“Clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“Clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed overnight on a visit to Cleveland Clinic. The hotel is 5 minutes away. The room was very clean and pretty quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Check in and out was very quick. There are a couple of restaurants in the building. Parking was adequate. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HSM_Hospitality_Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
We know you have a choice when you travel and appreciate you choosing our hotel. We are very glad that the condition of the room, service, and location met your expectations. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in town. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel was about $20 cheaper than all the other downtown hotels when I went, but was significantly overpriced for what it was. Beds and pillows were nice and comfy; everything else was badly in need of updating. The fitness room was just 3 old machines, there's no pool, elevators are painfully slow. There were a couple bugs in the shower when we checked in. Staff was fine and breakfast was decent, but unless there was a bigger savings between this and other downtown hotels, I wouldn't stay again. Location is decent, just outside of the heart of downtown but an easy walk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. We will work on further improving our existing amenities and adding those which we do not have yet. We are sorry that you do not agree with our prices, but before these were imposed we made sure that these would be competitive and would match the accommodations and services we offer. Regarding your comment about finding some bugs in the shower, you can be certain that we will look into this. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may be given an opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Living in Oklahoma I knew I needed convenience with no hassels when my son checked into the Clinic for his heart procedure. I would not have a car and needed dependable shuttle service first and foremost. I called the concierge at the Cleveland Clinic; the
recommendation I received was the Comfort Inn Downtown.

Let me begin by saying that I am an experienced traveler; I know what good service looks like and how it feels. This is 100% what I received. I highly recommend the rooms, the staff, the shuttle service, the location, the breakfast.

The front desk staff was helpful; Donna, Iryna, and Sheila all helped me schedule shuttles day and night, plus saw to every other need I presented. My room was beautiful with a picture window view of Playhouse Square. The pillows awesome and bed so comfortable.

John Loas and another gentleman drove the shuttle most days. Bless them. Friendly, helpful, on time, knowledgeable about the Clinic. I needed to be at the hospital before the service started running the day of surgery. Alvin put me in a mini van, calmed my nerves and packed me off. If you think all the hotels do this forget it. The Doubletree told my son to call a cab. They also run less frequently day and night. That can leave you stranded. You better believe I cheerfully tipped these gentlemen daily. They don't expect it but do deserve it. If only everyone would just give them $1.00.

The breakfast staff, Priscilla being one of two very devoted women, does a meticulous job. Just a perfect presentation every morning. I made a note of Otis' name. I believe he was training to drive, but at any rate he was kind and amazing.

In conclusion, if you've made it this far, I loved my stay. You can pay a whole lot more, but you probably will get a whole lot less not to mention the stress. My week there was A++.

• Stayed June 2014
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review of our hotel. Thank you for making an effort to let us know that you greatly appreciated our location, accommodations, free shuttle service, and most of all our staff. Your comments will definitely reach the staff. We are very proud of each and every one of them and their dedication to providing the highest level of service to our guests. We are motivated and encouraged by your review to reach for even greater heights. We are very glad to have exceeded your overall expectations of the staff, service, and overall amenities. Thank you very much, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I were in Cleveland because he was going to the Cleveland Clinic. I want to give a big "shout out" to Ashjan and Sharon---they went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. THANKS!!!! The hotel is conveniently located and the shuttle service is fantastic. John, the driver, did a great job explaining the process and gave us some tips on what to do and how to get around Cleveland.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review of our hotel. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to give you a great experience, filled with hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. Your comments will be shared with Ashjan, Sharon, and John, thank you. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Saint Anne, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We drove 7 hours to Cleveland Clinic from Illinoisand my daughter was admitted. Aftre along day I got to the hotel late and with a 8 month old baby. Alvin helped me get all my luggage to the room and he parked my car. When I left 2 days later I forgot apair of diamond earrings. I called the next morning and they had found one. Two days later I got the pair of earrings in the mail. They kept looking for them even after someone else had already stayed in the room I was in. Very nice, clean and quiet stay! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
It means a lot to us that you took the time to share your experience following your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with our staff, especially Alvin, for taking wonderful care of you and for ensuring that you got your earrings back. We are extremely proud of each and every one of them and their commitment to providing the highest level of service to all our guests. It was a pleasure to serve. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent an excellent night at the Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland after attending the
Crosby Stills & Nash concert. The staff was so helpful and very friendly.
Max, Nora and Mawra could not have been more accommodating!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your expectations. We strive to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations by providing a warm, enjoyable, and helpful environment. Max, Nora, and Mawra are definitely happy to have been able to be of service. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Burlington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

During our visit to Cleveland Clinic we stayed at the Downtown Cleveland Comfort Inn. We had a very comfortable stay. The room was clean with pristine linens on a very comfortable bed. Nora and Sheila at the front desk were excellent. Very friendly and helpful. They give a discounted rate for people going to the Clinic. They offered a complimentary breakfast of donuts, waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, juices, coffee, yogurt and other goodies. Parking and shuttle are free to people going to the Cleveland Clinic. There are restaurants nearby and it is close to Playhouse Square where the theaters are. The shuttle drivers were very nice and helpful. We especially enjoyed John Loas who went above and beyond to accommodate everyone. Our experience was very pleasant and we would choose to stay here again. The exterior could do with some updating but the inside is very well preserved. Sue and Ed R.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We take pride in providing the best lodging experience to all of our guests. Our staff will do everything they can to accommodate all of your needs. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the hearty meal that we serve to our guests and the free shuttle going to the clinic. We are pleased to hear that our location is near the Clinic you wanted to visit and that your stay and travel had been convenient and pleasant. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in town.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!