“Great location and a great room....thanks, Brittany.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Danville Knox County, Ohio
“Great location and a great room....thanks, Brittany.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

As part of a "Boy's Weekend"; my son and I stayed here on Hilton Honors points. Upon arrival; I found out my room had been upgraded. Great! Unfortunately, as Brittany was checking us in; our room was given to someone else checking in at the same time. Rats! After discussions; we were asked to come back in about 30 minutes and our new room would be ready. We walked a couple of blocks toward the lake and watched some of the Air Show from a parking lot. (Cleveland Browns Stadium, the Rock and Roll HOF, Great Lakes Science Center and the USS Cod are all close by).

Upon returning to the hotel we found we had been upgraded to a two room suite. Awesome! The room was very nice. My son thought it was very cool to have two flat screens tvs. Really, enjoyed the stay. Thank you, Brittany!

Room Tip: Hotel is against another building, so if view is important ask for a room along the outside walls.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
TX2OH,

Good things come to those who wait. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Hampton Inn. I’m glad to hear you were upgraded after your wait and your son enjoyed the ‘cool’ suite. I’ll let Brittany know of your praise for her work and make sure she receives a special commendation for assisting you. We hope you thoroughly enjoyed your Boy’s Weekend while visiting our great city of Cleveland and all of its exciting attractions. Please plan another weekend stay with us again soon.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just a short walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a very nice area of Cleveland. Was remodeled recently and room was very pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was superb - much better than the normal Hampton Inn breakfast with omelets, cupcakes, etc. Also had complimentary wi-fi. Parking was by valet only and cost $20 per day.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Historiana,

Thank you for your very nice review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and as well as our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you visit our great city of Cleveland.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I struggled with whether to give this hotel a rating of three or four circles (so I guess you could say I would rate them 3.5 circles) but its fantastic location and the wide variety in their included breakfast pushed the review up to four circles.

I chose this hotel based on its close proximity to Progressive Field (I had tickets to an Indians game – it is also close to all of Cleveland’s other professional sports venues) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (one of my primary reasons for visiting Cleveland). It was also reasonably priced, offered breakfast as part of the package and is in walking distance of the Tower City RTA (train transit) station. Upon entering the hotel, you will notice that the lobby is rather small but that’s not that surprising for a city hotel. When I first arrived Saturday morning around 11:30a, there was one person working the desk with several people waiting in line. My room was not ready yet but I was able to leave my suitcase there. When I came back at about 6:00p, there was still only one person working the desk and a bit of a line. The desk person not only handles check-in/check-out and questions, but also rings up purchase from a small convenience “store” in the lobby, which is one of the reasons it was so busy. But, if this is typical for them, I would expect them to add more front desk staff to accommodate everyone.

The room does look like it has recently been renovated. The thermostat was set to 60 when I walked in (brrr!) but the room was nice and there was a nice, large (not sure how large) HDTV. The bathroom also looks newly renovated but I have two words for any hotel chain: “makeup mirror”. If you’re going to renovate, you might as well add one! One thing I noticed immediately is that they offer a large selection of toiletries – shampoo AND conditioner (a lot of places just offer a combo these days), soaps, shower gel, mouthwash, hand cream, shoe mitt, “vanity package” and a shower cap. I travel a bit for work and have not seen this wide an offering in quite some time. The water wasn’t very hot but hot enough and the shower water pressure was fine, although you could not adjust the angle of the shower head. The one complaint I do have about the shower is that the shower curtain had some mold and mildew on it at the bottom. The bed was very comfortable and I rarely heard any noise from other rooms or the corridor.
As some others have noted, when the hotel is full and it is prime breakfast time, the area where you can eat can fill up rather quickly. Having read others' reviews about this, I made sure to get down to breakfast early enough to be able to get a seat (and it was still busy at 7:30a). I was very impressed with the wide selection (eggs, potatoes, bacon, cereals, pancakes one morning, yogurt, waffles, pastries, various breads, juices, coffee, tea, fruit, etc.). The eggs and potatoes were cold the first day I had them but were warm (not hot) the second day. This could also be due to people not closing the lid after taking their portion.

