“Always a Great Value for Downtown Cleveland” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Chicago, Illinois
“Always a Great Value for Downtown Cleveland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at this property in the past, and will again in the future. The staff is always very friendly and warm, the rooms are clean and affordable, and the location is convenient. There was a large convention and the place was really packed, but the staff was all smiles.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet and off the city streets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Mlindzy,
Thank you for your complimentary feedback on our great hotel and friendly team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at the Hampton Inn. We’ve enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
North Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Besides the church bell tolling and keeping us awake (daytime only), we had a great stay. Love the free breakfast. Breakfast was slightly different every morning and there is something for everyone, not just bagels and danish like other hotels. Staff was nice and friendly. Valet service was good. I would like regular parking (i don't usually carry cash).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
A TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary breakfast and friendly service. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here last September, I recommended this hotel to my parents who would be visiting the Cleveland Clinic for surgery.
I called two days prior to inquire about ADA facilities and assistance the staff might offer to my aging parents upon their arrival. My questions were answered with concern & empathy.
My parents made reservations for two nights only.
Being technologically challenged, theiy had difficulty using a GPS and made poor drinking decisions which added several miles and hours to their trip.
I called the hotel to explain of their delay and was told they had been in touch with my folks trying to give them directions.
When my parents arrived, my mother told me they practically rushed the car to assist them into the hotel. A wheel chair was at the ready.
Note: my father can barley walk & mom does so at a shuffle.
The hotel / valet staff helped my father in & out of a wheelchair and vehicle on serveral occasions. When I witnessed these men being so gentle and caring to a stranger, I was moved.
When I arrived to help my folks, I found a refrigerator and microwave in their room. When I commented that I didn't believe the room came with them, mom said,"it didn't. They were nice to bring them to us because my medication needs to remain cold."

Because their stay was lengthened, due to medical reasons, they were planning to move to a less expensive hotel, However, Pop (the sick one) said he wanted to stay, because everyone is so nice and they continue to go out of their way to help us.

It's as if the entire staff knows my folks are here and trying to recover from challenges of getting older. Just this morning, a housekeeper stopped to check on them and spent a few min. with mom to let her know she was praying for us.

This review is far too long already so I'll stop...even though I could go on.
The care & concern my folks have received from the entire hotel & valet staff is remarkable. Truly outstanding & touching.

Keep it up. You are successful in doing more than providing overnight accommodations....much, much more

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Brennon O,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your parent’s experience with us at the Hampton Inn. I appreciate you recommending our hotel to your parents, and I hope everything went well with your father’s surgery. We have a great team here that is dedicated to providing each guest with exceptional service, and I’m pleased to hear that your parents felt well taken care of throughout their stay. We value you and your family as our guests and hope you’ll plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

Milford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We bought the Rock and Roll Hall package that includes 2 admission tickets/valet parking and the 1-nite stay with breakfast. It was a great choice. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the museum.
We had a king size room on the 14th floor....comfy and clean bed/room. The hotel does have a small lounge area that serves cocktails. Nice hot breakfast in the morning.

We would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
adrian16,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn. I hope you had a great time at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed your stay in our clean and comfortable rooms. Please plan to visit us again the next time you’re in Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Full time business traveler: I would give this hotel close to 4 stars thought not quite 4. The hotel is a nice property. It is not opulent but it has a nice exterior (15 floors). There is a 24 hour valet service though i recommend cabs while staying here (they have a good car service available for a small fee). The lobby area is fairly nice, the bar area (yes they do have a lounge/bar area open evening until 10 or 11pm) is quite nice, a decently stocked 'store' for buying snacks/drinks/etc. Typical Hampton layout for coffee/tea, breakfast area (thougn well above what many rural Hamptons would be like). All staff was pleasant and helpful, Diamond/gold Hilton Honors members are presented with a display line up of free snack choice and drink choice (nice touch for some Hamptons to do). Elevator service was good.
The room itself was outfitted very nicely with work space, lots of outlets for device powering/charging, decently sized, Audio/Video was good, more than adequate bathroom, good environmental controls, fairly good shower/water pressure.
The hotel is situated fairly close to some nice areas of Cleveland. They are not right across the street but 5 to 10 minutes of walking will get you to multiple good spots for eating and entertainment. There is a subway sandwich shop and a pizzeria right across the street. There is a Right Aid (or Walgreens or the like) 3 minute walk away.
One item I thought odd. It appears all the Suites (large, semi separate living room) are situated directly adjacent to the elevators.(at least that is what it appears to me). You will get elevator noise in the living room. To me this a very odd layout, however, I did not hear much noise when in the bedroom portion of the room. This kind of noice does not bother me but I can see it bothering those that are very light sleepers. For those I recommend not going with suite and staying away from the elevator.
I have no complaints about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. The value is definitely above average for a downtown of a major metro area. If you are looking for a bit of downtown hotel opulence, I recommend looking elsewhere. If you are looking for a nice, comfortable, very solidly decent accommodations I definitely recommend it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
All-Fifty-2013,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn while in town on business. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, our property and the amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel to future travelers. We hope to see you again soon.

Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is clean and staff helpful and attentive over all a pleasant stay. This hotel has no Swimming pool, Restaurant, or bar. The free breakfast buffet is average and has what you expect at a buffet. Nice hotel good location would stay again.

Room Tip: This hotel has no Swimming pool, Restaurant, or bar. Nice hotel good location
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Alexander M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn. I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our great location and friendly staff. We hope you visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my go to hotel when I am traveling in area since this hotel offers great value downtown. The breakfast is great, when I was there there were huge groups of students and the staff did fabulous job keeping breakfast stocked. Tip: There is a nearby parking garage off Rockwell.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
peacepax,
It’s great to hear from you! We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn as your go to hotel when traveling to Cleveland. We have a great staff that is dedicated to providing each guest with a satisfying experience, so I appreciate your kind comments on their excellence in service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Cleveland. Thank you again for writing.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!