“Very Clean and Great HotelBut Not wifi is not free to everyone” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Lewiston, Maine
“Very Clean and Great HotelBut Not wifi is not free to everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I thought the hotel was very clean and the service great. Caution Call ahead to find out how to get the free internet. It is not Free for everyone!! as advertised. Our room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. Valet is $20.00 plus tip, or you park on street.there is a garage but that cost the some amount as the valet. The pool is small but inside.

Room Tip: If you like a room with view then ask for a room on the 11 floor or above. very pretty view of the l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
bumpylee,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hampton Inn. I'm glad you found our hotel clean, service great, and room comfortable. We welcome you to come and visit us again the next time you're in Cleveland.

621 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is an excellent, well-priced hotel in downtown Cleveland. My room (on the top floor) was very comfortable, clean and functional. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is excellent - much improved since the hotel's renovation last year. The hotel is located fairly close to an area that has several restaurants - off Superior Ave, there are a number of great restaurants (mexican, vietnamese, upscale italian, coffee shops, etc.). And a minor thing - the TV has probably one of the most extensive selection of channels compared to many hotels I stay at. Finally, while I did not try it - they have a bar off the lobby. This is rare for Hampton Inns, and a nice addition!

cls4,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your pleasant stay with us at Hampton Inn. It sounds like you've stayed with us before so we welcome you back and appreciate your kind compliments. I'm pleased you liked our renovations, and I'm glad our delicious breakfast, convenient location, and wide channel selections were all positives for you! We hope you'll come and visit us again. Safe travels.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the service, location and cleanliness. The room we had was large, comfortable and completly updated. The breakfast in the morning was above average with dozens of options/food selections hot and cold. We love to visit Cleveland for all of the obvious reasons and will again stay at the Hampton Inn. It is great to be 3 blocks from the bars and restaruants. The only drawback was the $20per night valet parking fee but we expect to pay for parking--much better/safer and easier than parking in NYC!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
opb154,
We're happy to hear from you and appreciate your kind review. I'm glad you and your wife had a nice time visiting Cleveland and especially enjoyed our hotel. We hope you'll make plans to visit us again. There are many great events planned in Cleveland this year, so we hope to see you again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for a work conference. The conference was at the Marriott just 3 blocks down the road but I stayed here and saved well over $75. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best ones I have seen. The room was clean and inviting and free internet access was a plus and easy to connect. My only reason for giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is the air quality in the room. The heat/fan ran most of the night due to the cold weather but the air was incredibly dry. The bed was incredibly comfortable but I woke up at least 3 times during the night with an incredibly dry throat. One time I was having difficulty breathing/swallowing it was so dry. I'm not sure this would be something fixable as I've experience something similar in other hotels but was really my only complaint. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something with a downtown location. I know I will be coming back with the family to visit some local attractions.

Tony P,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hampton Inn, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our complimentary breakfast and found it to be one of your favorites. We hope you will return with your family and stay with us. There are many attractions within walking distance and Cleveland is a great town to visit. Thanks again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I took a weekend trip to Cleveland this weekend (1/18-1/20) and chose the Hampton Inn for its proximity to several of the main tourist attractions, etc. (You can walk to the science center, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the sports stadiums) The valet parking was convenient given the blustery weather, the hotel's hallways and rooms were updated and the staff was friendly. On our second night, we had slamming doors and yelling in the hallways from 2-3:30 a.m. I kept hoping it would go away but should have called the front desk to complain.

When I mentioned it the next morning, the staff admitted they'd had a problem on a different floor and agreed that I should have let them know as they have security at night on the weekends. They suggested that they rarely if ever had problems during the week when the patrons are mostly business people.

The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn--my consistent gripe year after year is that when scrambled eggs are offered, they're pretty lackluster. The omelets are much better.

The price was right, the location was good, and other than the noisy neighbors and a squeaky bathroom door, everything was lovely. We would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stonerjc,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your wife staying with us while visiting Cleveland. I hope you had a nice time visiting some of the nearby venues. I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel and felt well received by our staff. I apologize for the noisy neighbors. If notified, we would have put a stop to it right away because we don't tolerate rowdiness that keeps other guests from getting a good night's sleep. We hope you and your wife will plan another special getaway to Cleveland and visit us again. We will keep things quiet for you and provide another exceptional stay.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Only about 5 minutes walking to the new casino. Across from a subway and 2 other small restaurants that do carry out or dine in. Had the flatbread for lunch, very good. Rooms were very modern with laptop area, and other basic ammenties, but just everything was very modern. Breakfast had everything you need to get started in the morning. Check out and in was very smooth.

jetlag89,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Hampton Inn and enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to know that you liked our modern hotel, delicious breakfast, and convenient location to many venues. I hope you had a great time in Cleveland! Please plan to visit us again.
Cold Bay, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My family of four stayed here for one night as a halfway stop between Kentucky and New York, and I wanted to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I called them because they had a package deal online, but the lady who answered the phone was nice enough to tell me it would be cheaper for me to pay a la carte since I qualify for military discounts. I think I paid $106 a night. The hotel is on a main drag between the baseball stadium and the museum, so it's convenient for those going to one or the other. Valet parking only as far as I know, and I think it was $10 a night. Room was very nice, almost posh. Breakfast room was crowded but a good hot meal. Elevators worked, staff were friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
BavariaJG,
Thank you for your nice review. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Cleveland. I hope you and your family enjoyed your visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Please make plans to visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest.
Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!