“Wonderful friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Philipsburg, PA
“Wonderful friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because they offer a special rate for those with family members in the Cleveland Clinic. I was staying on my own with a 2 week old baby and a 2 year old, and the staff could not have been more accomodating. They bent over backward to make my stay more comfortable. I requested a refridgerator so I could keep milk for my toddler, and they had none available in a regular room, so they upgraded me to a suite for the same rate. They do not have bellmen, but do have the lugage carts available to for guests to use. The manager could see that I was trying to juggle 2 small children and the luggage cart and helped me unload my car and even pushed my luggage up to my room and helped me unload. The first morning, I didnt bother to check what time the complimentary breakfast ended, and missed it. The ladies cleaning up went in the back and brought me a few muffins and bagels, and let me sit and eat while they finished cleaning. The next day, when I was on time, they mentioned that they thought about bringing something to my room if I had missed it again. Everyone at this hotel was incredibly friendly, and went the extra mile because they could see that I was a mom on my own. I really didnt have a chance to sight see while I was in town, but I did end up driving around the hotel a little, and it appears as though it is near the Theater District and Cleveland State University. The hotel is easy to find and on the same street as the Cleveland Clinic. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and I will be staying here again when we have followup appointments at the Cleveland Clinic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing to us your great experience while staying in our hotel. We are pleased to know that we have successfully shown you just how dedicated we are to give our valued guests the best service they deserve. Your feedback regarding our great customer service, as well as the comfort it has brought you during your stay inspires and motivates us to do so much more to give our guests the best service there is to offer. Your satisfaction means a lot to us, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I usually stay outside of the city but decided to stay downtown this time and I am glad we did. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We went to the casino on Friday night and went to the Cleveland Indians baseball game on Saturday. Even though we had to pay extra for parking at the hotel, it was still cheaper than what we would have paid at the game or casino. The staff at the hotel was excellent, especially Danielle Epps. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
daysinnrichfield, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We appreciate your time and effort in writing this review. We sincerely thank you for mentioning our staff, Danielle Epps for providing you an excellent service. It is good to know that you were able to walk around the hotel and had the chance to watch the Indians baseball game with our accessible location. We certainly appreciate that you found our parking fee is still affordable than anywhere else in the area. Please advise us of your next stay, we are looking forward to see you.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The suite was very small. There was no privacy, (no door to the bedroom, jacuzzi with curtains in the bathroom and sitting room). Holes in the curtains in both the sitting room and bedroom. When asked about restaurants we were directed to establishments down the street (could find no restaurant/lounge as advertised in brochure). Overall, it was a very unpleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for time and effort in writing this review. We apologize if the suite you have stayed did not meet your expectations. We certainly want you to have a wonderful stay at our hotel. We will give your comments a closer look and do our best to improve our services and facilities. We‘ll be more than happy to assist you, should you decide to stay at our hotel again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been coming here from Pittsburgh for metal shows at Peabody's since 2007. I have never been disappointed. New LG flat panels are nice to hook the laptop up to to play metal videos before the concert. Bubble bath is the fireplace of the room, we make the suds hit the ceiling (but always clean up after!). Parking is worth it, try to get a spot down in the secured garage. Say hi to Max the manager, he is one of the nicest guys I know. We will be going back in one month for another concert!

Room Tip: Ignore the posts about bad smell. 2nd floor just smells like Subway baked bread, nothing more.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We sincerely thank you for continuously staying at Comfort Inn Downtown since 2007. As our valued customer, we are always pleased to have you as our guest. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our rooms - flat panels, bubble baths, and even our secured parking each time you visit. Max will be always pleased to see you. We look forward on your next stay.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are usually pleased with Comfort Inns and reserved a room for our night in Cleveland. What a disappointment!

