“Cleveland Clinic stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Bucyrus, Ohio
“Cleveland Clinic stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have stayed two times when we had early appointments at the Cleveland Clinic. The rate was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and served our purpose very well. There were nearby restaurants and the desk staff and shuttle drivers gave great overviews of the area, attractions and eateries. We used the shuttle to the clinic and the staff and driver were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Our staff has been our pride in our hotel. We will extend your wonderful feedback to them and we assure you that they will be more than happy to know that they have made your stay a hotel experience to remember. Please advise us of your next stay so we can serve you better.

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Middleport, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife spent several weeks here while undergoing procedures at the Cleveland Clinic. Since we lived a couple of hundred miles away I could only visit her on the weekends and as I approached the hotel for my first visit my front tire experienced a blowout. Since I was joining her for her Friday appointment I didn't have any hope of getting it fixed and thought my only option was to rent a car - take my tire to our local repair shop - and bring it back the following week. That was an expensive solution but I felt I didn't have a choice. That's when Jose, a parking attendant, stepped forward and said. "tomorrow is my day off, I'll take it and get it fixed for you." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A total stranger was willing to sacrifice his day off to help a hotel guest. Jose texted later in morning saying I required a new tire said he would take care of it and I could reimburse him later that afternoon. When I arrived back at the hotel later that afternoon Jose and another attendant were replacing the tire. All I can say is WOW!!!

I consider myself an experienced traveler and have been blessed to stay at some nice hotels and resorts but I have never witnessed such extreme levels of customer service...ever. There are more luxurious hotels in the world but if I'm ever asked to name my favorite I will proudly say the Comfort Inn in downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Your wonderful feedback is really heartwarming. What more can we say? Thank you. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you. We hope that your wife gets well soon and have a worthwhile stay at our Comfort Inn Downtown hotel.
Rock Creek, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rooms were on the lower end of average and smelled musty. The bed and linens were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but clean. The parking garage was a nightmare and dangerous. The breakfast food was low quality compared to other hotels of this same chain. The staff was not exceedingly helpful or friendly. The hallways and room were quiet. The windows were very dirty. The surrounding area has a lot of fun activities so the location of the hotel provided easy access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write us feedback. We will have your comments regarding the cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel evaluated to further enhance our room accommodations and facilities. We look forward to your comments as these helps in achieving our goals in excellent service delivery. We hope to serve you better next time you decide to stay with us.
Battle Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Though the Comfort Inn Downtown is an older hotel the rooms are kept well. Being a patient of Cleveland Clinic the hotel offers discounted rooms, shuttle to and from the hospital and free parking. This is a great help to the patient and family when traveling. We were given an upgrade to a room with refrig and microwave at no extra charge as I would be on a special diet and not able to go out to eat for the day after surgery. Upon checkout Nora was extreemly helpful and answered our questions concerning a revisit scheduled. She is very professional and friendly. Thanks Nora for making your customers feel as though they are the only ones there even though you were very busy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We are very proud to have Mary Rodriquez as one of our staff. Thank you for sharing this wonderful hotel experience with us. We thank you even more for recommending our hotel as the best place to stay in the area. We are very delighted that you enjoyed our service- breakfast, staff as being well worth your money. We hope to see you soon as well and we are looking forward to serve you better the next time you visit us.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had the most wonderful experience at this hotel. From the staff they were all professional, polite and courteous. One room service personnel in particular Mary Rodriquez went out of her way to make me feel right at home. Her smile and warm personality was contagious. Even though I was downtown I felt safe and secure.

Beside from the comfort and cleanness of facility the continental breakfast was delicious and always plentiful. This place is well worth the money and is located in the hub of the business and theater district. I well recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was happy with my stay at the Comfort Inn. It's an especially great location if you're in town for a visit to any of the theaters, as it's smack dab in the middle. It was also a pretty easy walk down to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I found the staff to be very helpful and when I checked in, the staff member asked what I planned to do the next day, and when I told her I was going to the Hall of Fame museum, she gave me a $2 off coupon.

There was a decent little convenience store a few doors down, too, so I was able to get snacks there rather than from vending machines.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but that didn't really bother me.

Overall, I definitely think the hotel was worth the price and much more affordable than the other hotels downtown. Another thing was that they only charged $7.50 per night for parking as opposed to $20 or more!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Miss Patty,

We thank you sincerely for your business and finding our place affordable and worth spending.

Your comments and reviews are what make us work harder to further improve our services to offer you wonderful experiences every time you visit our place. Your satisfaction completes our business. Our staff will always be as accommodating to attend your needs.

We look forward to your next visit to Comfort Inn soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, hourly transport to Clinic, appears well maintained for older property, near CSU & theater district, dining close by, well patrolled, 100% no smoking, no musty odors in halls & rooms. quality hot breakfast, decent beds, free working wireless, and good value compared to $175/night or more Cleveland Clinic Intercontinental.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Maxepay,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Downtown.

Your reviews are valuable and motivate us to maintain the quality of services that you enjoy during your visit. Your business is important to us and we shall keep on striving to give you great experience every time.

We look forward to serving your next breakfast again soon.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!