“Nice rooms, pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Sterling Heights, MI
“Nice rooms, pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I chose this because it was within walking distance of my customer. I arrived on a very snowy night. The valet carefully explained the parking situation (valet only, $20, billed to room) and gave me a rather disappointed look when I handed him only a dollar tip. It was freezing outside and I didn't want to take the time to get change, but I felt bad for not being a little more generous. The next day, I bumped into another diner at breakfast (literally) and knocked some food out of his hands. I was about to mop up and the breakfast attendant smiled and said, "Ma'am, that's my job - I'll do it." I left my car at the Hampton all day and walked back from my meeting, again in a snowstorm. While waiting for my car, I handed a couple extra bucks to the guy who had parked my vehicle the night before. I explained I hadn't had any more singles. He gave me a broad smile and thanked me. I was pleased the hotel front desk let me store my bag all day, too.

Room Tip: I was in 1511. The high floor makes it quiet from a street-noise perspective, but the rooms numbered...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
professordoctormom,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad our staff's service and sincere hospitality made for a pleasant stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Overall the facilities are average. Room was clean, but hallways were dingy. Plus: It's near the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Minus: There are few restaurants open over the weekend and hotel directory of restaurants that deliver is inaccurate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Paul O,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. It's great to know our clean accommodations and close proximity to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us and we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Not too bad. but not top of the line either. The staff was very helpful. Fairly typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Fruit was fresh and good. Housekeeping was very good. I feel that I got my money's worth. Minor nits, like the elevators being slow and one not working. This hotel is very convenient to everything downtown. I'd really say this is not quite a "4" but definitely on the order of "3.75."

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
throckmortonSanaa,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as areas we can enhance guest satisfaction. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and found our helpful staff, clean accommodations, and convenient location well suited for your travels. We hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again.

St. Pete, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night so that we could visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday. Parking is valet only for $20, but we could keep the car with them through Sunday, and there was no problem having them bring it around so we could stow our luggage after checking out. The location was great...about four blocks to the Hall, and also walking distance to Progressive Field, First Energy Stadium, and a number of restaurants and lounges.

The check-in staff was friendly and helpful. The room was not huge, but definitely spacious enough. Everything was clean and looked well maintained. The king size bed was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was included. And the price was reasonable as well. I would certainly stay here again on any future visit to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelR86,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our location, accommodations, and service to meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Clarion, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Recently, we spent the weekend in Cleveland. The check-in staff were awesome and very helpful. The room decor, bathrooms, and overall appearance of the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was tasty and nicely done. The downtown casino was an easy 10 minute walk. I would have no reservations with staying at this hotel when I return to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
cessnapilot2,
Thank you writing a review from your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, our friendly staff, and convenient location. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Ortonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel, for being in the heart of downtown Cleveland is very reasonably priced and offers a nice breakfast, friendly staff, clean / quiet rooms, all in a safe location. It was perfect for the two weeks I visited Cleveland for business purposes. A++

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Matthew F,
We appreciate you selecting Hampton Inn Cleveland for your business travels, and we thank you for sharing your experience. I'm pleased to know our friendly staff, great location, and value added amenities made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you once again for writing.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hotel has a great location within walking distance of major attractions and convenient to public transportation; staff very friendly and helpful. Great value for the money. Highly recommended and would stay at this location again when traveling to Cleveland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of Hampton Inn Cleveland. We're pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay, along with our friendly staff, central location, and the value added amenities that we're proud to offer our guests. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again soon. Thanks again.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!