“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Southern Indiana
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful.. Shela & Iryna were great at the desk in helping us find places to eat or directions. The beds were wonderful and the pillows were perfect - had your choice of soft or firm pillows which was great since I like soft and my husband likes firm. We stayed here to go to the Cleveland Clinic and it was close to the clinic and close to other sites. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
The feedbacks we receive from our guests continuously encourage us to provide top quality services and relaxing accommodations. On behalf of our staff and team, we would like to thank you for appreciating our endeavor in enhancing positive customer experiences. Thank you for the opportunity to serve and we value your business.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Miamisburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband, son and I stayed here the night before my husband's surgery at Cleveland Clinic. I stayed with him at the hospital and then came back to the Inn for a night's stay before we left. Our stay was very comfortable. It was a very snow covered time in Cleveland and the staff was very helpful in answering any questions we had about the area. Nora and Mawra were delightful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We are happy to know that our staff was able to assist you well during your stay. Your kind words inspire us to constantly create better accommodations and enhance more positive customer experiences. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Rafeal Rodriguez made my stay at the hotel enjoyable and comfortable. He was friendly, did a great job of cleaning my room and answered questions about areas I could go for food. Other staff members were also courteous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. We are very proud to hear that Rafael and the rest of our staff have efficiently assisted and guided you well during your stay. A very positive response is inspiration for us to continuously strive for customer satisfaction. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!
fremont ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Upon reserving my room on the phone I told the desk clerk to hold my room on my credit card and I would be paying cash at check in.I was never told about a 50.00 deposit until check in.And the front desk staff was very rude!!!!The room was very small and so was the bathroom.The carpet was dirty and comforter had black stuff on it.Even the housekeeping staff was rude when passed in the hall.My daughter was having tests done at the Cleveland clinic and this was not the way I expected to be treated.I will never stay at this location again.Also the parking garage is a joke.You have to walk up a tunnel or take a old elevator.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Lori,
We appreciate your time and effort to write us a review. We apologize if we were not able to meet up with your expectations of our hotel. The least we wanted for our valued guests will be an uncomfortable stay. A great hotel stay with quality services and accommodations is what we always want for each of our valued guests to experience. We also want you to find great value for the price you paid. Rest assured that your comments regarding our staff will be attended to and will advise them to be courteous and helpful at all times. As you can see from other reviews on Trip Advisor my staff service has been well reviewed by many guest. I believe the miss communication by my staff in this case played a major roll in your experience with the staff at check in and I will be sure to address this. I see that the manager on duty waved the deposit upon your check in to rectify the situation. I wish you and your daughter all the best and I hope that everything went well for you at the Cleveland Clinic. Should you need to come back in the future I hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust.

Max Baire
Asst. General Manager
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is in a great area if you want to get out and explore downtown Cleveland. The parking is $7.50 but the lot is close and compared to any of the other hotels in the area it is a great price! My only beef with it was checkout time is 11:00 (seems early to me, I like noon) and breakfast on Sunday only went until 9:30 (again, I like to sleep in). The front desk staff was not friendly to me when I checked in, but it wasn't too big of a deal. Room was what you'd expect from a Comfort Inn, which to me is quality, but not 5 star or anything.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We continuously endeavor to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to achieve that goal. Your comments regarding check-out time as well breakfast served on Sundays will be highly considered to ensure that we are providing our valued guests a satisfying stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you’ll have a more enjoyable stay in your next visit soon!
Ossian, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband had to have an unexpected heart surgery 2-4-14 at Cleveland Clinic, was in intensive care overnight and I was not permitted to stay with him. We selected the Comfort Inn based on location, price, hot breakfast and shuttle service to the Clinic. We are from Indiana therefore did not have our usual support system available to help us. Needless to say I was emotionally drained and worried in an unfamiliar town when I arrived in the morning on the off chance that I could check in early and get settled so that when I returned that night I would already have a room as I knew it would be a long day at the hospital. From the moment I walked in the lobby doors I felt that the staff truly cared about me and was going to do all they could to make sure my stay was as comfortable as possible! Shelia not only permitted me to have an early check-in but she upgraded my room to a suite and informed me that breakfast was served until 9:30 am and I was welcome to eat. She and her fellow co-worker, Nora, answered all my questions and offered kindness at a time I was in desperate need. I checked out the next morning and took the shuttle to the Clinic with the understanding that I might check back in if my husband wasn't moved from the ICU. Fortunately, he was transferred to the step-down unit and I was able to stay with him. I went back to the hotel to retrieve my car and due to the extremely cold weather/12 in. of new snowfall my vehicle would not start. The parking lot attendant, Anthony, was doing everything in his power to assist me and with the intervention of World Auto Parts just a few short blocks away I was back on the road in no time. In summary, the Comfort Inn is a great place to stay if you have business in Cleveland. It is clean, safe and has adequate amenities (even a washer and dryer) but mostly I will never forget the kindness that these 3 wonderful people showed me in a very difficult time!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to comfort you during a difficult time- wherein your husband had a procedure. It is very enlightening to know that our staff and team were able to show assurance and comfort you needed during those moments. Your kind words are our inspiration to continuously deliver the best service to each of our guests. We sincerely hope that your husband gets well soon and both of you to always be safe.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I took a quick trip to Cleveland and ended up staying at this hotel, located within walking to the stadium and the arena. The moment I walked into the hotel I was great with a warm welcome by Nikita and she was able to sort out my reservation and got me checked-in with no problem. My room was very comfortable and the morning breakfast was well above average. I will be staying there the next time I am in Cleveland thanks to the friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel. Your comments are our inspiration to strive in customer service excellence. We are happy to know that your check in was a breeze. Our staff makes us even more proud to know that their help was very much appreciated. We will let our staff know of your kind comments and rest assured it will encourage them more to work harder. We value your business and look forward to your next visit soon!

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!