I reserved a room with a single king bed and was told when we arrived that we'd been upgraded to a suite. I was pleased - until we arrived in the room. There was a jacuzzi (jet stream) tub in the middle of the living room portion of the suite with simple shower curtains between the living room and the bathroom!!!!! Because of this weird "arrangement" the bathroom afforded absolutely NO privacy.

At least we had our reserved king bed - NOT. A single queen bed. At least the mattress was firm.

Facility is old and dated, though clean. Towels were thin and not in ample supply. Air conditioning in our room was loud. We chose to swelter rather than be kept awake by the racket it made. Quiet other than that.

Parking is $8 per night, and you're warned not to leave anything visible in your car as "they'll break in and steal anything they see" (a large Salvation Army facility is just across the street)

This hotel was close to the restaurant and night life at which we had reservations and the weather was beautiful, so we'd originally planned to walk. But after all the warnings given, we drove and had to spend another $10 to park

Complimentary breakfast was already cleared before its scheduled end time so we located a Starbucks for a cup and a breakfast wrap before hitting the road.

Will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Always ask the age of the property and see if you can check out the safety of the neighborhood befor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your time and effort in this review. We apologize that you were not pleased during your last visit unlike before. A disappointment is not something what we want our customers to remember, rather a delight and pleasure that they chose to stay with us. We’d like our suite to be something to look after at our hotel. We will consider the comments you made regarding the said room and check for improvements to make your stay more comfortable. Our breakfast is set each morning to give a warm and hearty meal at the start of your day. We want our parking to be secured and affordable as possible and give reminders to our valued guests for added security. Please advise our staff of your requests should you decide to stay again with us. Thank you.
Van Wert, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Located close to the club Liquid, this was a great value for a couple of guys in town to see Paul van Dyk. Donna on the night shift was really friendly and helpful as a concierge, and the free breakfast had a number of healthy and vegetarian options and was delicious. Kudos!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We are pleased to hear that you had given us a wonderful review. Ideally, we want our guests to enjoy their stay at our hotel and still have the chance to experience walking outside to discover great spots just around the corner. We are happy that our free breakfast gave you a number of delicious vegetarian options, even mentioning that our night shift staff Donna is friendly and helpful. We will look forward to see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Husband & I stayed here one full week while getting treatment at Cleveland Clinic. First the good points: This hotel has a special price for CC patients, it is near CC they provide free shuttle to/from CC. The front desk staff is great and shuttle driver is wonderful. A full breakfast is provided every morning. There are lots of fast food restaurants within walking distance and many deliver. Room and hotel itself was clean. However, don't stay here if you are expecting a First Class hotel. Property is downtown located in good proximity to many tourist attractions and there busses and trolleys offering public transportation. There is a Starbucks about 2-3 blocks away. We were upgraded to a suite so our room had a small refrigerator. The hotel will also accept pets with a deposit, part of which is non-refundable.
Cons: Be very mindful of your personal belongings, primarily your clothing. Hotel management put a 15% of total cost, hold on our credit card the day before we arrived (after free cancellation period expired). I was told this was to cover any incidentals, like long distance calls. While I understand the necessity of doing this, it would have been good to know in advance. If you are operating on a budget, it could cause problems for you. Property is dated, very old facility, but like I said above, it is clean and they have been pretty successful in keeping it updated. Don't stay here if you are expecting a First Class hotel. We have stayed in Comfort Inns before and found their beds to be uncomfortable. Beds are too hard. The same was true here, but I don't think it was the fault of poor management, but our personal preference. Parking can be a pain if you have a car. They have a large parking lot with attendants but it fills up quickly. We always managed to find a space but it was sometimes difficult. They also have an ancient parking garage under the hotel that is very very tiny with minimum maneuverability unless your are a professional driver. Transfer fees one way from Cleveland Hopkins is approximately $40 per person. The property is located downtown and there are panhandlers. You do not want to be out on the street after dark. Hotel is located in not the best area of town but its not the worse either. I would stay here again if necessary.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and if you plan to go to the Cleveland Clinic let them know. We were on 5th floo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!