“Concert Night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
East Meadow, New York
“Concert Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed there only one night after the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. Hotel was clean and cheap. Parking grage is a slight issue because they locked us out of it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Days Inn! We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future. (104 words)

Asst. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

As an aerospace quality manager ultimately responsible for the well being of the flying public, there are as a matter of habit certain things I look for in my everyday dealings. Things like honesty, integrity, reliability, value, dependibility, repeatability, attention to detail, how well someone does their job, and overall how people treat people; the things that denote exceptional quality. With this said, I have found the Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland, to be an exceptionally comfortable place to stay both when my wife was getting tests done at Cleveland Clinic and her subsiquient open heart surgery. The Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland is a clean, safe, well maintained value orientated older hotel, with a staff that cares about their customers and will do their best to accomidate the needs of their clientel. Just as the Cleveland Clinic is noted world wide for its exceptional care, I found the Comfort Inn Downtown Clevenland to offer the same kind of caring generosity, especially accorded where the additional stress associated with my wifes circumstances may have otherwise been overwhelming. While the Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland may not have the glitter of a fresh newly built facillity, the important things like plumbing works, you don't run out of hot water and as my wife noted, the bathrooms are clean, the elevators work, the ice machines on every floor work, the hallways are clean and the carpets are not patched with duct tape, the room heating/air conditioners work, the TVs have a number of channels and the remotes work, the complementry WiFi service is excellent, the contental breakfast offers a nice selection and the hot foods are good, the bedding is comfortable; sheets, blankets, towels and pillows clean, changed regularly, and the rooms did not have a stale smell to them which tells me they are not ignored. The staff is cordial and do their jobs well. They are helpful with requests and directions and there is someone available at all times of the day or night should you need them. The parking is on site and and a parking attendant watches over things and can park your car if needed. Of particular interest to my wife and her eagle eye, given her years as a resturant owner, was the fact that the accomidations for food serving at the Comfort Inn is well maintained and there was not any evidence of bugs anywhere there or in the hotel. This is a credit to the maintainence staff and the hotel managenment which demonstrates an attention to detail missed by some other hotels. For those who would be going to the Cleveland Clinic for medical attention and their famlies I would sincerely suggest this hotel will accomidate your needs as they have for my wife and I. For those visiting Cleveland for other reasons, the Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland is worth checking out.

Room Tip: Advise them of your needs
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I just returned from a trip to Cleveland, Ohio May, 16th. thru the 18th. . My mission to Cleveland was to see the world famous Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Museum and the Cleveland Indians baseball team. I stayed at the downtown Comfort Inn and I must admit that we, my son Eddie and I had a very pleasant experience at this Inn. The place was very clean, and the check-in was a breeze. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, especially the Manager, Max Baire, was awesome, not only was he a professional of the first class, but a very pleasant, and knowledgeable individual. I highly recommend the Comfort Inn if visiting Cleveland, and if you do, say hello to Max for me. Max, thanks again for our great experience in Cleveland!!!!

Room Tip: See the manager Max, and explain your particular situation. Max is the "Man".
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
No Eddie, You the Man!!!
I'm so glad that you and your son enjoyed your stay. I'm also glad that no one hurt the 2 of you wearing all that Yankees gear. Lol... I hope to see you back here again in Cleveland real soon.

Take care my friend,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I like to use the Choice hotels since I can earn free nights so I was glad to see a Comfort Inn in downtown Cleveland, near the marathon. It had convenient parking at the back and restaurants in the same building. We were greeted warmly and told all about marathon specials (like an earlier breakfast). The location was a bit of a walk from the city centre but there is a free trolley from the city that runs right along the main street, and strolling is part of our getting to know the city. The large room was clean but the washroom was a bit crowded. The wonderful breakfast was in a very large, bright room and had all the usual Comfort Inn treats, such as the waffles. Service at the front desk and in the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We always look forward to the Cleveland Marathon. It is a great weekend for the city and we want our guests to enjoy their stay. I hope to see you back here again next year.

Take care,

Saratoga Springs NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

While this is not up to the standards of many Comfort Inn's I have stayed at (Memphis Front St. is our favorite), It is comfortable, clean, has a decent breakfast area, and a good parking facility. The parking is actually a private lot at the rear of the hotel. But it is monitored 24/7 I believe, and the guys on-site that watch the lot struck us a conscientious. The thing that makes this hotel a diamond in the ruff is it's price and location. It is right in the main downtown hub and is walking distance from Public Square, Cleveland Indians baseball park and Gund arena, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Clevelands great Lake front area (Browns Stadium The Rapid Lakefront station, the Great Lakes Science Center, the I-Max theater, and others. The Warehouse district (night life) is also a short distance. The hotel is close to Tower City, where you can catch the Rapid (lite rail) to most of the most interesting parts of the City. Don't miss West Side Market and University Circle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
I just want to say Thank You for taking the time to send a review in regarding your stay. I too believe we are a "Diamond in the ruff." The hotel is close to all the major spots and the staff here will do all they can to make anyones stay a pleasant experience. We look forward to having you back again soon. The Casino has just opened and we are only a 10 min walk away and our INdians are in 1st place so come cheer them on.

All the Best,

wheelersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have stayed here before and find the hotel to be very comfortable and close to the hospital. We especially like the shuttle service the hotel runs to the hospital. The room was very comfortable and the hot breakfast buffet was fantastic. Hot waffles, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, donuts, bagels, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, everything for a satisfying breakfast. I would stay here again and also recommend to friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and we look forward to having you back again in the near future. Should you need anything please feel free to contact me. All the best to you and your family.

Take care,

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Downtown Comfort Inn looks nice on the outside, but their rooms need to be renovated. The carpet is old, the toilet and bathroom in general, is extra small. Also, the shower/tub could use a facelift.

The double beds are comfortable, but the bedding looks worn--and should be updated. My room is not spacious, and seemed "crowded" because of the work desk and chair unit, by the window. I had to move the chair, to get to the air conditioner/heater unit.

I appreciated the two power outlets located on top of the desk (connected to the desk lamp). They are nice to plug in your cell phone and other electronics.

However, the lighting in the room is extremely dim and needs to be brighter. Having a Refrigerator and Microwave in the room is convient. So is the Coffee Maker, Iron, and Ironing Board.

The bedside table is big and outdated, so is the Television. Also, the cable channels didn't come in clearly, due to the bad reception.

I did not see a Swimming Pool, and I think this hotel doesn't have one. But they do have Washing Machines and Dryers available for guests.

An excellent breakfast was served in the Hotel Ballroom, which is very spacious. Various food items were available, such as: yogurt, waffles, bagels, donuts, various cereals (in self serve bowls), boiled and scrambled eggs, sausage, a variety of fresh fruits, orange and apple juice, milk, tea, and coffee.

The hotel lobby is nicely (and modernly) furnished with couches, tables, chairs, a computer, a Flat Screen, and hot coffee is always available.

Both indoor and outdoor parking is available.
The staff is ok, except for the night Parking Attendant was more interested in watching TV in the outdoor booth, instead of monitoring cars.

Room Tip: Ask if you can stay in the most recently remodeled room, if they have any.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cavalette, I am sorry if you had any problems with your room. I see that you had mentioned both the good and the bad points of your stay and it is my job to correct the bad ones. I know that some of the rooms may seem small and the bathrooms definately could be bigger. We are currently in the process of beginning the upgrades in the bathrooms with new vanity's and We have the new Flat Screen TV's on order for all the rooms. Please I hope you will come back and visit us again. I want you to have a great stay with us in the future so if you decide to come back be sure to ask for me.