“No frills, but good value” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4222 West 150 St, Cleveland, OH 44135   |
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Rochester, New York
“No frills, but good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

First time at a La Quinta property. We stayed one night here based on its location...close to ways, rapid transit, and city. We stayed on the third floor and room overlooked the rapid transit station. We were not disturbed by the train noise at all. Room was very clean, and linens were spotless. I checked everywhere for bugs because I am a neat freak...relieved to say that hubby and I were the only guests in the room! Bathroom was small, but clean. Surprised there was not a microwave or fridge in room, but there was a coffee maker, so that was good. Lots of outlets for electronics. Our TV worked fine, unlike some reviews had mentioned. Free breakfast was pretty simple, but you could make your own waffles which is always a nice treat. Variety of juices, cereals, yoghurt, muffins, bagels, bread for toast, and fresh oranges. The person who checked us in was efficient, but she did not seem to know much about the area or directions. Later in the evening, Paula was on duty and she was exceptional. She even printed out directions for us to two separate locations. She could not have been more helpful. I asked for her name specifically so I could use it in this review, and she seemed genuinely pleased that a guest would do that. All on all, our stay was pleasant, and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hotel parking lot was filthy and had a very bad odor throughout the entire parking lot. Carpet in hallways on all floors were filthy as well. Carpet appeared that it had not been cleaned in years. The outside needs some work as well. The ice bucket in hotel room was dirty and had a dirty Q-Tip inside ice bucket. Would not recommend staying at this hotel. The hotel needs a makeover starting with the outside.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Happy and kind front desk clerk. Common areas need attention. The hall carpets hadn't been swept in weeks and we're stained and in need of cleaning. Elevator dirty too. Our king room was cleaner than the dirty hall. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Spent one night. Will try our luck elsewhere next time.

Stayed July 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'm a pretty picky traveler but when faced with a brief overnight stay at the Cleveland airport I decided to take a chance and safe some cash by booking this property. My flight didn't arrive until after midnight and my flight the next day was at 8 am so why spend twice as much at the brand I normally frequent. The exterior and lobby of this property are rather bland, but boy was I impressed by the room. In addition I was greeted and checked in promptly by a very friendly staff member who reserved an early morning shuttle for me as well as a 5 am wake up call. The room was spacious, well furnished and every bit as nice as what I've been paying twice the rate. Hummmm. I slept through my wake up call and thanks to the same staff member that had checked me in he actually came to my room knocking loudly to get me up so I didn't miss the shuttle or my flight. That is service !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff was pleasant but it has not been renovated as other La Quinta hotels we have stayed in have been. This hotel does not have a pool which I knew beforehand but I didn't know there were no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms...both of which I count on being in my room. Unlike other La Quinta hotels we have stayed in, the bathroom was extremely small at this location. The finish on the tub was a little marred and unappealing also.
We were comfortable for the night but would probably not return in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My room was NOT remodeled recently. Mattresses were old and lumpy. Bathroom had mold and bedroom had water stains on the ceiling. That was Room 104. Can't remark about other rooms as they didn't have another available during my stay. The staff was outstanding, that's the best I can say about this property at this time. I do hope that they address the issues because I have enjoy other stays at the property.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Free upgrade was offered. Large room and was clean. Somer Family Restaurant close by was good. Wish there had been a pool. Trains kept my daughter and husband up through the night, however I didn't hear them.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North? Share your experiences!