We have stayed at Glidden House 3 times in 4 months and will return. We have stayed in a standard room each time which we found adequate. However, on our last visit, we asked about upgrading to a suite upon check in and the rate quoted was higher than online. They refused to honor the online rate even though we were returning guests. The weather has been inclement each time and I enjoy the warmth and the atmosphere of the hotel while my husband is away on business. I agree with other reviewers that noise is an issue (and last time the snow plow at 4 in the morning right outside our side window) but I feel that the location and free parking make it the best choice for us. We enjoy stopping for a nightcap at the cozy hotel bar and Ed makes a great drink. Compared to other hotels offering a free breakfast, I prefer Glidden House by far. The first time we stayed the eggs were satisfactory but the last two times they were inedible. The pastries are very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer.The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Glidden House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Inn Cleveland, Ohio