We stayed two nights at the Glidden and were fortunate enough to be in a room in the original part of the house right above the front door which meant that the room was unusual -interestingly so- in shape. Bathroom was huge and well appointed with a glorious shower. Breakfast, in the original conservatory and dining room, offered every reasonable choice. The concierge helped us to book a table at an excellent restaurant. Shuttle around University Circle area stops right outside the hotel and makes a trip into downtown on RTA perfectly feasible and convenient. While not wishing to be silly, we found that providing thirteen assorted pillows and cushions on the bed was excessive. There are excellent restaurants fifteen minutes walk away in Little Italy; Sergio's next door is overpriced, overhyped and distinctly underwhelming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer.The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Glidden House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Inn Cleveland, Ohio