“Dr. visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
wheelersburg
“Dr. visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have stayed here before and find the hotel to be very comfortable and close to the hospital. We especially like the shuttle service the hotel runs to the hospital. The room was very comfortable and the hot breakfast buffet was fantastic. Hot waffles, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, donuts, bagels, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, everything for a satisfying breakfast. I would stay here again and also recommend to friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and we look forward to having you back again in the near future. Should you need anything please feel free to contact me. All the best to you and your family.

Take care,

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Downtown Comfort Inn looks nice on the outside, but their rooms need to be renovated. The carpet is old, the toilet and bathroom in general, is extra small. Also, the shower/tub could use a facelift.

The double beds are comfortable, but the bedding looks worn--and should be updated. My room is not spacious, and seemed "crowded" because of the work desk and chair unit, by the window. I had to move the chair, to get to the air conditioner/heater unit.

I appreciated the two power outlets located on top of the desk (connected to the desk lamp). They are nice to plug in your cell phone and other electronics.

However, the lighting in the room is extremely dim and needs to be brighter. Having a Refrigerator and Microwave in the room is convient. So is the Coffee Maker, Iron, and Ironing Board.

The bedside table is big and outdated, so is the Television. Also, the cable channels didn't come in clearly, due to the bad reception.

I did not see a Swimming Pool, and I think this hotel doesn't have one. But they do have Washing Machines and Dryers available for guests.

An excellent breakfast was served in the Hotel Ballroom, which is very spacious. Various food items were available, such as: yogurt, waffles, bagels, donuts, various cereals (in self serve bowls), boiled and scrambled eggs, sausage, a variety of fresh fruits, orange and apple juice, milk, tea, and coffee.

The hotel lobby is nicely (and modernly) furnished with couches, tables, chairs, a computer, a Flat Screen, and hot coffee is always available.

Both indoor and outdoor parking is available.
The staff is ok, except for the night Parking Attendant was more interested in watching TV in the outdoor booth, instead of monitoring cars.

Room Tip: Ask if you can stay in the most recently remodeled room, if they have any.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cavalette, I am sorry if you had any problems with your room. I see that you had mentioned both the good and the bad points of your stay and it is my job to correct the bad ones. I know that some of the rooms may seem small and the bathrooms definately could be bigger. We are currently in the process of beginning the upgrades in the bathrooms with new vanity's and We have the new Flat Screen TV's on order for all the rooms. Please I hope you will come back and visit us again. I want you to have a great stay with us in the future so if you decide to come back be sure to ask for me.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I go to the Cleveland Clinic once a month. When I found this hotel on my 2nd trip, I was very happy. Although you get hungry when you first arrive, it's because the fresh bread from the Subway in the lobby wharfs up into your room....lol, after a while you can't even smell it. The room are very clean, the breakfast is plentiful, and they gladly welcome your pets. I have to give a big applause to their driver John. He was so friendly and helpful. I was waiting for my prescription and he arrived as it was being filled and he gladly waited for me. If you need food, or anything it is really close. There is a little convenient store just 3 buildings down from the hotel where you can buy just about anything you need, from beer to snacks and personal hygiene items. They were happy to allow our two small dogs to stay. We already have reservations for our next trip back in May!

Room Tip: The room doesn't matter...we were on the street side on the 3rd floor and still found it very qu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn. It's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be coming back to see us again in May. I hope that things are going well for you and your family member that is vsiting the Clevelan Clinic. Should you need anything at all please feel free to contact me here at the hotel.

Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Rooms were clean, staff was very nice.
-Front desk: The ladies were okay, but the manager was simply awesome. Very friendly guy, really helpful. 5 stars for him!
-To be honest, the location isnt so good. Its close to the city center by walk, and there is public transport stop right next to the hotel, but overall, the neighbourhood is quite dangerous (according to locals). Also, there were quite a lot of homeless guys outside (which i dont mind, i always gave them a buck or two).
-Personally, i had problems with breakfasts. I hate sweet breakfasts, and everything was sweet there. Pancakes, waffles, donuts... I've ended up eating just a bread with butter every morning. No cheese, no ham, no salami. Coffee is very nice here though!
-2nd quite big problem was with smoking. I knew my room was non-smoking, i wouldnt smoke in my room anyway. I was hoping there would be some smokers space in lobby or something. No. You have to go outside of the hotel to smoke a ciggarette.
-Price: I am personally working at front desk in 5 star hotel in europe, and our price is 130$ per night at this time of year. But you pay 116$ (with taxes) for a night in 2 star here. I think the price of this hotel should be 20-30$ per night lower. Thats why i rate value only 2/5.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
I want to let you know I appreciate your kind words about the hotel and its staff. I also want you to know I take your other comments very seriously and will be looking into some other ideas for the breakfast. Location is not something I can change and the pan handlers outside are something that we try to control daily. They really are harmless. I too like to have a smoke occasionally and our hotel is completely non-smoking. I hope if you visit Cleveland again you will give us another chance to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Everyone we spoke to during our stay was quite nice and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were there over St Patrick's day and the hotel kept pretty good security. Not only did you have to scan your room card to get into the building, but you also had to show them your wristband that was given at check in. The location was great for what we were in town for, but it is a little over a mile walk to the lake. There are a few places to eat nearby, the pizza place in the same building has some good deals and their pizza is pretty good. If you need a convenience store there was only one we found in the area, about a half a block east of the hotel. There is a guy that hangs out there that seems to have made himself the hype man. He seems harmless, but be prepared to have him ask you many questions like "What do you know about that?" regarding just about anything and have him follow you through the store. There is a paid parking lot behind the hotel and the rates were not bad and included in the hotel bill. The only issue I had was getting the price of my stay to match what I was told by phone. I found this out at initial check in and was told to talk to the manager the next day. He was understanding about this and asked a number of questions, but never gave me an attitude or argued with me. This would be the hotel I stay at if I ever go back to Cleveland.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
I want to tell you I know who your speaking of at the store next door and he is quite a character. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us ad we look forward to having you back again in the near future. St. Patty's day is always a busy time and we want everyone to feel safe. Some folks don't like the wristbands but it avoids guest from renting a room to have a wild party with 20 friends and that is why we use them. I thank you for understanding. Please come visit us again. the Indiams are doing great and there is nothing like a day at the ballpark.

Mayfield, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

The Comfort Inn downtown couldn't have been better. Free shuttle to & from Cleveland Clinic, full breakfast, clean rooms and helpful staff. Especially enjoyed our van drivers!! When you are under extreme stress with someone in ICU, it helps not to have to worry about getting to and from the Clinic. Also very helpful to have washer and dryer on our floor at very reasonable prices when you come during an emergency with only a couple of outfits and stay 10 days. Why pay over $225.00 per night when this Comfort Inn has more than you need for $72.00 per night. The $225.00 hotel charged $16.00 for breakfast and Comfort Inn is free. We three sisters took turns staying overnight at the Clinic on their loveseats so 2 out of 3 nights, at least we got a good nights sleep. Thanks again to the staff and Drivers!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are happy that we could be here to assist you and your sisters through this difficult time. We hope that your family is doing well and that everything has gone well for your family member visiting the clinic.

Cortland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The hotel front desk people are very helpful and courteous. Rooms are clean and really a wonderful place to live. The location is wonderful and have 3 restaurants (pizza, subway and Mexican food) on site. Walking distance from a mall and provides free shuttle service to and from the Cleveland Clinic which is really helpful. The full breakfast was yummy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Miss Patel,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay here at the Comfort Inn. We are happy that you were able to enjoy it. If you ever make your way back through Cleveland please stop and see us again.

Asst. GM

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!