“Theifs” 1 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“Theifs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall is very nice, great location, and very clean. However while we were out at night we came back to our hotel room to find that someone was in our room, went through our stuff and stole 500 dollars worth of electronics. When we confronted the hotel staff about this they could do nothing. No cameras in the hallways. The hotels policy is to put valuables in the hotel safety deposit box when your not in the room, to have to bring your laptop or tablet to the front desk every time you want to go somewhere is a little crazy. So it only cost us an additional 500 dollars to stay here. If you like to bring your electronics out of town with you, then this place is not for you.

• Stayed October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Awestfall

Thank you for recognizing our hotel and its location & cleanliness, I’d like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit. I was made aware that you reported some items missing from your room during your stay. I’m pleased to see our staff handled it properly and immediately notified the local police that spoke with you.

I left a voicemail for you in your room on Monday in an attempt to connect with you to discuss this and the damaged toilet our staff found in your room. I’m sorry we never had the chance to discuss this in person. I was trying to contact you to let you know I instructed our maintenance team to interrogate the lock in your room and review the readings with you I wanted to share the printed lock trail with you as it indicated the keys issued to you upon check in were the only keys to open the lock that day. On Saturday October 6th our staff serviced the room and made it available to occupy at 2:40pm. The lock trail coincided with your check in time on October 6th at 5:05pm when you were issued 2 keys, the first key was inserted into the lock at 5:23pm and the lock was again opened at 6:40pm by the same key. On October 7th your first issued key opened the lock at 3:50am, Additional openings were made by the second key issued to you at 4:11am, 4:48am, and the first key again at 9:46am. The records indicate that a member of housekeeping then entered your room at 1:31pm to provide housekeeping service.

Our records indicate you also had another room checked in under your name for the same dates. Perhaps someone traveling with you picked up your items and may not have realized it? Is it possible that you left your items behind in one of the local restaurants or establishments you visited? I’d be happy to assist you in contacting them to see if any lost and found items were turned in if you would like. If I can be of further assistance or you would like to discuss this in detail please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a great stay at the Hampton Inn in Cleveland this weekend. The hotel was beautiful! It offered friendly service, free hot and cold breakfast, and free Internet throughout the whole hotel!

We stayed in the two queen bed suite. It was spacious and offered two large flat screen TV's with about 75 channels.

There were few amenities - so no pools etc. but it I very central.

Parking was ok - it is valet only for $20 per night but the staff are friendly and we only had to wait approximately 5-10 minutes each time for the car. I wish there was an option for self park as tipping is usually recommended.

Maid service- it was extremely clean but at the same time I was very confused when we arrived back to the hotel at 4 pm and the room had not been made up yet. That would have been my only complaint.

Breakfast - it was included with our stay and there were a ton of options. Hot breakfast, fruit, waffles, eggs, etc.

Cleveland - hmmm as it turns out Cleveland is a dead city unless it is game night. The majority of places close at 9. People do not live in the city so there are few options for eating out, shopping, etc. this is the only place I have travelled to that I can say the suburbs offer more than the city. I do not recommend Cleveland at all unless...
1. You are going to a sporting event.
2. You love outlet shopping- there is an awesome outlet mall called Aurora Farms. I have travelled a lot and this is by far the best outlet shopping I have seen. Still can't say that this alone is worth the drive to Cleveland.
3. If you include the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on your bucket list.

Other than that don't go to Cleveland. It is a ghost town - everyone lives and breathes sports, hence 3 stadiums to cater to a population of 400,000 who live in the outskirts.
73,200 browns
20,000 cavaliers
43,000 progressive

That is about a 3rd of the population of Cleveland. Enough said.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
santinaelizabeth,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guests, and glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our beautiful hotel and slept well in our spacious, comfortable rooms. Please join us again soon.
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn in Downtown Cleveland this past weekend. It is within walking distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the beautiful lake front, Browns stadium, casino, and restaurants.
Hotel was great, very nice room with comfortable beds. The Continental
breakfast was amazing, large variety of food choices, and food was constantly being restocked. I would recomend this hotel and would definitely stay at the Hampton Inn the next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
travelgirl4045,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn. I'm glad you liked our breakfast buffet, especially the wide variety. Please plan to stay with us again the next time you visit Cleveland.
Mechanicsburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Hampton Inn is located in downtown Cleveland and within walking distance to all three sports venues, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Science Center, and lots of restaurants and bars. It's a very clean and very comfortable hotel. The rooms are a nice size with comfy beds, nice TV, plenty of closet space, and a roomy bathroom. Breakfast each morning was very nice. The people here are extremely friendly and accommodating. We forgot our corkscrew, and the kitchen staff went out of their way to find one for us. Valet parking is convenient and priced as well as any other city. The only thing that kept me from rating them an "excellent" is the housekeeping staff and their failure to restock towels and washcloths in the room. By the end of our three days, we had one hand towel and one washcloth because they did not replace the ones we laid on the floor. The other issue with housekeeping is on our second day, they came knocking on our door at 8 a.m., I assume to make up the room. We were not leaving until the next day, so I don't know why they would be disturbing us that early. Otherwise, we will definitely consider staying here on our next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor to avoid people walking over me, especially on football wee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
8788donna,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. I have read your comments about the housekeeping issues and will discuss them with our staff. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope you had a good time in our great city of Cleveland and will return for another wonderful visit.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hampton Inn downtown Cleveland had great service and friendly staff to assist every need.
We stay there every time we visit cleveland and are always completely satisfied.
They have just recently remodeled and we were pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Complimentary breakfast served every day!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
willmary_11,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downton. It's great to know you're a regular customer and found our remodel a pleasant surprise. We're glad you like it. I hope your future travels will bring you back to Cleveland again and you'll come and visit us soon.
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend with hubby. We stayed in a King Bed room. The room was quite comfortable. Bathroom was large. Everything looked very new. Free breakfast had the most items of any free breakfast I've ever eaten. Everything was refilled as soon as it ran out and everything was delicious. Front desk and valet staff were very friendly and accomodating. As for the location, it is located centrally to pretty much everything in downtown Cleveland. Would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
travelchap13,

We’re happy to hear from you and receive a wonderful review about your stay with us. I’m glad you liked our comfortable, spacious rooms as well as our delicious breakfast buffet. We hope you enjoyed your time in Cleveland and we welcome you to come and stay with us again.

Cheers,
Michael Reidy, General Manager
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in the middle of it all, walking distance to many activities, sporting event and venues. We walked to a Browns game one night then an Indians game the next afternoon. Actually caught the Friday night Indians fireworks show while walking to a restaurant after the football game. The room was spacious, very clean and well appointed. We were nervous about the valet parking but all worked out well, it's convenient and quick. Breakfast was ample and seating sufficient. All around good experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Lesky,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your pleasant stay with us at Hampton. We’re glad you liked our hotel and found it to be in a great location for all of your events. It sounds like you had a very busy weekend so I’m pleased that we were able to provide a comfortable place for you to rest. Cleveland has many more attractions to offer so I hope you’ll come back for another visit and stay with us again soon.

All the best,
Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!