“decent, would stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Baldwinsville, New York
“decent, would stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

got a king Jacuzzi suite which is unusual for me but the price was decent and that's what they hade left in king. room seemed clean, was set up more like a suite. had bedroom off from main room with door. Bed was comfy room was clean. I thought price to be fair considering location

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We always do our best to ensure that our services exceed your expectations. We are happy that you were pleased with our accommodations during your stay. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I am a previous Marriott employee, so I have extremely high expectations when it comes to staying at a hotel. This Comfort Inn was incredibly clean, the staff (especially Iryna and Shelia) was great, and the location was amazing. I just made a reservation to stay here again next week!

• Stayed May 2014
It is indeed flattering to receive commendation from a guest who had also worked in a hotel. Your very positive review determines the quality of our services and efficiency displayed by our staff. We will ensure that we deliver the same pleasant accommodations on your next visit and hope that it will once again exceed your expectations. Thank you very much for your business.
Princess Anne, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was in Cleveland from April 14th to May 5th and stayed at the Comfort Inn Downtown. We had come all the way from the Eastern Shore of Maryland for my husband to go to the Cleveland Clinic. It was supposed to be a two day trip of outpatient appointments but they ended up admitting him and I was there for 19 days.

Max, who is the manager, made it possible for me to stay the whole time even tho they were so busy with guests staying for a music festival. Nora and Gloria who worked at the desk were always so friendly and eager to help with booking the shuttle to the hospital and just giving freely any information I needed. A wonderful blessing which the Comfort Inn has is it's shuttle service to the CLeveland Clinic. It is the only hotel in Cleveland that has a hourly shuttle to and from the CLeveland Clinic. Also if you have an emergency and have to go to the hospital during the nite they will see that you get there.This is a wonderful service. All the shuttle drivers, John, Jacob,Joel and the other fellow ( can't remember his name) who drive the shuttle were all wonderful and so helpful with information about the hospital and help getting in and out of the van.They were always on time going and coming from the hospital.

The breakfast was hardy and both ladies who worked in the breakfast room worked so hard to keep everything flowing --Jasmine was especially kind to me and I will miss seeing her each morning.

I do believe that due to the people with handicaps who come there and stay--sliding doors to get into the Inn would be of great benefit for those on walkers and in wheelchairs.The present doors are very cumbersome.

I would definitely stay there again and will pass on the recommendation of staying at the Comfort Inn to anyone going to CLeveland.

Sandie Leahy

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
You’re welcome, Sandie. Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are very pleased to know that your entire stay for your husband’s appointment in Cleveland clinic was comfortable and convenient. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify what we do best and what we need to improve more. This feedback of yours made our staff proud of their performance and it will inspire them more to ensure that we are exceeding our guests’ expectations. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, please do consider us again next time you’re in Cleveland.
Torreon, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

this place worked for attending indians game and visiting rock and roll hall, but could use an update.........only thing request a room on the street side as we had to listen to people talking while they smoked outside this no smoking hotel,plus the parking lot noise and then on mondays the city picks up the garbage at 545 am and slams the contianers for 10 mintues......when i called the front desk to complain they told me to call the city and complain as it was not their problem........ great chinese place near the hotel called china sea.

Room Tip: stay on street side and not the alley unless you want to listen to the smokers,parking and garbage p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. Our staffs are always appreciated by guests for their efficiency and helpfulness and we are saddened to hear that they were not able to assist you well during your stay. Rest assured that these comments will be shared with them and hope that we will have another opportunity to make things right. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My sister and I spent last weekend at the Comfort Inn and The Raddison hotels in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Everybody we met was kind and very helpful.

We needed extra help.
I thought when I made the reservation in January, 2014 that the funds would be put in a "hold" until checkout. I was wrong. When they swiped my card on Thursday morning, the charge was rejected. Someone called my home to inform me and to ask for alternate payment; however, I was already on the road
When I tried to check-in, Sharon told me the reservation had been cancelled.Sharon was very kind and called nearby hotels until she found us a room at the Raddison.I knew she was making an extra effort to help us. I know she called four or five places. Then, she asked Alvin to drive us to the Raddison. He helped us in with our luggage. Very nice.

At the Raddison, Lisa checked us in. She worked 11pm to 7am. We were there at 1:15am.
I have automatic deposit and my money would not be available before 2am.

The next morning, or really,later that morning. I called the Comfort Inn and Sheila sent Greg K to pick us up.
(Sheila also gave us a brochure and told us about the E-line Free trolley we rode to the shops at Tower City and back. Thank you Cleveland businesses fpr sponsering the trolley)
I found out later that Sharon had left a note for day shift to come for us.
Comfort Inn was sold out on Thursday, but had a room for us on Friday.

I told Jose`, the parking lot attendant, that we were going to add him to our thankful list. We wrote the names of the employees who were helpful and kind to us; to help us remember them.

Sharon deserves extra special thanks for the extra effort she made to find us a room for what was left of Thursday, and to make sure we were not stranded later.

I wanted to follow up with this personal note to management and to ask you to consider Sharon when you want to add someone to your team. I told Sharon that if she gave us such excellent service there were others who were helped but,who have not taken the time to acknowledge it.

You have an excellent staff in downtown Cleveland

Sandra Morris
927 Main St.
Charleston, WV 25302

Hi Sandra,

We are very proud to hear that our staffs were able to go above and beyond your expectations. Thank you for sharing with us the superior services given by our staff to get you a room when needed it. Our hotel’s staff and team made it sure that they have exerted our efforts to provide you a comfortable and satisfying stay. Rest assured the comments you made will help us improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
Millington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good clean place. Staff very nice especially Tryna and Shelia of the reception. I had some issues with the water being cut off for about two and one half hours. The Manager promptly returned my call to resolve the issue. It was indeed handled in a professional manner and I was pleased.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank for understanding the situation regarding the water availability. We want you to know we appreciate your feedback and thoughts. We are happy that you were pleased with the way our staff handled the situation and glad to know that the girls assisted you very well. Your feedback helps to improve our quality of service, we hope to see you soon!
Recife, PE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed there for two weeks and had a great time. The staff was really good, specially the woman of the breakfast and John, the driver. By the way, breakfast was a good part. of the day. The hotel hás a laundry, which is Nice for longe períods.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to know that our fresh and healthy breakfast started your day right and our staff made your lodging experience even better. It is indeed nice to know that our laundry service made your stay comfortable since you’re traveling on business and always on the go. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!