My husband and I had a great stay at the Hampton Inn in Cleveland this weekend. The hotel was beautiful! It offered friendly service, free hot and cold breakfast, and free Internet throughout the whole hotel!
We stayed in the two queen bed suite. It was spacious and offered two large flat screen TV's with about 75 channels.
There were few amenities - so no pools etc. but it I very central.
Parking was ok - it is valet only for $20 per night but the staff are friendly and we only had to wait approximately 5-10 minutes each time for the car. I wish there was an option for self park as tipping is usually recommended.
Maid service- it was extremely clean but at the same time I was very confused when we arrived back to the hotel at 4 pm and the room had not been made up yet. That would have been my only complaint.
Breakfast - it was included with our stay and there were a ton of options. Hot breakfast, fruit, waffles, eggs, etc.
Cleveland - hmmm as it turns out Cleveland is a dead city unless it is game night. The majority of places close at 9. People do not live in the city so there are few options for eating out, shopping, etc. this is the only place I have travelled to that I can say the suburbs offer more than the city. I do not recommend Cleveland at all unless...
1. You are going to a sporting event.
2. You love outlet shopping- there is an awesome outlet mall called Aurora Farms. I have travelled a lot and this is by far the best outlet shopping I have seen. Still can't say that this alone is worth the drive to Cleveland.
3. If you include the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on your bucket list.
Other than that don't go to Cleveland. It is a ghost town - everyone lives and breathes sports, hence 3 stadiums to cater to a population of 400,000 who live in the outskirts.
That is about a 3rd of the population of Cleveland. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate in comfortable and convenient hotels in Cleveland, Ohio at the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown, located 13 miles from Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. This hotel in downtown Cleveland is perfectly situated near the greatest attractions that Cleveland has to offer. Visit the Playhouse Square Theater District, or catch a Cleveland Browns or Indians game during your visit. Enjoy a day of fun at The Greater Cleveland Aquarium, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Horseshoe Casino or visit Cleveland's financial district, all within walking distance from the hotel.Start your day right with our free hot breakfast and unwind in the evening at our lobby bar, open Monday through Saturday from 5.00pm to 11.00pm. Stay connected in our 24-hour business center and enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access in every guest room. The fitness center features cardio and weight equipment to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle. The Suite Shop is available 24-hours for snacks and beverages. Among downtown Cleveland hotels, you’ll find the Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown is close to it all but far from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio