend in Cleveland. The check-in staff were awesome and very helpful. The room decor, bathrooms, and overall appearance of the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was tasty and nicely done. The downtown casino was an easy 10 minute walk. I would have no reservations with staying at this hotel when I return to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
cessnapilot2,
Thank you writing a review from your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, our friendly staff, and convenient location. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!