I did not utilize it but they had valet parking available. In fact, at the end of my stay, I received a bill for valet parking, which was ridiculous because I didn’t have a car with me. They took the charge off immediately but I still found it strange. Downtown really is business oriented so there are not a lot of restaurants nearby that operate on weekend evenings but I was able to go to some places near Progressive Field. I also found using the RTA (rapid transit) coming in from the airport to be a great bargain at $2.25. The hotel is in walking distance of the Tower City RTA station. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SiteCer,

We’re very delighted to hear from you on TripAdvisor. We’re glad you were here for an Indians game but also visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of our close proximity to the RTA for those who travel without a vehicle as you did. You also gave a nice description of our complimentary breakfast as well as our room amenities. We hope you will visit Cleveland again and stay with us at Hampton Inn.

Kind regards,
Shawnee, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was so clean and the staff was very friendly! The beds are tops!! A special thank you to David and Candace for making our trip so much better. The parking charge is the only negative about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Melanie R,

Thank you for letting us know of your very comfortable stay with us at Hampton Inn. We’re very happy you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. The beds are tops, aren’t they!! I will let David and Candace know of your gratitude for their special assistance and provide them with a special commendation for their exceptional work. We welcome you to stay with us again soon.

Regards,
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been traveling to Cleveland for 3 straight months and the staff at the Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown have made my weeks go by extremely fast. Their recent renovations make all of the rooms top rate. The location, between Jacobs Field and Browns stadium, also puts you in a great location to tour the downtown area.

From David and Maechelle at the front desk, to Jeremy and the valet team, the staff was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear patrick e: The entire staff at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown appreciates your wonderful review and wishes you well with your future adventures. I’ll let them know of your wonderful compliments and make sure they receive a special commendation for their exceptional work. We hope to see you again.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a decent facility in a central location. We found the staff to be above average for this profile of hotel. We arrived later in day with a large party. The front desk was busy and we had some concern that the Hilton central reservation desk had reserved us a room that would not accommodate our family. To be candid, we were a little hacked about it and not probably the desk staff's favorite arriving guests. However, David at the desk was very professional. He brought us up to the room and worked out everything. The valet out front also worked out a place to park a truck with a roof box on it.
Overall, I think the staff here was good. The morning breakfast was above average in terms of selection.
The location is close to the stadiums and the Rock HOF. Only comment is that this neighborhood shuts down pretty quick at night. We arrived at 9 and found no restaurants open nearby. Dine before you arrive here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
RedsoxFan41,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a nice review about your say with us at Hampton Inn. I’m happy to hear you were received well by our staff and your special accommodations were taken care of in a favorable manner. I’ll let David know that his professionalism was highlighted in your review and make sure he receives a special commendation for his outstanding service. I will do the same for our valet staff. We hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you’re in the Cleveland area.

Auburn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The location of this hotel gives it a thumbs up. The charge for parking gives it a thumbs down. When reservation was made the confirmation stated $18.00 a day valet. When checking out it turned to $ 20.00 a day. Reason being that they changed contractors,minor issue maybe, if you stay one night. Not so when you stay 4 or more as we did. They should honor the confirmation as stated.
The continental breakfast was good, the seating inadequate when trying to secure a seat. This is a 14 story hotel with maybe 100 seats to eat at, this includes a conference table and some living room chairs in a separate location.
Rooms were clean, had to chase down some items that were not provided in our room.
Went to this hotel because of the location to Progressive Field ( Cleveland Indians ). Within walking distance, ten minute easy walk. In the other direction ten minute walk to see the Cleveland Browns, or the Rock and Roll Museum.
If you decide to stay at this hotel you have the choice to either park your own vehicle or have it valet parked, which ever way you choose, park it and leave it until you leave, it is a very walkable city and busy.
Be prepared, taxes daily come to almost $25.00 a day not including the valet parking.

Room Tip: Our room faced the main St. ( E. Ninth St. ) Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1943sampson,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We’re glad you chose to stay with us and found our location to be convenient for visiting the many venues surrounding us. For those who enjoy walking, I agree with you, it is a very ‘walkable’ city. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Michael Reidy, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!