“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
South Weymouth, Massachusetts
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here one night on Super Bowl Sunday. Price was decent. Paid $7.50 to park which was ok since there was an attendant watching our truck 24/7. Quick cab ride to the casino area..$5 or so. Clean room and bathroom. All you can ask for! Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Comfort INN! We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future. I hope that your experience at our Casino was a successful one. Next time you come to Cleveland give me a call directly so that I may assist you with your reservation.

Thanks again,

Max Baire
Asst. GM

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hearts Content, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was really upset when I discovered I could of paid 1/2 of what I did because I was going to the cleveland clinic. I used some travel hotel thing and I thought I was getting the best rate!! The night clerk informed me I could of booked with the hotel and got free parking for 1/2 of what I paid!! Made me feel stupid and even laughed about it...medical bills are mounting and they let this company scam me. NO WHERE on the site does it mention a better rate for cleveland clinic patients! The room was poor, the door lock was broken, bathroom fan broken, hanging from the celing and made an awful noise when used. Bedside lamp was broken, someone must of dropped it and it was cracked on the verge of falling apart. The tub was plugged up. I called front desk about the door and they said..."We know" REALLY!! FIX IT!! safty issues!! Being sick I just accepted it because I was too worn out from my trip to look for another hotel. I will never stay there again, and I will be in Cleveland quite often. Even with 1/2 off I would rather sleep in my car!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, read reviews and ask about a special rate for Cleveland clinic!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our hotel. When any guest has a less-than-satisfactory experience with us, we take it personally, and we take action. We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, and we regret not meeting that standard for you during your time with us. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be addressed in our next staff meeting. Again, I want to assure you that your insight will help us do a better job in the future for you and all our guests at the Comfort INN.

I especially want to apologize to regarding the rate for your stay and for the Front Desk Agent being less than professional during your check in. The last thing she should have done is laughed regarding your booking. I do realize that having to pay more then the other guests that are here for the Cleveland Clinic is unfair but we can't change rates once they are booked online. Our website does mention that special rate available to anyone visiting the Clev Clinic. It is not mentioned on 3rd party websites such as Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia etc. If we did advertise on them then everyone would say they are here for the hospital.

Should you need to come to Cleveland again Please call me directly so that I may assist you with your reservation and I will see what I can do to make up for your previous stay.

Max
Connellsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had to come to town due to a visit to the Cleveland Clinic. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, recommended a VERY nice Italian restaurant nearby to have a late dinner. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. The hotel smelled clean NO SMOKING BIG PLUS! The parking is a bit crowded but there is an attendant on duty 24 hours which made me feel safe. The area was pretty and the police patrolled frequently, I felt safe. Breakfast was delicious. Coffee was hot and fresh all the time. Water was SUPER HOT and pressure was good for shower. I would recommend to friends and I will be staying again when I have to come back in January. They also took cash, with a deposit instead of making me put a hold on my debit/credit. Which I like. Kudos (didnt use the pool too cold so I can't rate.

Room Tip: Our room was as soon as you get off elevator, some noise but not too bad.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were very happy with our one night stay - the staff was very pleasant and the location was terrific for our visit to the R&R Hall of Fame - easy on/off access to I90 as well. Another reviewer mentioned thin walls and noise - we didn't experience that. And we found the parking lot very easy to use and convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Was in town for an important interview at Cleveland Clinic. All hotels on the Cleveland Clinic campus were sold out for the night. Was unable to sleep for almost the entire night due to very thin walls (can hear guests in rooms next door, above/below you, TV noise from other rooms, can even hear other guests using the shower). Worst possible situation the night before an important interview. Rooms dimly lit. Bathrooms with very little space. Parking situation is horrible and dangerous. The parking garage they have for you is tiny, with few spots, and is very narrow and tortuous to navigate through. If you are a business traveler, I would avoid this place if at all possible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Max Baire
Asst GM.
Athens, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The price is right - 79/night when I stayed in early October. However, for what you get, I'd call the value 'fair.'

It is only 3-5 miles from the Cleveland Clinic, and it seems like a lot of people use it for that reason. There is also a shuttle (when its not being used by others) that offers transport to and from the Clinic.

Parking is 7.50/night and is a little hard to get in and out of, but not unreasonable in either regard.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The facility is quite dated and is not in the greatest neighborhood (neither is the Cleveland Clinic). The rooms are in terrible need of being updated, but they are clean and comfortable otherwise.

The hotel has a free breakfast, but I would rate it below average compared to other free breakfasts offered by similar hotels. It has some standard items such as waffle machines, cereals, juices, coffees, yogurt, eggs, etc, Breakfast is served in a small area, and it was crowded both times I went. Breakfast is also supposedly served until 9:30A, but by 9AM on one day they were out of eggs, sausage, and waffle batter, and the staff advised they were not replacing it as they were done at 9:30A. I'm not sure why they don't advertise until 9A if that is the case...

The room and hotel worked fine for what we needed it for - a place to crash when not at the Clinic with a family member. If you are looking for a relaxing place or any quality in amenities whatsoever, I'd pass on this one.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms - both were exactly the same. One room was very near the elevators...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Comfort Inn! We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future. (104 words)
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The bed was very comfortable and the place was clean. Which is the most important thing to me. Bathroom could use a bit of updating and the breakfast was your usual hotel fare. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!