“Incredibly friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Southeast, Michigan
“Incredibly friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our highly anticipated weekend getaway to Cleveland, Ohio, was wonderful. We stayed at the Hampton Inn for it's proximity to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the comedy club, Hilarities. Although the hotel was under construction, and things were out of the ordinary for the employees, they demonstrated a professional, joyful attitude. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and assured us our stay with them was appreciated. I wish I had made a note of their names, because one of the morning/afternoon employees took personal care of a guest in a wheelchair while their spouse went to retrieve their vehicle. This was certainly above and beyond her call of duty. She had a cheerful manner even through the chaos of everyone seemingly checking out at once.
The rooms were brand new, and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was roomy. The elevators were quite slow, but I don't know if that was due to the construction or if tht is how they always are, and the breakfast items were nearly gone completely (due to cheerleading drill teams staying at the hotel too) when one member of our party went to get coffee, juice and a muffin. But, overall, it was a lovely time, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear USAtraveldiva,

We’re so glad to know you enjoyed your visit and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, the whole team was excited when I shared your review with them. We hope you had a great time at the Rock Hall and Hilarities, and that you’ll come back and see us again!

Best,

Mike Reidy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one evening so that we could celebrate our anniversary downtown. The hotel was undergoing some refurbishment when we were there, but it wasn't an issue. Everyone who worked at the hotel, the doormen, the front desk attendant, and even the housekeeping staff were super friendly and so polite. Our room was clean, and nicely decorated, with a nice view of the city. I was really impressed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thanks very much for your review KatFranke. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope you and your husband had a wonderful anniversary celebration, we hope to see you again next year!

Best,

Monthey, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Ok, this is a classic hampton hotel, and really, the room was great, the view was ok, i had the possibility to open my window, the wifi was a total joke (not working at all) and the business area is a lonely computer in main hall ...

But, was a correct stay, if I will go back to Cleveland, I'm not sure I will stay again in this hotel, because we had some issues with the front desk about breakfast coupon, room upgrade etc. etc.

The valet parking was really helpful and nice by the way!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear alelex,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I feel badly that your stay wasn’t up to the quality and service standards we pride ourselves on. I see that you and your family stayed with us last June; we’re very excited to announce that we’ve had a renovation since then, which included improving the quality and speed of our Wi-Fi. I sincerely hope that on your next visit to Cleveland you’ll give us a second opportunity to show you the true Hampton experience.

Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Everyone we encountered -- doormen, front desk personnel, and breakfast caterer, was very friendly and helpful. Really made us feel welcome and relaxed.

We arrived about an hour before check-in and they were happy to give us a room early. They also accommodated our request for a quiet room, letting us know that the quietest face an inner courtyard without a view (opposing office building). Since we live in a rural area, quiet is more important than scenery, so we took it. And it was very quiet. I usually wake up around 6:30am at home, and I was astounded when I slept until 8:00 there.

The furnishings were adequate. Nothing seemed crisp and new, but nothing was shabby either. Overall I'd say the room was a half-step down from what we usually find at a Hampton, but it was certainly acceptable.

The room was very clean. I always check right away, and there was no sign of dirt, hair, etc. Water pressure in the shower was excellent, and all the drains flowed freely.

The location was central and convenient. It's very near the warehouse district (though I can't say I was all that impressed with that - might be nicer in good weather). It's about an easy half-mile walk to the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame, which was the purpose of our trip.

Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare, including make-your-own waffles and an assortment of cereal, yogurt, eggs, etc.

Parking was $15/day, though they give you from whenever you arrive until 6pm the next day so you can actually get more than 24 hours. It's in an enclosed ramp about a block from the hotel.

BTW, the weekend room rate was about half the weekday rate.

Overall I was satisfied. I've stayed at nicer, newer Hamptons, but this one was fine and the staff was exceptionally pleasant.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!
Michael Reidy, General Manager
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I can not rave enough about the customer service at this property. I am a road warrior and also work for a hotel so I am very critical about customer service. The staff here, especially the Front Desk Agent Machelle Gay, were exceptional! I left my jacket at home and stores were not open yet when I arrived in Cleveland. I was attending an outdoor hockey game and it was snowing outside and very cold. She graciously offered to let me use hers!!! I would have froze without it! She definitely sets a very high bar for fellow employees to follow!

The hotel is under renovation. Staff was apologetic for the mess, but was not a problem at all. I was in a renovated room that was very nice and comfortable. It was a busy weekend, but noise was not a factor. Location is great if attending Indians games as two (2) blocks from Progressive Field.

I will definitely recommend and use the hotel again based on my personal experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing Machelle, it made her day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Michael Reidy, General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Never again will I stay there they have no microwave no special bed it was advertised as 129 $ package deal they charged me 227$ thats false advertisement and I will be doin something about this

• Stayed January 2012
HamptonClevelandGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Good afternoon kcasto, I wanted to respond to your comments in hopes of clarifying your concerns. I thought our prior phone conversation detailed out the charges, I apologize if they were not clear to you.

I'm sorry to hear that you’re not open to staying with us in the future, our hotel has a great location and our rooms newly renovated. Not all of our rooms offer microwaves but our suites in fact do, in reviewing your reservation history I see you reserved a standard room. Our guests do have access to the microwave located in the breakfast area for future reference. As part of our recent renovation all of our beds have been replaced, we don't sell specific rooms with different beds; the sleeping experience we offer our guests is consistent throughout the hotel.

Currently our rooms do start at $129 per night plus tax, the package that you reserved offers a rate of $203 plus tax. The package rate included two tickets to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as well as valet parking. Upon check in we swipe your credit card and obtain an authorization that will cover your room charges, tax and approximately an extra 18% which in your case was about $42.00. The extra authorization is obtained to cover incidental charges such as telephone calls, pay per view movies, dry-cleaning charges, etc. Upon checkout whatever dollar amount is not needed is returned back to the issuing bank of the credit or debit card used. Based on the banks policy, they may take up to 3 to 5 days to return the unused funds to your account. If for whatever reason those funds have still not been released please let me know and I will assist you in contacting the bank to try to expedite the process.

In reference to the additional $250 charge, as we discussed, this was placed on your bill due to the condition you left the room in. The charge was for additional cleaning needed as I was unable to place another guest in that room without significant deep cleaning.

Again, I hope this clears up any confusion about our business practices. I want to make sure you understand the charges and eliminate your concerns of stealing money from your credit card. Should you have further questions or need additional copies of the charges please feel free to contact me and I will assist you in any way possible.

Thank you.
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Wife and I took in a Browns/Ravens game and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This hotel is within walking distance to both. We were greeted as Hilton Honors members and given a newly refurbished room on the top floor, room 1501. The staff was great, elevators were fast but that may be because 5 floors were closed for renovations. Water pressure was good. The included breakfast is one of the better Hampton breakfasts. The new flat screen tv was nice but there was no guide channel and some channels were not clear. Overall a great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!