“average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Torreon, Mexico
“average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

this place worked for attending indians game and visiting rock and roll hall, but could use an update.........only thing request a room on the street side as we had to listen to people talking while they smoked outside this no smoking hotel,plus the parking lot noise and then on mondays the city picks up the garbage at 545 am and slams the contianers for 10 mintues......when i called the front desk to complain they told me to call the city and complain as it was not their problem........ great chinese place near the hotel called china sea.

Room Tip: stay on street side and not the alley unless you want to listen to the smokers,parking and garbage p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. Our staffs are always appreciated by guests for their efficiency and helpfulness and we are saddened to hear that they were not able to assist you well during your stay. Rest assured that these comments will be shared with them and hope that we will have another opportunity to make things right. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My sister and I spent last weekend at the Comfort Inn and The Raddison hotels in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Everybody we met was kind and very helpful.

We needed extra help.
I thought when I made the reservation in January, 2014 that the funds would be put in a "hold" until checkout. I was wrong. When they swiped my card on Thursday morning, the charge was rejected. Someone called my home to inform me and to ask for alternate payment; however, I was already on the road
When I tried to check-in, Sharon told me the reservation had been cancelled.Sharon was very kind and called nearby hotels until she found us a room at the Raddison.I knew she was making an extra effort to help us. I know she called four or five places. Then, she asked Alvin to drive us to the Raddison. He helped us in with our luggage. Very nice.

At the Raddison, Lisa checked us in. She worked 11pm to 7am. We were there at 1:15am.
I have automatic deposit and my money would not be available before 2am.

The next morning, or really,later that morning. I called the Comfort Inn and Sheila sent Greg K to pick us up.
(Sheila also gave us a brochure and told us about the E-line Free trolley we rode to the shops at Tower City and back. Thank you Cleveland businesses fpr sponsering the trolley)
I found out later that Sharon had left a note for day shift to come for us.
Comfort Inn was sold out on Thursday, but had a room for us on Friday.

I told Jose`, the parking lot attendant, that we were going to add him to our thankful list. We wrote the names of the employees who were helpful and kind to us; to help us remember them.

Sharon deserves extra special thanks for the extra effort she made to find us a room for what was left of Thursday, and to make sure we were not stranded later.

I wanted to follow up with this personal note to management and to ask you to consider Sharon when you want to add someone to your team. I told Sharon that if she gave us such excellent service there were others who were helped but,who have not taken the time to acknowledge it.

You have an excellent staff in downtown Cleveland

Sandra Morris
927 Main St.
Charleston, WV 25302

Hi Sandra,

We are very proud to hear that our staffs were able to go above and beyond your expectations. Thank you for sharing with us the superior services given by our staff to get you a room when needed it. Our hotel’s staff and team made it sure that they have exerted our efforts to provide you a comfortable and satisfying stay. Rest assured the comments you made will help us improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
Millington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good clean place. Staff very nice especially Tryna and Shelia of the reception. I had some issues with the water being cut off for about two and one half hours. The Manager promptly returned my call to resolve the issue. It was indeed handled in a professional manner and I was pleased.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank for understanding the situation regarding the water availability. We want you to know we appreciate your feedback and thoughts. We are happy that you were pleased with the way our staff handled the situation and glad to know that the girls assisted you very well. Your feedback helps to improve our quality of service, we hope to see you soon!
Recife, PE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed there for two weeks and had a great time. The staff was really good, specially the woman of the breakfast and John, the driver. By the way, breakfast was a good part. of the day. The hotel hás a laundry, which is Nice for longe períods.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to know that our fresh and healthy breakfast started your day right and our staff made your lodging experience even better. It is indeed nice to know that our laundry service made your stay comfortable since you’re traveling on business and always on the go. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great service for those who have family or friends at the Cleveland Clinic hospital. The shuttle was indispensable, the breakfast was hearty, the folks were friendly, The housekeeping was excellent. The hotel is also located close to the downtown attractions, everything within walking distance, including the theaters, the galeries and the Tower. Serious value for the money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
We were thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay with your family at our hotel. Thank you for appreciating our great value accommodations with the shuttle service and fulfilling breakfast as well as our excellent services provided by our wonderful staff during your visit. Most of our guests loved our location and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed visit a lot of places with our convenient location. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had a long drive when we arrived at the Comfort Inn in Cleveland Ohio. We were greated by Ms. Shelia / Noria. We were treated so kindly. We were also Cleveland Clinic patiants and mislead by a rep from the internet that was not affliated with Comfort Inn. I did not now I was speaking with a third party. I asked this 3rd party several time if we recieved a discount for being a Patient of the Cleveland Clinic? I was told this was the discount. Ms. Shelia / Noria kindly told me that I was eligable for a discount gave me the number to follow up with the third part and assured me that going forward if I contact them dirrectly I would receive a considerable discount. They were very compationate when I told them that I was very upset. They took there time to register me and assured me that they were there to make me happy. Because of this wonderful staff I will book again for my next 4 trips. Thank you Ms. Shelia / Noria!! This is what customer service is all about!!! Thank You!!
Also, I was met by a manager "Sandi" who also made me feel very comfortable, told him of my experience. Showed me the rooms and assured me that he wanted me to be happy and wanted to do what ever it took to ensure we had a pleasant stay!
Which we did........!!
Kim for Cleveland Clinic

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
We are happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay. We understood where you’re coming from and it was our pleasure serving you. It is good to know the girls have assisted you well regarding your discount for your stay and how to avail it from the third-party handler. We will be certainly looking forward to your next stay and our management will be very delighted to help you if we can be of assistance in the future. Thank you very much for your business.
Angola, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our stay at comfort inn was more than we expected the rooms were clean and cozy and everyone that worked there was helpful and nice, Donna in particular I even got laundry tips (hooked on Borax now) the breakfast was great! Larry the parking attendant rushed to help with our bags our first day and Alonso always had something nice to say. I cant say how much the shuttle meant to us being in a strange city and the stress of going to Cleveland Clinic the drivers (John Jake and Joel) were informative and comforting we were going to drive the first day but I ran into John in the lobby and quickly changed my mind and happy I did. I am so impressed by the people working there right down to the maintenance guy. When we have to go back to Cleveland Clinic we will defiantly stay @ Comfort Inn again its like our home away from home

Room Tip: If going to Cleveland Clinic I recommend this Hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
A home away from home is indeed a very rewarding compliment to hear from a valued guest like you. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay. We are happy to hear that our staff welcomed you with warmth and comfort- even got laundry tips! Please advise us of your next trip and we will ensure that you’ll receive the same pleasant accommodations on your next stay.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!