“excellent location with many updates” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Rochester, New York
“excellent location with many updates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the service, location and cleanliness. The room we had was large, comfortable and completly updated. The breakfast in the morning was above average with dozens of options/food selections hot and cold. We love to visit Cleveland for all of the obvious reasons and will again stay at the Hampton Inn. It is great to be 3 blocks from the bars and restaruants. The only drawback was the $20per night valet parking fee but we expect to pay for parking--much better/safer and easier than parking in NYC!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
opb154,
We're happy to hear from you and appreciate your kind review. I'm glad you and your wife had a nice time visiting Cleveland and especially enjoyed our hotel. We hope you'll make plans to visit us again. There are many great events planned in Cleveland this year, so we hope to see you again soon.
Mike Reidy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for a work conference. The conference was at the Marriott just 3 blocks down the road but I stayed here and saved well over $75. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best ones I have seen. The room was clean and inviting and free internet access was a plus and easy to connect. My only reason for giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is the air quality in the room. The heat/fan ran most of the night due to the cold weather but the air was incredibly dry. The bed was incredibly comfortable but I woke up at least 3 times during the night with an incredibly dry throat. One time I was having difficulty breathing/swallowing it was so dry. I'm not sure this would be something fixable as I've experience something similar in other hotels but was really my only complaint. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something with a downtown location. I know I will be coming back with the family to visit some local attractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tony P,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hampton Inn, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our complimentary breakfast and found it to be one of your favorites. We hope you will return with your family and stay with us. There are many attractions within walking distance and Cleveland is a great town to visit. Thanks again.
Mike Reidy
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I took a weekend trip to Cleveland this weekend (1/18-1/20) and chose the Hampton Inn for its proximity to several of the main tourist attractions, etc. (You can walk to the science center, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the sports stadiums) The valet parking was convenient given the blustery weather, the hotel's hallways and rooms were updated and the staff was friendly. On our second night, we had slamming doors and yelling in the hallways from 2-3:30 a.m. I kept hoping it would go away but should have called the front desk to complain.

When I mentioned it the next morning, the staff admitted they'd had a problem on a different floor and agreed that I should have let them know as they have security at night on the weekends. They suggested that they rarely if ever had problems during the week when the patrons are mostly business people.

The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn--my consistent gripe year after year is that when scrambled eggs are offered, they're pretty lackluster. The omelets are much better.

The price was right, the location was good, and other than the noisy neighbors and a squeaky bathroom door, everything was lovely. We would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
stonerjc,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your wife staying with us while visiting Cleveland. I hope you had a nice time visiting some of the nearby venues. I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel and felt well received by our staff. I apologize for the noisy neighbors. If notified, we would have put a stop to it right away because we don't tolerate rowdiness that keeps other guests from getting a good night's sleep. We hope you and your wife will plan another special getaway to Cleveland and visit us again. We will keep things quiet for you and provide another exceptional stay.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Only about 5 minutes walking to the new casino. Across from a subway and 2 other small restaurants that do carry out or dine in. Had the flatbread for lunch, very good. Rooms were very modern with laptop area, and other basic ammenties, but just everything was very modern. Breakfast had everything you need to get started in the morning. Check out and in was very smooth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jetlag89,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Hampton Inn and enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to know that you liked our modern hotel, delicious breakfast, and convenient location to many venues. I hope you had a great time in Cleveland! Please plan to visit us again.
Cold Bay, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My family of four stayed here for one night as a halfway stop between Kentucky and New York, and I wanted to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I called them because they had a package deal online, but the lady who answered the phone was nice enough to tell me it would be cheaper for me to pay a la carte since I qualify for military discounts. I think I paid $106 a night. The hotel is on a main drag between the baseball stadium and the museum, so it's convenient for those going to one or the other. Valet parking only as far as I know, and I think it was $10 a night. Room was very nice, almost posh. Breakfast room was crowded but a good hot meal. Elevators worked, staff were friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
BavariaJG,
Thank you for your nice review. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Cleveland. I hope you and your family enjoyed your visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Please make plans to visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest.
Portland, ME
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

In Cleveland for two nights on business and found this hotel in a great location. It is a 20-minute cab ride from the airport ($34) and within walking distance of the Horseshoe Casino, Tower City area, and several restaurants. I did not walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because it was raining, but it is less than a mile from there too.

The hotel is very nice with a typical Hampton Inn breakfast, cookies in the evening, and fruit/coffee available all day. My room overlooked a church and E 9th St, but it was not noisy.

Unfortunately, my biggest complaint is that after returning from my first day in Cleveland, my room was not cleaned! It was exactly as I left it, with the bed not made, no fresh towels, and nothing tidied up. I notified the front desk clerk and she apologized and gave me fresh towels from the housekeeping closet, but informed me that there was no housekeeping staff on duty. Since I was by myself and only there for two nights, the lack of housekeeping was not a big deal, but it was definitely bizarre.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DCDave238,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We greatly appreciate having had you as our guest, and we're glad you liked our hotel. I apologize for the housekeeping mishap. Your feedback is very important to me so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I planned to stay the weekend in Cleveland to attend a Nutcracker performance by the russian ballet and, of course, the rock n roll hall of fame. I always put alot of effort into choosing a hotel as I am extremely picky. But we didn't want to spend a rediculous amount of money on a room we wouldn't be in much. I've traveled alot and stayed in many Hamptons. I'm usually partial to the Embassy Suites but reviews and price led me to the Hampton. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! The valet that greeted us were extremely prompt and courteous. our check in was fast and efficient. we were on the 7th floor. Our room was nicer than any Hampton I've stayed in. It had a art deco/1920s feel to it. nice reddish brown color on the walls. nice fixtures throughout highly complimented the room. variety of lighting added nice ambiance. there was a handy little desk 'nook' with plenty of room for ice bucket, wine, snacks & outlets for cell phone chargers. beautiful solid wood closet to hang coats & garments. The beds were very comfortable with gorgeous fluffy white duvet covers. very inviting! the bathroom had a nice comfortable ambiance as well. cozy hotel room that we wouldnt have minded spending time in if we had it. The breakfast in the morning was probably the best complimentary hotel breakfast we have ever had! for starters, the eating area was quite roomy and cheerful. There was such an array of food, the choices were difficult. lots of hot food (the attendant told us the hot choices change daily). turkey sausages, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, an english muffin thingy that had eggs, bacon, & melted cheese on top. hot oatmeal, huge fruit salad with green and orange melons, strawberries, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple. yogurt. basically everything you could even imagine for breakfast. the juice dispenser had 4 choices: all very tasty! took us an hour to eat (grabbed a free newspaper, our enormous breakfast, and a coffee and we stuck around for awhile longer than we planned). really, very nice. we will make this our overnight stay every time we visit cleveland. we walked to the public auditorium and to downtown. they even have a calendar posted inside the elevator. very nice little touches. I like that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
cinnabar42,
Thank you for your kind review. We're very glad to hear of your enjoyable time with us at Hampton Inn. I'm pleased you liked our modern hotel, delicious breakfast, and friendly staff. We aim to please so it sounds like you were very pleased. I hope you had a good time in downtown Cleveland as well. Please make plans to see us again soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!