“Easily accessible via RTA.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Storm Lake, Iowa
“Easily accessible via RTA.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

This location is great for budget-minded folks. It's a short distance (18 blocks) from downtown - catch a free trolley from downtown to this location from 7am - 7pm. The trolley stop (E-Line) back into the heart of town is directly across the street from the hotel; it couldn't be easier! Also, the HealthLine bus goes back and forth, also a straight shot. Subway (the fastfood place) is adjacent to the hotel ~~ another fast, cheap place for the budget conscience. Hotel is very close to Cleveland State U., another plus. The staff gladly held my luggage for 5 hours, until I could retrieve and fly out. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
North Tonawanda, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Stayed for several days while daughter consulting at Cleveland Clinic. Very hot, broken air conditioners, non-working phone, extremely rude manager. Couldn't relocate due to conference in town that week. Ended up with complaint to my state's attorney general's office to get some relief. Took several months of aggravation. Choice Hotels headquarters gave partial refund, but this chain takes little responsibility for bad actors among its franchise holders. So -- we avoid the entire chain now.

We stay in as many as 30 motels in the course of a year. This was the worst.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I found the room to be affordable and nice. If I wanted a room like the Hyatt I would have paid the extra money to book in the Hyatt. My room was clean and comfortable. I was in Cleveland for the Cleveland Clinic.. I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and nice. The free shuttle to the clinic and hospital was great. The continental breakfast offered more than I expected. Very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Of all the hundreds of hotels I have stayed in this is by far the worst.
There is nothing out of the ordinary in lobby when you check in. Immediately upon getting out of the elevator on your floor you will smell the most vile odor. It is in the rooms inthe sheets and everywhere. Apparantly there is a Subway food restaurant in the hotel that fumigated the entire hotel.
I had a headache almost immediately.
Avoid avoid avoid this hotel unless you like the smell of vomit and body odor.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
I would like to apologize to this guest. He was probably put in a room above Subway Rest. and when they cook their bread it sometimes makes it way into the 2nd floor hallway. Had they said something to the front desk we would have moved them immediatlely. If anyone has this experience they are moved without hesitation..Surprisingly some guest say the smell makes em hungary.
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

Room was not at all what I expect in a Comfort inn. The bed was saggy and hard. The room small and old. The entire hotel needs an update. And the free continental breakfast is a must to miss!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Don't know what to say to this guest. If you read the 2 reviews below this one they tell you just the opposite from this guest. If there was a problem with his stay I wish he would have come to me or my staff and we would have done all we could to make it better for him. If we don't know of a bad situation there is know way to fix it.

Max Baire
Asst. General Manager
Kanab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed here during Obama's presidential campaign. We had seen some mixed reviews so we were a little nervous about what we would find once we arrived. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and clean and the breakfast buffet was well stocked and quite good. Location was fine for us- the only downside was that parking fees were not included in our room cost.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I was a little hesitant at first when booking this hotel. But I'm glad we did stay here. I think they may have refurbished the rooms since some of the reviews here because the carpeting, furniture, bedding, etc. all seemed new. Rooms and hotel were also very clean. Don't be afriad by the bad reviews. The free breakfast was nice, coffee, apple and orange juice, milk, assorted cereals, hard boiled egges, bagels, english muffins, other pastries and muffins, fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), yogurt, and waffle iron. All staff that I spoke with were friendly and helpful.
We got the Cleveland clinic rate, $69 a night but had to pay an exttra $10 because I was an additional adult in the room. If you are going to the clinic make sure you ask about the clinic rate, I'm not sure if it varies by season, but they also have a free shuttle to the clinic. I was advised to book our time on the shuttle at check in to ensure the time we wanted. I think it runs from 7am or so till latter in the afternoon like 6 or 7. To return to the hotel you call and they come back to get you. Both our drivers were very polite and helpful, the one even went into the clinic to get my mother a wheelchair. No loud music, actually they were playing some soft jazz on the way there nothing on the way back.
My only complaint was the overcrowded parking garage. My dad had his friends brand new Honda Accord for the trip and I attempted to park it in the garage... well lets just say how I got out of there without a scratch on the paint is a mystery. It was the most overcrowed small space with WAY too many cars cramed in there with no attendant, at one point I didn't know how I was gonna get out. The over crowding may have been due to a Jamie Fox concert was going on across the street and they may of had illegal parkers. But my advive would be DO NOT drive your car down that one-way, narrow ramp, into that narrow, small garage unless you want dings and scratches because if you don't hit someone else, someone else would be sure to hit you. We were able to park in the lot behind the hotel, the hotel gave us a card and we just had to give it to the attendant (which according to the sign this lot had an attendand 24-hrs) and he gave us a card to put on our dash.
Overall, I recomend the Comfort Inn Downtown.

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!